Cheaper and faster iPhone

Started by Jessie, June 09, 2008, 02:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Infobahn

I'm going to get one if:

-The 3G data plan is not insane
-I can move HB's -phone over from Verizon
-I don't have to wait in line.

FalloutBoy

$199 got the 8gb is not bad at all. Oddly enough I lost mine on Friday, was pissed. Then Sunday I checked my voicemail from my home phone and some lady who could hardly speak English (Spanish) had found it on an El station platform, must have fallen out of my pocket. She hunted me down, called AT&T and everything. Gave her a nice well deserved reward, she went above and beyond.

meredith

if they sell the unlocked units at that price, i'll get one.  going to at&t, though? no chance.

i can't see AT&T not going to unlimited/unmetered data plans, info.  market pressure is going to be too high on them, because everyone else is moving that way.

they plan to put out the SDK this summer.  that would make 3 open phone platforms released this year.

dc

AT&T includes "Unlimited" data on all of the iPhone plans.  The quotes are because there is a 5GB soft cap on transfer per month.   They don't really enforce it, but the soft cap is there just in case they need to use it.  Actually, most providers have something like that in place to prevent/control abuse.

And one thing to keep in mind about the "wonderful" 3G capabilities....  It only counts if you're in a 3G area, and not all areas have it yet.  Metro areas have it, but outside of the cities you get stuck with Edge, generally.  They're building towers like mad, as is Verizon, to get coverage out there, but it's still a way off (unlike Sprint, who appear to be headed backwards.)  I can check coverage for you if there's a certain are you're interested in.

And porting your number from Verizon should be no problem.  Verizon takes the longest to complete the transfer, but it still can be done.

eo000

Quote from: FalloutBoy on June 09, 2008, 03:53:09 PM
$199 got the 8gb is not bad at all. Oddly enough I lost mine on Friday, was pissed. Then Sunday I checked my voicemail from my home phone and some lady who could hardly speak English (Spanish) had found it on an El station platform, must have fallen out of my pocket. She hunted me down, called AT&T and everything. Gave her a nice well deserved reward, she went above and beyond.
that had to be horrible for you.

meredith

I'll be on EDGE for a while, as nobody knows WTF T-Mobile is doing as far as 3G.  It's the K-Mart of wireless carriers.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

There's always this...

[attachment deleted by admin]
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dots

I want one, but I don't want to switch to AT&T.  I am going to give the Sprint's Samsung Instinct a test drive and if it is not what I want, I will make the switch.
You're an asshole and I hate you.