News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

And the leader of G.I. Joe is... a Wayans brother

Started by Beefy, January 07, 2008, 10:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ursus

Quote from: Beefy on January 07, 2008, 10:01:01 AM
http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13183

You know, the whole idea of making the film is rather absurd so whatever.
I was going to go with, "You know what GI Joe says..."
I was just wondering...

Beefy

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on March 21, 2008, 06:37:53 AM
Okay, so Snake Eyes at least looks right.

Linked for bigginess.

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2008/Snake_Eyes_large.jpg

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were my favorites as a kid.  I still have them both and Snake Eyes is in great shape with most of his original weaponry.

DownSouth

Quote from: VikingJuice on March 21, 2008, 11:38:37 AM

Linked for bigginess.

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were my favorites as a kid.  I still have them both and Snake Eyes is in great shape with most of his original weaponry.
We all know were she-ra is.  Itchy itchy what?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

VikingJuice

Quote from: DownSouth on March 24, 2008, 02:33:54 AM
Quote from: VikingJuice on March 21, 2008, 11:38:37 AM

Linked for bigginess.

We all know were she-ra is.  Itchy itchy what?

Yeah, never did the whole Castle Greyskull thing.  It was a little to immature for me at the time that it came out.  i was also too old for Inspector Gadget.  By the time those things were out, it was just silly.  GI Joe was still acceptable because it was "serious" war stuff.

Alice

Jessie

VikingJuice

I was about 13 when Gadget hit town, by then, I was past that sort of cartoon.  It was aimed at much younger kids.  And no, I'm not 40 yet so piss off!

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on March 24, 2008, 05:48:56 PM
I was about 13 when Gadget hit town, by then, I was past that sort of cartoon.  It was aimed at much younger kids.  And no, I'm not 40 yet so piss off!
Okay, 38 then.  I really had no idea you were that age.

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on March 27, 2008, 07:37:32 AM
Quote from: VikingJuice on March 24, 2008, 05:48:56 PM
Okay, 38 then.  I really had no idea you were that age.
I think she just called you old.

DownSouth

Beefy

links are being yanked like mad

http://www.movieweb.com/gallery/PGvmvzAwigeayy/2G44g42i50opo79

you're not supposed to be able to see snake eyes mouth!  wtf?!

ReBurn

I would die if I had that over my face. Everyone else might appreciate it, but it would drive me insane.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

swolt

Quote from: ReBurn on April 19, 2008, 09:07:39 AM
I would die if I had that over my face. Everyone else might appreciate it, but it would drive me insane.

ReBurn Ninja: fail
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Alice

VikingJuice

I haven't seen a shinier piece of shit in a really long time.  They took a turd, polished the hell out of it with pretty CG shots, but still got a turd.  The biggest albatross weighing down this film aside from a ridiculous plot borrowed from <<insert dumb spy movie plot here>> was the horrible, atrocious, mind numbingly stupid movie physics.

The cartoon version followed the physical laws of the known universe more accurately by several magnitudes of order.

There were lots of cameos appearances, each of whom should be embarrassed for participating in such a lump of crap film.  Certain parts felt like they were written by a ten year old, and I don't mean that euphemistically, I mean an actual ten year old.  Even if you're dying to see this, which I doubt you are, wait for the DVD and then only as a rental.

Alice

On the plus side, this movie has me wondering what exactly "written by a ten year old" could be a euphemism for.

ReBurn

I'm surprised by how few screens it's playing on here. I haven't seen it yet, but I will.

I wonder if 2012 will be any good?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on August 11, 2009, 09:42:11 PM
I'm surprised by how few screens it's playing on here. I haven't seen it yet, but I will.

I hear it's a real downer.

Bishamonten

Quote from: VikingJuice on August 12, 2009, 12:23:14 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on August 11, 2009, 09:42:11 PM

I hear it's a real downer.

I can only assume that, given the width and breadth of Roland Emmerich's direction, the strongest emotion will be, "I paid 12 bucks for this piece of shit?"

eo000

Saw G.I. Joe today, and thought it was a really fun movie. Don't go in expecting an adult movie for a kid's toy, though.