News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

The Station Agent

Started by Dry then Catch, April 26, 2005, 11:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry then Catch

An indie film starring a midget.  No its not meant for humor or crass shock value.  The issue of being a dwarf is stated but not the main issue of the film. 

Anyway, a middle aged little person with a hobby and a passion for trains inherits a "house" that used to be an agent house after his only friend and mentor dies.  He wishes only to be left alone, if not for a few neighbors anxious for friendship.

Its a touching comedy-drama that underscores the isolation and bitterness at the world we may all feel at times.  The main character has no high pitched voice nor is he full of righteous indignation really.  He has a somber, sarcastic and dignified view but you can slowly see him melt away.  The complexities between him and the two others (and the unspoken largely conjectural relationship between the two other friends) is rich and realistic.

The humor is relatively dry and the pacing sort of slow at tiems, but at 88 minutes its not going to drain your attention

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0340377/

dazie

I've wanted to see that one for a while.  I've heard good things about it.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ignom

It was still in my netflix queue when I cancelled it.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.