News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

The Star Wars: Episode 3 Junto Review and Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, May 18, 2005, 09:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Post your thoughts, your elations, your disappointments in here.

Don't be cruel and recklessly ruin the film for others.  If you're going to drop spoilers, give a warning, make the text too small to read... anything to keep from ruining someone else's surprise.

If you spoil anything, we're sending Bish over.

Alice and I will drop our thoughts tonight.

Alice

I'm so excited I'm about ready to pee myself.

I have to take a nap when I get home cuz apparently we're going to the theater at 9:30.  My friends are insane.

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 18, 2005, 09:29:30 AM

I have to take a nap when I get home cuz apparently we're going to the theater at 9:30.  My friends are insane.

Hush, you.  I'm getting there four hours early.

Alice

Quote from: Beef on May 18, 2005, 09:52:04 AM

Like I said, my friends are insane.   ;D

Hey, you're on the same time zone as me.  It'll be like we're going to the movie together.  Cept not really at all.

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 18, 2005, 10:00:26 AM

Hey, you're on the same time zone as me.  It'll be like we're going to the movie together.  Cept not really at all.

We can call each other on our cellphones during the film.

Alice

Quote from: Beef on May 18, 2005, 10:02:04 AM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 18, 2005, 10:00:26 AM

We can call each other on our cellphones during the film.

"Oh my god Steve, can you believe that just happened?"

Youphoric

Alice

Youphoric

Beefy

I paid my money, too!  Besides, I'll get off the phone when you shut your toddler the eff up!

eo000

* eo000 gets up*

fuck. this isn't fever pitch. i'm so out of here.

Alice

OBB

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 18, 2005, 10:19:03 AM
Quote from: Youphoric on May 18, 2005, 10:12:10 AM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 18, 2005, 10:11:00 AM
Quote from: Youphoric on May 18, 2005, 10:08:26 AM
*chucks M&M's*

GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE

Come down here and make me! 
You know, I have before and I'd do it again.

Bring it on Sy Snootles.

Don't go bringing the Max Rebo band into this.

Sy Snootles was cute.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

I heard from a reliable insider souce that Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader.  Sorry to spoil the surprise.

ReBurn

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 18, 2005, 12:55:01 PM
I heard from a reliable insider souce that Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader.  Sorry to spoil the surprise.
You're breaking my heart!

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 18, 2005, 12:55:01 PM

* aliceliddell kicks you in the sarlaac and runs.

Bishamonten

I'm going to go buy a star wars novel since I won't be seeing the movie until this weekend.  I hope you guys really enjoy the movie, I'm really hoping it turns out well.

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 18, 2005, 01:23:37 PM
I'm going to go buy a star wars novel since I won't be seeing the movie until this weekend.  I hope you guys really enjoy the movie, I'm really hoping it turns out well.

I'm assuming it will be like a big doogie howser.  It hurts at times, it gets a little uncomfortable - you wish you could control how it was going.  But at the end, you're really glad you went... and you have a little more closure than when you started.

Jessie

I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but I think one of the good guys might turn into a bad guy.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

OBB

I'm just gonna make Lightsabre noises until I can see the movie on Friday.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 18, 2005, 01:23:37 PM

Picked up Shatterpoint
Heir to the Empire ( actually read this when I was younger )
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command. 

I've heard good things and it's been awhile since I've been in this universe.  I'm excited.  I may close the door to my office and start reading now.

Beefy

OBB

At the end, it was all a dream. Chewbacca, C-3P0 and Yoda were farmhands, R2 was just a trashcan, and Emperor Palpatine was really the weird lady who rode a bike around.

There's no place like home.

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on May 18, 2005, 02:19:40 PM
At the end, it was all a dream. Chewbacca, C-3P0 and Yoda were farmhands, R2 was just a trashcan, and Emperor Palpatine was really the weird lady who rode a bike around.

There's no place like hoth

Fixed that for you.

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 18, 2005, 02:20:18 PM
Quote from: OBB on May 18, 2005, 02:19:40 PM

There's no place like hoth

Fixed that for you.

Niiiiiiice.

cnamon

If you two could take pictures of all the people in costumes, that would be super.

Eo will love that shit.

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on May 18, 2005, 02:37:14 PM
If you two could take pictures of all the people in costumes, that would be super.

Eo will love masturbate to that shit.

cnamon

Quote from: eissej on May 18, 2005, 02:38:12 PM
Quote from: cnamon on May 18, 2005, 02:37:14 PM

Eo will love masturbate to that shit.
Good call.

Beefy

I am calling the theatre before leaving and asking if pictures are allowed.  If so, pictures you will have.

Also, 30 responses and yet no one has seen the damn film yet.

OBB

Quote from: Beef on May 18, 2005, 02:47:18 PM
I am calling the theatre before leaving and asking if pictures are allowed.  If so, pictures you will have.

Take pictures of hot girls too... especially Gold Bikini hot girls.

cnamon

I thought it wasn't going to be released until midnight

Beefy

Quote from: OBB on May 18, 2005, 02:48:33 PM

Do you really think that if there are girls in the slave outfit that they'll be hot?

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on May 18, 2005, 02:50:12 PM

12:01am

eo000

The one day i don't have my damn camera with me.  :'(

I saw 4 teen boys having an all out light saber fight on my way home. 

cnamon

Quote from: Beef on May 18, 2005, 02:51:14 PM
Quote from: cnamon on May 18, 2005, 02:50:12 PM

12:01am
Thanks for clearing that up.

Alice

Quote from: Beef on May 18, 2005, 02:50:53 PM
Quote from: OBB on May 18, 2005, 02:48:33 PM

Do you really think that if there are girls in the slave outfit that they'll be hot?

You speak the truth.

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on May 18, 2005, 02:55:59 PM
The one day i don't have my damn camera with me.  :'(

I saw 4 teen boys having an all out light saber fight on my way home. 
Hopefully they all killed each other.

Bishamonten

Started reading Shatterpoint.  Damned good so far.

nishi

i love this thread. i drove over 2 hours with a 1968 pontiac catalina station wagon full of fellow theatre students to see the opening night of.... one of the star wars movies.

(i'm really old.)

we had never been to that city (columbia, SC), and we didn't even know which movie theater it was playing in. we just went there, and then drove around asking people until we found it. we were at dinner, jonesing about how it was opening but not in our city, and then we started naming cities it was opening in, and someone got a paper, and the next thing i knew, something totally stupid was happening.

ok. it was The Empire Strikes Back, and it was a perfect and ridiculous night.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Alice

Quote from: nishi on May 18, 2005, 04:18:50 PM
i love this thread. i drove over 2 hours with a 1968 pontiac catalina station wagon full of fellow theatre students to see the opening night of.... one of the star wars movies.

(i'm really old.)

we had never been to that city (columbia, SC), and we didn't even know which movie theater it was playing in. we just went there, and then drove around asking people until we found it. we were at dinner, jonesing about how it was opening but not in our city, and then we started naming cities it was opening in, and someone got a paper, and the next thing i knew, something totally stupid was happening.

ok. it was The Empire Strikes Back, and it was a perfect and ridiculous night.

That sounds amazing Nishi.

ignom

The only one I saw in the theater was Return of the Jedi. I was 5. I remember I went with my dad, and we got there late and they were already in Jabba's hut. We tried to talk the usher or somebody into letting us stay to see the beginning, but he wouldn't let us.

I don't think I saw it again til I was 12 or so.

I also saw the reissue of Star Wars in the theater with the new fx, but that's not quite the same.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

nishi

i'm actually sitting here at my desk, grinning like an idiot, thinking about the whole thing. i didn't even know how to get to columbia - i think we had to ask directions even for that. we got there in time for the second show, they were running them once an hour i think, so the 1:00am show and some dickweed coming out of the theatre started yelling about darth vadar being luke skywalker's father and someone tackled him to get him to shut up.

we were in the very front row of the theatre which made reading the opening really uncomfortable..... but it was such a great movie to be enveloped in and swept away by.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Alice

Youphoric

Alice

04:35:06

BigDun

I think all the die hard SW geeks have gone to camp out at the theater.

Oh well, they only have 2 hours and 11 minutes to wait. I hope it's not raining where ever they are.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

(Spoilerish in tiny type)

*squeals*

That was incredible.  It outdid the other two by miles in my opinion.  I think it followed suit with the first three - first one was stupid set up.  Second one was better, setting up to the best part.  And the third drives it home.

There were a few parts that were cheesy - one part (where Darth Vader learns of Padme's death and screams "NOOOO!") made me chuckle when I shouldn't, and ticked me off that they chose cheese.  But then I realized how much that cheesy line fit into the style of the original three.  So I've let that go.

Tons of people dressed up, however, no pictures.

A. It was raining, so we didn't want to ruin the camera.
B. Because of the tickets I bought, they let us in the theater right away so we didn't have to wait in any lines, therefore we rushed in to get good seats.

We got great seats - set our stuff down in a mostly empty theater, and played cards on a stair platform.  When suddenly, we were 'attacked' by 3 highschool boys trying to hit on us.  And yes, I mean trying.  I forgot how horribly HS boys flirt. 

I went to the concession stand at 11:30 because I was dying of thirst.  There were long lines, but I figured thirty minutes would be enough.  No such luck.  There was one lady ahead of me when I heard the screaming from the theaters.  I figured I could miss one or two previews and still be fine.  I got my drink and booked ass into the theater.  Lights were still on, stupid slides were still on the screen. 

I got to the roomie and asked why all the screaming if the movie hadn't started.  There was a problem with the reel, so they didn't get the movie started until 12:30ish.  A room full of pissed off geeks is not a good thing.

But back to the movie.  Plot was great. Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  General Gregorius was incredible.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Fight scenes were really good this time. Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Who casts Jimmy Smitts?  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  I loved this movie.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Yoda still should have been a puppet, not CGI - he looked like someone colored him in with colored pencil.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.

I think that about covers it.  Well almost.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.

eo000

on the local news at 10, they showed a bunch of yahoo's in costumes at the local theater. I was so tempted to go take pictures, but lazyness won out.

ignom

Did you know that Lou Ferrigno is sometimes on King of Queens? He plays himself. He was on last night's episode.

Youphoric

Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 08:07:56 AM
Did you know that Lou Ferrigno is sometimes on King of Queens? He plays himself. He was on last night's episode.
I heart Sinbad.

Jessie

Timothy really wants to see this.

Let's see.  He loves Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, Monty Python, and his computer.

I think I might have a nerd on my hands.

ReBurn

Jessie

ReBurn

Jessie

cnamon

There was a picture in the paper this morning of a guy reading the paper in Lima, Peru in full Darth Vader costume.

eo, get your spank rag...IT's COSPLAY TIME!!!

Alice

Quote from: eissej on May 19, 2005, 08:56:10 AM
Quote from: ReBurninator on May 19, 2005, 08:54:10 AM
I really wish I had a cool jedi costume.

Such a thing does not exist.

There was a guy there dressed up as Obi Wan.  Not just a cheap bathrobe - but almost a reproduction of the costume.  I have to tell you - it was pretty hot.

ReBurn

ReBurn

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 19, 2005, 09:00:24 AM

There was a guy there dressed up as Obi Wan.  Not just a cheap bathrobe - but almost a reproduction of the costume.  I have to tell you - it was pretty hot.
See jessie?!?!?!!  See?!!?!!!

eo000

cnamon, thanks!   the last two had pregnant women in them. looks like some of them finally found out what their light sabers are for.

alice, i hope you mean young obi wan, not old bearded obi wan.

Jessie

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurninator on May 19, 2005, 09:01:08 AM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 19, 2005, 09:00:24 AM

See jessie?!?!?!!  See?!!?!!!

Was Obi Wan a jedi?

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on May 19, 2005, 09:02:28 AM
alice, i hope you mean young obi wan, not old bearded obi wan.

Yes.  Young Obi Wan.

ignom

Alice

cnamon

I had a breakthrough last night and I realize I have something in common with the Star Wars geeks:

I dressed up for the last episode of Sex and the City and had a glass of wine.  Not very geeky, but I put on a little black dress and stilletos to watch TV.

BigDun

Quote from: cnamon on May 19, 2005, 10:35:53 AM
I had a breakthrough last night and I realize I have something in common with the Star Wars geeks:

I dressed up for the last episode of Sex and the City and had a glass of wine.  Not very geeky, but I put on a little black dress and stilletos to watch TV.

You didn't drink a Cosmopolitan?

cnamon

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 10:38:03 AM
Quote from: cnamon on May 19, 2005, 10:35:53 AM

You didn't drink a Cosmopolitan?
I didn't have time to get the materials for it, so wine had to do. 

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 19, 2005, 03:34:52 AM
(Spoilerish in tiny type)

*squeals*

That was incredible.  It outdid the other two by miles in my opinion.  I think it followed suit with the first three - first one was stupid set up.  Second one was better, setting up to the best part.  And the third drives it home.

There were a few parts that were cheesy - one part (where Darth Vader learns of Padme's death and screams "NOOOO!") made me chuckle when I shouldn't, and ticked me off that they chose cheese.  But then I realized how much that cheesy line fit into the style of the original three.  So I've let that go.

Tons of people dressed up, however, no pictures.

A. It was raining, so we didn't want to ruin the camera.
B. Because of the tickets I bought, they let us in the theater right away so we didn't have to wait in any lines, therefore we rushed in to get good seats.

We got great seats - set our stuff down in a mostly empty theater, and played cards on a stair platform.  When suddenly, we were 'attacked' by 3 highschool boys trying to hit on us.  And yes, I mean trying.  I forgot how horribly HS boys flirt. 

I went to the concession stand at 11:30 because I was dying of thirst.  There were long lines, but I figured thirty minutes would be enough.  No such luck.  There was one lady ahead of me when I heard the screaming from the theaters.  I figured I could miss one or two previews and still be fine.  I got my drink and booked ass into the theater.  Lights were still on, stupid slides were still on the screen. 

I got to the roomie and asked why all the screaming if the movie hadn't started.  There was a problem with the reel, so they didn't get the movie started until 12:30ish.  A room full of pissed off geeks is not a good thing.

But back to the movie.  Plot was great. Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  General Gregorius was incredible.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Fight scenes were really good this time. Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Who casts Jimmy Smitts?  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  I loved this movie.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.  Yoda still should have been a puppet, not CGI - he looked like someone colored him in with colored pencil.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.

I think that about covers it.  Well almost.  Hayden Christiansen is hot when evil and sad.

Any good trailers before the flick?

Alice

Quote from: Beef on May 19, 2005, 11:52:26 AM

Yeah - The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D.

Not really any good trailers at all in my opinion.

ignom

Jessie

Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 12:28:34 PM
Shark Boy and Lava Girl looks stupid.

I agree.

Oh I forgot that we saw that trailer at HHGTTG.  I couldn't remember where I'd seen it for a second there.

Ignore me.

ReBurn

Work sucks so bad.  I wanted to skip out and see it yesterday, and I can't.  I wanted to skip out today and see it, and I can't.

I doubt if I get to see it this weekend either, as I am on (beck and) call.

Crap.

BigDun

Beefy

I have tickets to see it tomorrow morning but I really don't want to deal with the crowds.

Alice

Quote from: Beef on May 20, 2005, 10:29:53 AM
I have tickets to see it tomorrow morning but I really don't want to deal with the crowds.

Its worth it. 

Youphoric

Tomorrow.

Seeing it tomorrow.

Alice, I hope he is cute.

Alice

Youphoric

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 20, 2005, 10:38:52 AM
Quote from: Youphoric on May 20, 2005, 10:33:46 AM
Alice, I hope he is cute.

Hayden, Beef, Ewan or other?
Efram Higham.

And Hayden.  And I HOPE TO GOD his acting isn't as sucky.

Alice

Bishamonten

Watched it.  My thoughts here to avoid Spoilers for others.

LJ

Beefy

Um, I wasn't expecting that.

Holy hell, George.

I cried three times.  I thought the people that have been saying that were empty hype.

ignom

Quote from: Beefy on May 21, 2005, 03:27:02 PM
I thought the people that have been saying that were empty hype.

WTF?

I hate people that are empty hype.

Alice

Holy hell, George.

I cried three times.  I thought the people that have been saying that were empty hype.

I told you it was great.  ;D

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 21, 2005, 06:23:25 PM

Holy hell, George.

I'm going again Monday or Tuesday night.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on May 21, 2005, 07:18:05 PM

Holy hell, George.

Can I come with?

eo000

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 21, 2005, 11:12:47 PMnice jessie.
Quote from: Beefy on May 21, 2005, 07:18:05 PM

Holy hell, George.

Can I come with?

Youphoric

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 19, 2005, 11:59:08 AM

That wasn't a trailer on ours.

We just got Narnia, Mr. & Mrs Smith, Fantastic 4, and i think that was it.

Youphoric

And I reeeeaaalllly liked it.  Wasn't a fan of the "15 endings" but I guess they had to tie up some loose ends.

Alice, Hayden was worth it.  He was so much easier to watchi in this one.

meredith

Quote from: Youphoric on May 22, 2005, 10:44:45 AM

I got all of the above... and some stupid crap they play instead of the usual slides before the showtime.

Quote from: Youphoric on May 22, 2005, 10:46:40 AM
Alice, Hayden was worth it. He was so much easier to watchi in this one.

Yeah, he was looking real hot there near the end.  Oh! I made a funny!  ;)

Beefy

Quote from: Youphoric on May 22, 2005, 10:44:45 AM

We also got The Island trailer.

Alice

ignom

I was hoping for the Simpsons, but whatever the second movie is called, that's what's on. Ewan McGregor is fighting Boba Fett's dad or something like that.

Beefy

A girl at the grocery store had her hair in Leia buns.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2005, 07:17:36 PM

Did you ask for her number?

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 22, 2005, 07:27:44 PM

If she'd been ten years older I would have.

Beefy

Oh, and stupid AOTC is pre-empting Family Guy tonight.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2005, 07:28:18 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 22, 2005, 07:27:44 PM

If she'd been ten years older I would have.

Oh, by girl you meant girl. 

Youphoric

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2005, 07:28:39 PM
Oh, and stupid AOTC is pre-empting Family Guy tonight.
Totally annoyed at that one

OBB

Hey, I have a question...

If being a Jedi is a genetic thing, and Jedis aren't allowed to breed, how do they hope to renew the supply of Jedis? It'd be like if all redheads joined a celibate monastic martial order. Eventually, there'd be no more naturally occurring redheads.

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on May 25, 2005, 10:33:29 AM

If being a Jedi is a genetic thing, and Jedis aren't allowed to breed, how do they hope to renew the supply of Jedis? It'd be like if all redheads joined a celibate monastic martial order. Eventually, there'd be no more naturally occurring redheads.

It would seem that while it is genetic( Anakin -> Luke/Leia -> Leias children, etc ) its also a seemingly random sensitivity to the force.  IIRC, the novels include having luke's children( with Mara Jade ) and Leia's children.

Jessie

Why even imagine such a horrible thing?

OBB

Quote from: Jessie on May 25, 2005, 10:53:55 AM

Why even imagine such a horrible thing?

Because of it's sheer impossibility! We all know you're too pretty to join a celibate monastic martial order.  ;)

VikingJuice

One part of the storyline I'm not particularly keen on has Jedi being "created" by the force itself, aka Anakin's lack of an actual father.  Some people credit this to the Emporer as having using the force to "create" in Shmi Skywalker a child where there was none before.  I think it's kind of silly but then again, Yoda as a bad-ass is stretching a bit too and for the most part, I accept that too.

Size matters not.

Beefy

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 26, 2005, 12:38:38 PM
Quote from: Youphoric on May 26, 2005, 12:37:59 PM
Quote from: Beefy on May 26, 2005, 12:35:53 PM
Quote from: vikingjuice on May 26, 2005, 12:34:00 PM
Size matters not.

They lie.
Not all, sir loin.  Not all.
It's not the size of the force, it's how you use it.

Only sometimes.  Some of your kind actually ponied up with some honesty on this matter once.  I think she was shot shortly thereafter.

OBB

One part of the storyline I'm not particularly keen on has Jedi being "created" by the force itself, aka Anakin's lack of an actual father.  Some people credit this to the Emporer as having using the force to "create" in Shmi Skywalker a child where there was none before.  I think it's kind of silly but then again, Yoda as a bad-ass is stretching a bit too and for the most part, I accept that too.

Size matters not.

I think the Yoda as a badass thing stems from those 80 year-old Kendo masters in Japan. The guys are all old and crinkly, and use canes to walk up to the arena, then they go like BAM!!! and beat the ass of some young guy (in Kendo), then they walk away all slow and shit.

Youphoric

Quote from: Beefy on May 26, 2005, 12:39:27 PM
Size matters not.

They lie.

Only sometimes.  Some of your kind actually ponied up with some honesty on this matter once.  I think she was shot shortly thereafter.
I gave my honesty.

I DON'T LIKE BIG DICKS.

Jeez

cnamon

Size matters not.

They lie.

Alice is totally right.  It's all in the hips.

Alice

Quote from: cnamon on May 26, 2005, 12:41:59 PM
Size matters not.

They lie.

Alice is totally right.  It's all in the hips.
Yeah, the girl that came out and said it mattered - obviously never had a guy do it right. 

Beefy

Youphoric

Youphoric

VikingJuice

OBB

Hey, I just thought of something:

Yoda: Do, or do not. There is no try.

AND

Obi-Wan: Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

INHERENT CONTRADICTION!

Alice

Quote from: OBB on May 26, 2005, 02:23:50 PM

AND

INHERENT CONTRADICTION!

Luke was a whiney little bitch.  Yoda wasn't really telling him not to just try.  He was telling him to stop whining like a little girl and just do it.  It was more of a "Man up Nancy" statement than a declaration of an absolute.

OBB

But I was gonna go to Tachee station to pick up some power converters...

VikingJuice

AND

INHERENT CONTRADICTION!

I thought of that exact thing when I heard that line in the movie.

Beefy

Quote from: vikingjuice on May 27, 2005, 08:46:19 AM

AND

INHERENT CONTRADICTION!

Shouldn't you be sleeping in right now?

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on May 27, 2005, 08:51:21 AM
Quote from: vikingjuice on May 27, 2005, 08:46:19 AM

AND

INHERENT CONTRADICTION!

Shouldn't you be sleeping in right now?

I'm still at work, final checkouts and such.  They let us leave at a normal time yesterday so we had to come in for a 1/2 day today.  It'll probably be more like 1/3 instead.

Then I'm off for about a week and have a summer school lesson planning session next Thursday and then it starts the Monday after.  My summer is cut in half but I'll pick up some extra cash and will hopefully get a new computer to replace the fossil that currently impersonates a real computer at my house.

VikingJuice

Quote from: cnamon on May 27, 2005, 09:21:23 AM

Avoid doing driver's ed.

I will but the hot surf chick....Mmmmm.  She's really yummy in that body glove half suit!! 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Beefy

Saw it again today.

Ewan and Hayden deserve more credit than they're getting.  They are both much, much better in their roles this time, especially since Lucas still can't write dialogue to save his life.  Which is sad, since Portman simply flounders.  She's so bad, and while part of that has to be her fault, it's also because she is given nothing to work with.  Her character, and her character's fate, make no sense whatsoever.

Wookies are awesome.

I still teared up three times, which I didn't think would happen again.  When Obi Wan screams at the end "You were my brother!" with tears in his eyes I believed it.

I also caught the Millenium Falcon this time.  It wasn't that hard to spot.

ignom

This movie is boring the hell out of me.

It looks like a cartoon with humans digitally inserted.

The acting is horrid and the fighting seems to be in slow motion.

ReBurn

I sat and watched the Yoda rap over and over and over and over again.  My kids love it.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Listener on November 11, 2005, 09:00:24 PM
http://ter.air0day.com/?script=revengeofthesith

Awesomeness.
I haven't seen the movie, but it reminded me of my description of the "these aren't the droids you're looking for scene" so long ago for maybe Youphoric's benefit?