News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2

Started by OBB, March 08, 2005, 08:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBB

Any person who has a video game console or a modern PC who claims to be a Star Wars fan OWES it to themselves to get either this game or the first one. They honestly have better story lines than the either of the two Prequels, and they are great great fun!

ignom

My favorite Star Wars game i ever played was the one for the Sega Gamegear that was based on the first movie.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

OBB

Quote from: ignom on March 08, 2005, 08:58:52 PM
My favorite Star Wars game i ever played was the one for the Sega Gamegear that was based on the first movie.

That game probably isn't even capable of eating the feces of Knights of the Old Republic 1 or 2

ReBurn

KOTOR I is my favorite.  But I liked Jedi Outcast AND Jedi Academy, too.  Based on that information you might not want to take my word for it.

In another life I want to come back as Kyle Katarn.  Or maybe his twin brother Lyle.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

I'm only capable of playing games where all you need to use is the mouse. 

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

That would be so cool!  You could be a flesh colored dot followed by two other flesh colored dots and you could fight some other colored dots and stuff!  That would be so cool!

OBB

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 09, 2005, 07:50:40 AM

You can pretty much do everything in this game with just the mouse, except for move. And you could probably remap the the mouse so that you could move with the right mouse button.

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on March 09, 2005, 09:21:26 AM

You can pretty much do everything in this game with just the mouse, except for move. And you could probably remap the the mouse so that you could move with the right mouse button.

You can move with the mouse in KOTOR 2.  Hold down the right mouse button and then press the left mouse button to walk.  Alter direction to change walking direction.

ReBurn

Quote from: Bishamonten on March 09, 2005, 10:26:12 AM

You can move with the mouse in KOTOR 2.  Hold down the right mouse button and then press the left mouse button to walk.  Alter direction to change walking direction.
This is why I have an Xbox.  Keyboard controls and mouse movement takes too much coordination.

BigDun

Quote from: ReBurninator on March 09, 2005, 10:33:21 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on March 09, 2005, 10:26:12 AM

This is why I have an Xbox.  Keyboard controls and mouse movement takes too much coordination.
I bought a little box that allows me to use my keyboard and mouse with my XBox because I can't use the damn controller.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ReBurn

Quote from: BigDun on March 09, 2005, 10:37:29 AM
I bought a little box that allows me to use my keyboard and mouse with my XBox because I can't use the damn controller.
You're kidding, right?

Bishamonten

Quote from: ReBurninator on March 09, 2005, 10:38:16 AM
You're kidding, right?
Given that the XBox controller is about as large as your average bear, this doesn't seem unreasonable

Jessie

Quote from: Bishamonten on March 09, 2005, 10:45:53 AM
You're kidding, right?
Given that the XBox controller is about as large as your average bear, this doesn't seem unreasonable

But is it smarter?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bishamonten

ReBurn

Quote from: Bishamonten on March 09, 2005, 10:45:53 AM
You're kidding, right?
I think that the controller s fits rather snugly into my large, manly hands.

Beefy

I don't like the Xbox controller, either.

BigDun

You're kidding, right?
I was playing first person shooters with the mouse and keyboard before there was such a thing as console shooters. Controllers on consoles are poor substitutes for the accuracy of keyboard/mouse FPS action.

ReBurn

Quote from: BigDun on March 10, 2005, 01:32:43 AM
You're kidding, right?
I was playing first person shooters with the mouse and keyboard before there was such a thing as console shooters. Controllers on consoles are poor substitutes for the accuracy of keyboard/mouse FPS action.
Oh, I see.  If I didn't suck at FPS games I would have understood.

OBB

You're kidding, right?

I totally agree. I mean, just compare accuracy of little thumb joystick vs. accuracy of your whole hand moving a mouse. There's NO comparison.

BigDun

Is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 a first person shooter?

ReBurn

Quote from: OBB on March 10, 2005, 08:44:15 AM
You're kidding, right?

I totally agree. I mean, just compare accuracy of little thumb joystick vs. accuracy of your whole hand moving a mouse. There's NO comparison.
Don't incur the wrath of my dual analog thumbsticks.

ReBurn

Quote from: BigDun on March 10, 2005, 08:45:11 AM
Is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 a first person shooter?
The KOTOR games are more RPG than action.  It is kind of a free-roaming quest and the battles are done on a turn-based system like most RPG's.  I wish I could ignite my lightsaber and maim or kill random planetary denizens, but alas, there is no such satisfaction for me.

mike

Hey, this is out for PC now, isn't it?

Maybe I should go pick it up. Loved the first one.

Bishamonten

Quote from: mike on April 27, 2005, 11:25:34 AM
Hey, this is out for PC now, isn't it?

Maybe I should go pick it up. Loved the first one.
f

Yup.  It's pretty good, though personally, the first one has the better story while the second one has the better game play.  Also, as I've heard, they chopped the ending.  Someone uncovered the data for what the ending was supposed to be like( the digital script basically ) and it sounds fucking awesome.  However, I believe they were rushing to go Gold so they chopped up the ending and just released.