News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

Inspired by Jessie and Dazie

Started by Gamplayerx, October 28, 2007, 07:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapphirehart

this thread inspired me to get my sewing machine repaired....now if I only knew how to sew.

dazie

I just got a sewing machine for free off the local "freecycle" site.  It's one of those old black ones in it's own cabinet.

I hope it works.  *lol*  The light comes on when you plug it in!

It's a "Necchi" brand, and it has knobs and slidey things on it that I've not seen before, so I'm going to see if I can find a user's manual.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

I finished the dress part, except for the hem.  It's really ugly.  I keep meaning to take pictures of it and then change it.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 14, 2007, 09:04:58 AM
I finished the dress part, except for the hem.  It's really ugly.  I keep meaning to take pictures of it and then change it.

Try fabric instead of flesh.  Doesn't shrink as much.

dazie

Kate and I made a "recycled" skirt for her today- took a pair of jeans that still fit but had holes in the knees and a dress that didn't fit but still had a good skirt and combined them.  We cut the legs off the jeans and the top off the dress, tossed those and sewed the skirt to what was left of the jeans.  The skirt was then long enough again, and the jeans still had their fancy pockets and look much nicer than they did this morning!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

sapphirehart

Quote from: dazie on November 17, 2007, 03:59:11 PM
Kate and I made a "recycled" skirt for her today- took a pair of jeans that still fit but had holes in the knees and a dress that didn't fit but still had a good skirt and combined them.  We cut the legs off the jeans and the top off the dress, tossed those and sewed the skirt to what was left of the jeans.  The skirt was then long enough again, and the jeans still had their fancy pockets and look much nicer than they did this morning!

that sounds awesome...pics please!