News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Where the hell is that Vick thread?

Started by Jessie, July 26, 2007, 03:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grace

Quote from: dazie on January 27, 2008, 07:38:08 PM
Me or Vick?

;)

they should hang him...some of those dogs may never become socialized. Pits are awesome dogs, rotties too.

grace

what a face.

[attachment deleted by admin]

VikingJuice

Quote from: grace on January 27, 2008, 07:49:34 PM
Quote from: dazie on January 27, 2008, 07:38:08 PM
Me or Vick?

;)

they should hang him...some of those dogs may never become socialized. Pits are awesome dogs, rotties too.

I always thought Rottweilers were just naturally aggressive because that was all I'd seen growing up out in the country as a youngster but this summer TOTALLY changed my perceptions of them.  My aunt in California has a Rottweiler and a Doberman (which I also mistakenly thought was very aggressive) and these two dogs, while big and VERY imposing, were the most playful, sweet, attention-whoring dogs I'd seen in a very long time.  Sure they'd growl when they'd here strange noises or things startled them, but aside from that, they were playful and loving.  The Rottweiler took a special liking to me and would wake me up with nasty sloppy dog kisses each morning.  It was gross but I appreciated the affection from what I would normally think of as a huge violent beast.

I don't know that I'd have them around small children, mostly just because small children are a potential target for any animal larger than them but around adults or kids 80 lbs or larger I think would be just fine.  They're just like any other well loved dog would be.

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 27, 2008, 10:07:52 PM
The Rottweiler took a special liking to me and would wake me up with nasty sloppy dog kisses each morning.  It was gross but I appreciated the affection from what I would normally think of as a huge violent beast.

I don't know that I'd have them around small children, mostly just because small children are a potential target for any animal larger than them but around adults or kids 80 lbs or larger I think would be just fine.  They're just like any other well loved dog would be.

Yay!  I'm glad you got to have a good experience with a Rott.  They really can be such loving, affectionate dogs. 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 27, 2008, 10:11:44 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on January 27, 2008, 10:07:52 PM
The Rottweiler took a special liking to me and would wake me up with nasty sloppy dog kisses each morning.  It was gross but I appreciated the affection from what I would normally think of as a huge violent beast.

Yay!  I'm glad you got to have a good experience with a Rott.  They really can be such loving, affectionate dogs. 

She even liked to wrestle but her teeth were WAY to sharp and powerful to make that a regular family activity.  She could easily break skin without trying to just because of her size.

Jessie

I love Rottweilers.  They are smart and sweet dogs, if they're cared for properly.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

grace

Quote from: Jessie on January 28, 2008, 06:18:16 PM
I love Rottweilers.  They are smart and sweet dogs, if they're cared for properly.

a friend in my neighborhood breeds them, they are adorable pups !!!
my dogs slobber, but rotties REALLY slobber. i was feeding one pieces of bread, trying to teach him to sit, my sandals were covered in strings of slimy drool....

VikingJuice

Quote from: grace on January 28, 2008, 06:36:20 PM

my dogs slobber, but rotties REALLY slobber. i was feeding one pieces of bread, trying to teach him to sit, my sandals were covered in strings of slimy drool....

Basset hounds are bad about that too.  They're like slime factories.

grace

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 28, 2008, 07:12:27 PM

bassets stink too ....big time dog body odor.

VikingJuice

Quote from: grace on January 28, 2008, 07:51:47 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on January 28, 2008, 07:12:27 PM

bassets stink too ....big time dog body odor.

My nose is so sensitive to stink that most dogs trigger that response from me.  I loathe the times when I walk into someone's house and instantly smell that they have a dog.  I had a neighbor when I was really young who had a place like that.  The only time it didn't reek of funky  dog stink was when it reeked of nasty burned grease stink.

Jessie

When we went trick or treating this year, there was  house that smelled like dog from the instant you crossed their property line.  It was GROSS.

Alice

I worry that my house smells like that, sometimes.  I got an air purifier though - so hopefully not.  It usually just smells like a hotel for some reason.  I think it may be the carpet.  :-\

dazie

Unless it's a smoking room, I actually kind of like the way hotel rooms smell.  *grin*  Sexy.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

dazie

And he's an Eagle now.

I guess I know who I won't be rooting for this year.

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on August 14, 2009, 07:52:55 AM
And he's an Eagle now.

I guess I know who I won't be rooting for this year.

Yep.

Alice

His press conference today pissed me off.

He "made a horrible mistake".  No, you dipshit, what you did is far worse than a mistake.  Drunkenly kissing your wife's best friend once is a mistake.  Making a U-Turn in a no U-Turn lane is a mistake. 

Running, funding, breeding and executing dogs for dog fighting for 6 years is not a fucking mistake.  That is a long term, blatant decision.

You drowned dogs, hung dogs, doused them with water then electrocuted dogs, and slammed their bodies and skulls onto the ground until they were dead.  How exactly is that a mistake?  That's a sick fucking brain of a man who has some serious delusions of grandeur. 

He's not sorry he did it, he's sorry he got caught and had to pay so much in fines and repirations that he needed to declare bankruptcy.

Fuck Michael Vick.

/rant

VikingJuice

Yeah, I've had a real hard time with his whole "made a mistake" thing.  The NFL Network has been referring to his "mistake" in the same sort of 'oopsy it'll never happen again' kind of indifference.  I'm inclined to agree with Alice that it was an ongoing series of horrible choices to mistreat, torture, and kill dogs that had done nothing to deserve such treatment.  That's no mistake, that's willful abuse.

Jessie

dazie

Alice

dazie

Quote from: Alice on August 14, 2009, 01:00:34 PM
Quote from: dazie on August 14, 2009, 12:57:30 PM
Quote from: Jessie on August 14, 2009, 12:18:55 PM
Fuck Michael Vick.

Not with um, anyone's dick thanks.

With Ron Jeremy's please.

oo- even better.  John Holmes'.  He's dead.  That'd be way grosser.

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Bishamonten

I hate football and, in general, athletes.   However, he paid the recompense that was required by law. 

Still a fuckwad, though, I suppose. 

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on August 14, 2009, 11:25:16 PM
I hate football and, in general, athletes.   However, he paid the recompense that was required by law. 

Still a fuckwad, though, I suppose. 

I love football.  He did pay the recompense and I think he has every right to try and play again.  However, I think Philly is retarded for letting him come back.  Mostly because this isn't even close to the first time he's had issues with the law.