News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

The Star Wars: Episode 3 Junto Review and Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, May 18, 2005, 09:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDun

I think all the die hard SW geeks have gone to camp out at the theater.

Oh well, they only have 2 hours and 11 minutes to wait. I hope it's not raining where ever they are.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

(Spoilerish in tiny type)

*squeals*

That was incredible.  It outdid the other two by miles in my opinion.  I think it followed suit with the first three - first one was stupid set up.  Second one was better, setting up to the best part.  And the third drives it home.

There were a few parts that were cheesy - one part (where Darth Vader learns of Padme's death and screams "NOOOO!") made me chuckle when I shouldn't, and ticked me off that they chose cheese.  But then I realized how much that cheesy line fit into the style of the original three.  So I've let that go.

Tons of people dressed up, however, no pictures.

A. It was raining, so we didn't want to ruin the camera.
B. Because of the tickets I bought, they let us in the theater right away so we didn't have to wait in any lines, therefore we rushed in to get good seats.

We got great seats - set our stuff down in a mostly empty theater, and played cards on a stair platform.  When suddenly, we were 'attacked' by 3 highschool boys trying to hit on us.  And yes, I mean trying.  I forgot how horribly HS boys flirt. 

I went to the concession stand at 11:30 because I was dying of thirst.  There were long lines, but I figured thirty minutes would be enough.  No such luck.  There was one lady ahead of me when I heard the screaming from the theaters.  I figured I could miss one or two previews and still be fine.  I got my drink and booked ass into the theater.  Lights were still on, stupid slides were still on the screen. 

I got to the roomie and asked why all the screaming if the movie hadn't started.  There was a problem with the reel, so they didn't get the movie started until 12:30ish.  A room full of pissed off geeks is not a good thing.

But back to the movie.  Plot was great. Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  General Gregorius was incredible.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Fight scenes were really good this time. Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Who casts Jimmy Smitts?  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  I loved this movie.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Yoda still should have been a puppet, not CGI - he looked like someone colored him in with colored pencil.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.

I think that about covers it.  Well almost.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.

eo000

on the local news at 10, they showed a bunch of yahoo's in costumes at the local theater. I was so tempted to go take pictures, but lazyness won out.

ignom

Did you know that Lou Ferrigno is sometimes on King of Queens? He plays himself. He was on last night's episode.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Youphoric

Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 08:07:56 AM
Did you know that Lou Ferrigno is sometimes on King of Queens? He plays himself. He was on last night's episode.
I heart Sinbad.

Jessie

Timothy really wants to see this.

Let's see.  He loves Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, Monty Python, and his computer.

I think I might have a nerd on my hands.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

ReBurn

Jessie

cnamon

There was a picture in the paper this morning of a guy reading the paper in Lima, Peru in full Darth Vader costume.

eo, get your spank rag...IT's COSPLAY TIME!!!

Alice

Quote from: eissej on May 19, 2005, 08:56:10 AM
Quote from: ReBurninator on May 19, 2005, 08:54:10 AM
I really wish I had a cool jedi costume.

Such a thing does not exist.

There was a guy there dressed up as Obi Wan.  Not just a cheap bathrobe - but almost a reproduction of the costume.  I have to tell you - it was pretty hot.

ReBurn

ReBurn

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 19, 2005, 09:00:24 AM

There was a guy there dressed up as Obi Wan.  Not just a cheap bathrobe - but almost a reproduction of the costume.  I have to tell you - it was pretty hot.
See jessie?!?!?!!  See?!!?!!!

eo000

cnamon, thanks!   the last two had pregnant women in them. looks like some of them finally found out what their light sabers are for.

alice, i hope you mean young obi wan, not old bearded obi wan.

Jessie

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurninator on May 19, 2005, 09:01:08 AM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 19, 2005, 09:00:24 AM

See jessie?!?!?!!  See?!!?!!!

Was Obi Wan a jedi?

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on May 19, 2005, 09:02:28 AM
alice, i hope you mean young obi wan, not old bearded obi wan.

Yes.  Young Obi Wan.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Alice

cnamon

I had a breakthrough last night and I realize I have something in common with the Star Wars geeks:

I dressed up for the last episode of Sex and the City and had a glass of wine.  Not very geeky, but I put on a little black dress and stilletos to watch TV.

BigDun

Quote from: cnamon on May 19, 2005, 10:35:53 AM
I had a breakthrough last night and I realize I have something in common with the Star Wars geeks:

I dressed up for the last episode of Sex and the City and had a glass of wine.  Not very geeky, but I put on a little black dress and stilletos to watch TV.

You didn't drink a Cosmopolitan?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

cnamon

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 10:38:03 AM
Quote from: cnamon on May 19, 2005, 10:35:53 AM

You didn't drink a Cosmopolitan?
I didn't have time to get the materials for it, so wine had to do. 

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 19, 2005, 03:34:52 AM
(Spoilerish in tiny type)

*squeals*

That was incredible.  It outdid the other two by miles in my opinion.  I think it followed suit with the first three - first one was stupid set up.  Second one was better, setting up to the best part.  And the third drives it home.

There were a few parts that were cheesy - one part (where Darth Vader learns of Padme's death and screams "NOOOO!") made me chuckle when I shouldn't, and ticked me off that they chose cheese.  But then I realized how much that cheesy line fit into the style of the original three.  So I've let that go.

Tons of people dressed up, however, no pictures.

A. It was raining, so we didn't want to ruin the camera.
B. Because of the tickets I bought, they let us in the theater right away so we didn't have to wait in any lines, therefore we rushed in to get good seats.

We got great seats - set our stuff down in a mostly empty theater, and played cards on a stair platform.  When suddenly, we were 'attacked' by 3 highschool boys trying to hit on us.  And yes, I mean trying.  I forgot how horribly HS boys flirt. 

I went to the concession stand at 11:30 because I was dying of thirst.  There were long lines, but I figured thirty minutes would be enough.  No such luck.  There was one lady ahead of me when I heard the screaming from the theaters.  I figured I could miss one or two previews and still be fine.  I got my drink and booked ass into the theater.  Lights were still on, stupid slides were still on the screen. 

I got to the roomie and asked why all the screaming if the movie hadn't started.  There was a problem with the reel, so they didn't get the movie started until 12:30ish.  A room full of pissed off geeks is not a good thing.

But back to the movie.  Plot was great. Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  General Gregorius was incredible.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Fight scenes were really good this time. Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Who casts Jimmy Smitts?  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  I loved this movie.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Yoda still should have been a puppet, not CGI - he looked like someone colored him in with colored pencil.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.

I think that about covers it.  Well almost.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.

Any good trailers before the flick?