News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

The Star Wars: Episode 3 Junto Review and Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, May 18, 2005, 09:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

ignom

I was hoping for the Simpsons, but whatever the second movie is called, that's what's on. Ewan McGregor is fighting Boba Fett's dad or something like that.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

A girl at the grocery store had her hair in Leia buns.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2005, 07:17:36 PM

Did you ask for her number?

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 22, 2005, 07:27:44 PM

If she'd been ten years older I would have.

Beefy

Oh, and stupid AOTC is pre-empting Family Guy tonight.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2005, 07:28:18 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 22, 2005, 07:27:44 PM

If she'd been ten years older I would have.

Oh, by girl you meant girl. 

Youphoric

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2005, 07:28:39 PM
Oh, and stupid AOTC is pre-empting Family Guy tonight.
Totally annoyed at that one

OBB

Hey, I have a question...

If being a Jedi is a genetic thing, and Jedis aren't allowed to breed, how do they hope to renew the supply of Jedis? It'd be like if all redheads joined a celibate monastic martial order. Eventually, there'd be no more naturally occurring redheads.

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on May 25, 2005, 10:33:29 AM

If being a Jedi is a genetic thing, and Jedis aren't allowed to breed, how do they hope to renew the supply of Jedis? It'd be like if all redheads joined a celibate monastic martial order. Eventually, there'd be no more naturally occurring redheads.

It would seem that while it is genetic( Anakin -> Luke/Leia -> Leias children, etc ) its also a seemingly random sensitivity to the force.  IIRC, the novels include having luke's children( with Mara Jade ) and Leia's children.

Jessie

Why even imagine such a horrible thing?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

OBB

Quote from: Jessie on May 25, 2005, 10:53:55 AM

Why even imagine such a horrible thing?

Because of it's sheer impossibility! We all know you're too pretty to join a celibate monastic martial order.  ;)

VikingJuice

One part of the storyline I'm not particularly keen on has Jedi being "created" by the force itself, aka Anakin's lack of an actual father.  Some people credit this to the Emporer as having using the force to "create" in Shmi Skywalker a child where there was none before.  I think it's kind of silly but then again, Yoda as a bad-ass is stretching a bit too and for the most part, I accept that too.

Size matters not.

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 26, 2005, 12:38:38 PM
Quote from: Youphoric on May 26, 2005, 12:37:59 PM
Quote from: Beefy on May 26, 2005, 12:35:53 PM
Quote from: vikingjuice on May 26, 2005, 12:34:00 PM
Size matters not.

They lie.
Not all, sir loin.  Not all.
It's not the size of the force, it's how you use it.

Only sometimes.  Some of your kind actually ponied up with some honesty on this matter once.  I think she was shot shortly thereafter.

OBB

One part of the storyline I'm not particularly keen on has Jedi being "created" by the force itself, aka Anakin's lack of an actual father.  Some people credit this to the Emporer as having using the force to "create" in Shmi Skywalker a child where there was none before.  I think it's kind of silly but then again, Yoda as a bad-ass is stretching a bit too and for the most part, I accept that too.

Size matters not.

I think the Yoda as a badass thing stems from those 80 year-old Kendo masters in Japan. The guys are all old and crinkly, and use canes to walk up to the arena, then they go like BAM!!! and beat the ass of some young guy (in Kendo), then they walk away all slow and shit.

Youphoric

Quote from: Beefy on May 26, 2005, 12:39:27 PM
Size matters not.

They lie.

Only sometimes.  Some of your kind actually ponied up with some honesty on this matter once.  I think she was shot shortly thereafter.
I gave my honesty.

I DON'T LIKE BIG DICKS.

Jeez

cnamon

Size matters not.

They lie.

Alice is totally right.  It's all in the hips.

Alice

Quote from: cnamon on May 26, 2005, 12:41:59 PM
Size matters not.

They lie.

Alice is totally right.  It's all in the hips.
Yeah, the girl that came out and said it mattered - obviously never had a guy do it right. 

Beefy

Youphoric