News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

mmmmmm... stew

Started by manosax, October 30, 2007, 04:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manosax

I made a big pot of stew and I've been emjoying it for the past couple of days... mmmmmmm

Beefy

I can't eat stew.  If I'm anywhere near it, I get nauseous.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on October 30, 2007, 05:31:36 PM
I can't eat stew.  If I'm anywhere near it, I get nauseous.
All stews?  Or just stews made like this?
QuoteHerodotus says that the Scythians (8th to 4th centuries BC) "put the flesh into an animal's paunch, mix water with it, and boil it like that over the bone fire. The bones burn very well, and the paunch easily contains all the meat once it has been stripped off. In this way an ox, or any other sacrificial beast, is ingeniously made to boil itself."

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

Dunno.

How about Breakin' 2: Electric boogaloo.

Gamplayerx

Wikipedia assures me that all Kentuckians are all about burgoo a/k/a 2"x4" stew.

Jessie

manosax

This stew was actually made very much like beef stew, but I used pork shoulder.  The finished dish was a bit thin, so I thickened it with arrowroot and reseasoned it when I reheated it... mmmmmmm

Gamplayerx

Quote from: manosax on October 30, 2007, 08:25:18 PM
This stew was actually made very much like beef stew, but I used pork shoulder.  The finished dish was a bit thin, so I thickened it with arrowroot and reseasoned it when I reheated it... mmmmmmm
Okay.  It was more appetizing when you just said stew and left out the shoulder and arrowroot and thin and pork mentions.

manosax

You don't cook much, do you....

Jessie

Quote from: manosax on October 31, 2007, 12:24:24 AM
You don't cook much, do you....
You're still learning, I see.

Gamplayerx

I once bought Dinty Moore Beef Stew - had to because they bastardized the inka dinka doo song for their commercial and it took over my mind and brainwashed me and compelled me to buy it - and it had a nasty grizzley bit in it, so I threw it away.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 31, 2007, 09:39:17 AM
I once bought Dinty Moore Beef Stew - had to because they bastardized the inka dinka doo song for their commercial and it took over my mind and brainwashed me and compelled me to buy it - and it had a nasty grizzley bit in it, so I threw it away.
They put bear in their stew?!?!?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on October 31, 2007, 10:08:06 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 31, 2007, 09:39:17 AM
They put bear in their stew?!?!?
Yes. 

Also, I couldn't be bothered to figure out how to spell gristly while I was posting that.

Beefy

"Who drive car? Oh no bear drive car!"

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on October 31, 2007, 10:13:58 AM
Who/what are you quoting?  Is it funny?

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 31, 2007, 10:17:28 AM
Quote from: Beefy on October 31, 2007, 10:13:58 AM
Who/what are you quoting?  Is it funny?

Animated Engrish Tom Cruise.  In context, yes it is.

Alice