News:

"I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not." --Lucille Ball

Main Menu

dishwasher repair question

Started by Dry then Catch, April 07, 2008, 01:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry then Catch

So my dishwasher is all mucked up.  It doesn't clean very well. Before I call Sears like a little baby-woman I attempted to repair in the only way I knew how.  Unscrewing and pulling apart things (I made certain every action I took was reversible).

I noticed under the spinny spigot thing there is water.  Underneath the drain there seems to also be quite a bit of water.  Does that mean its clogged?  Is water supposed to be there? 

grace can't you fix  my dishwasher with your powers across the country simply by thinking it?

Gamplayerx

My uncle does or used to do dishwasher repairs in Tuscon. 

Helpful, right?

Dry then Catch

actually yes.  does he work for sears?  Could someone stick their head in the dishwasher and check this out for me later?

dazie

The dishwasher here at my work has that problem too- water left in the bottom after the cycle is through.  There's a button though, that if you poke it, it empties that water.  (It's on the front panel with all the other buttons)  Does yours have that?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

My dishwasher is a piece of shit, too.

That doesn't help you any, but I know what you're going through.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 07, 2008, 01:36:46 PM
actually yes.  does he work for sears?  Could someone stick their head in the dishwasher and check this out for me later?
No.  He owns or used to own a company.  I think they also fixed air conditioners and clothes washers and those swamp thingies.  We're not very close.  He's a lot younger than my dad.

Did you try throwing a quarter at it?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: dazie on April 07, 2008, 02:09:07 PM
The dishwasher here at my work has that problem too- water left in the bottom after the cycle is through.  There's a button though, that if you poke it, it empties that water.  (It's on the front panel with all the other buttons)  Does yours have that?

So I guess water at the bottom ain't normal?  That was the crux of my question. 

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

grace

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 07, 2008, 01:03:48 PM
So my dishwasher is all mucked up.  It doesn't clean very well. Before I call Sears like a little baby-woman I attempted to repair in the only way I knew how.  Unscrewing and pulling apart things (I made certain every action I took was reversible).

I noticed under the spinny spigot thing there is water.  Underneath the drain there seems to also be quite a bit of water.  Does that mean its clogged?  Is water supposed to be there? 

grace can't you fix  my dishwasher with your powers across the country simply by thinking it?

not so much.....you probably use it as a garbage disposal too ???  in that case, buy a used one and hope the previous owner didn't do the same. 

Dry then Catch

Quote from: grace on April 07, 2008, 04:39:20 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 07, 2008, 01:03:48 PM

not so much.....you probably use it as a garbage disposal too ???  in that case, buy a used one and hope the previous owner didn't do the same. 

No I don't put trash in my dishwasher if thats what you mean?  Either way good idea they are connected so, tonight I'm going to check the line between dishwasher and disposal under sink.

ReBurn

Nowadays it's usually just cheaper go buy a new one than it is to fix the broken one.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

grace

Quote from: ReBurn on April 07, 2008, 08:20:21 PM
Nowadays it's usually just cheaper go buy a new one than it is to fix the broken one.

yup, you can buy a new one for about $100, sometimes less.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: grace on April 08, 2008, 08:17:56 PM

get out of here, where is that

Infobahn

I don't know about $100, but I have seen new ones for $230.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Infobahn on April 08, 2008, 11:40:43 PM
I don't know about $100, but I have seen new ones for $230.

that appears to be more consistent with what I was thinking.  Regardless, it works I just used some Liquid Plumber (the type that won't degrade rubber)

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 07, 2008, 01:36:46 PM

I stuck my head in my dishwasher for you and learned nothing aside from the fact that it doesn't fit very well.

grace

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 08, 2008, 11:22:50 PM
Quote from: grace on April 08, 2008, 08:17:56 PM

get out of here, where is that

Habitat ReStores....i have 4 new GE dishwashers donated by local appliance dealers. no bells and whistles, but i'm selling them for $95.00 + 6.5% sales tax here.