News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

I want to make this

Started by dazie, October 28, 2007, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Will someone cut up the chicken for me?  (can't stand cutting raw chicken.  Yuck)

CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA

Chicken    1 lb
Ginger paste    2 tbsp
Garlic paste    2 tbsp
Turmeric powder    1/4 tsp
Chili powder    1 tsp
Yogurt    1/2 cup
Salt    
Oil    

* Take a bowl and add ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, yogurt, salt and oil mix it well.

* Wash and clean the chicken, and then cut into pieces and let it to marinate with the mix for about an hour.

* After the chicken is marinated, Pre heat the oven to 300 F and bake them well for about 40 min.

For the Gravy
Onion    1
Tomato puree    1/2 cup
Ginger paste    1 tsp
Garlic paste    1 tsp
Coriander powder    2 tsp
Garam masala    2 tsp (curry powder)
Coriander leaves    
Salt    
Oil    

* Heat oil in a pan, fry onions till they turn golden brown.

* Add ginger & garlic paste and let them fry till the oil separates, then add coriander powder, garam masala to it, and then add the tomato puree.

* Add salt to taste and then add little warm water and let the gravy to come to boil.

* Then add the cooked chicken pieces, and let the gravy come to a boil after adding the chicken pieces.

* Remove the heat and add coriander leaves on the top.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

dazie

This looks good too:

Allu Gobi from Swayamprava's kitchen

1 Cauliflower
2-3 medium size potatoes
1 small capsicum
½ small cup green peas (Optional)
A pinch of Kashuri methi (Optional)
1 Tomato (Puree)
½ teaspoon ginger paste
1 ½ teaspoon garlic paste
5-6 teaspoon onion paste
Jeera (Cumin) powder ½ teaspoon
Dhania (Corriander) powder ½ teaspoon
Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
1 stick of dalchini cinnamon
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon powder of big and small elaichi (cardamom)
1 bay leaf
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
Termeric powder 1 teaspoon

Cut the cauliflowers into medium size florets.Cut the potatos into medium size cubes .cut the capcicum into thre four pieces.Puree the tomato and keep aside.

In a deep frying pan or kadai add oil. Add the cut vegetables and fry in high heat without salt or turmeric. Wait till it started glazing on top. Fry till it becomes partially (25%)golden brown. Remove add little more oil into the pan.Add Kashuri methi. Add dhania, Jeera powder into it. Add ginger, garlic and then onion paste into it. Fry till the masala leaves oil.Add the tomato puree fry till all the moisture gets absorbed. Add the fried vegetables. Add salt and turmeric powder. Fry a bit . Put the lid and leave stirring occasionally to avoid burning from the buttom. Keep it like that till all the vegetables go tender. Add water as per your taste.Add Garm masala and the Cinnamon and cardamom powder .Add the bay leaf.Add the sugar. Put the lid to bring into a boil. Then simmer for 10-15 min.

Serve hot garnishing with fresh chopped coriander leaves.

dazie

mmm- how did that indian food link get at the top of the page?  I'm VERY EXCITED.

manosax

Trader Joe's has some really cool indian simmer sauces.  Its not quite the same as the real stuff but its mostly done. 

BigDun

Check your local supermarket for MTR brand "Ready to eat" Indian foods. We have tried a dozen different types and they are all excellent.

Linked for biggyness: http://www.indojin.com/shop-online/catalog/images/mtr-palakpaneer.jpg
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

BigDun

No, just vacuum sealed in a metallic pouch. Just dump it in a microwave safe bowl and nuke it for a few minutes. I usually put a piece of nann over the bowl to warm at the same time.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt