News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Stevie Wonder

Started by Jessie, July 18, 2007, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Quote from: JJ on July 20, 2007, 10:10:45 AM
Jessie takes down the bitch in the headlock...

Man, I'd pay money to see that kind of event.
I heard it was really funny to see, and my brother said, "I guess we know who the bigger bitch is."
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Jessie

I think we're attached.

Ignore how rough I look.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jessie

She started out under my blanket, snuggled in my armpit, and ended on my chest. 

She slept snuggled up against my chest, under my blankets last night, and at naptime tonight.  She's so sweet.  Butters still hates her.

Her eyes look so much better already.  She does have eyeballs after all!  They're not runny any more, but still swollen and gray.  She's not sneezing much at all now, either.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on July 20, 2007, 06:11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/wDZFf0pm0SE
I love that song so much.

I wonder if she likes sleeping near my chest because she can hear my heartbeat.  Poor motherless baby.

Jessie

With a remote, for perspective.  Hooray for drinking milk from a bowl, rather than a dropper!  Progress!

Alice

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on July 20, 2007, 06:36:51 PM
With a remote, for perspective.  Hooray for drinking milk from a bowl, rather than a dropper!  Progress!

This is going to come out completely wrong.  She looked bigger sitting on your chest.

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on July 20, 2007, 07:58:28 PM

This is going to come out completely wrong.  She looked bigger sitting on your chest.

hahahaha I'm not surprised.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on July 20, 2007, 08:05:30 PM
Quote from: dazie on July 20, 2007, 07:58:28 PM

hahahaha I'm not surprised.

;)   :-*

Gamplayerx

She looks like she's going to be sleek and sinewy. I bet she'll be an awesome cat.

Pong, who is now sleek and sinewy, slept on me as a kitten, now he stops by to say hi and then he's off and running at full speed until he wears himself out.  And crashes in one of the cat beds.

Jessie

I'm taking her back to the vet today.

The swelling of the tissue around her eyes is better, but her really bad eye has this like, growth on the eyeball.  It looks like a cataract with pus behind it.  Well, it did, until she fell off the chair and popped it.  Now it's all deformed and dried up looking.  She can't shut her eye over it :( 

I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a one eyed cat, and the one eye that works is still all gray and cloudy looking.  She can definitely see a little bit, though.

My poor little kitty :(

Jessie

Well, looks like I'm gonna have Stevie "The One Eyed" Wonder.  Not for a couple more months though.  Whenever we spay her, the eye has to go, too.  Until then, she's just going to be really really weird looking.  I'll try and get a picture of the eye so you can see what I mean.

The vet only charged me $10 and gave me free eye cream today, so that was good.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

You can kinda see how her eye is growing out of her head here.

dazie

Wow.  Zombie cat.

:zombie:  :cat:

Jessie

What you can't tell is that that zombie eye is sticking out about 1/4 inch or so.  It's so freaky looking.  I guess I'd better get used to it, because it's going to be that way for a while.

Alice

Oh, you can tell it's sticking out.  Poor thing.

Jessie

Man, this cat is hard to take pictures of with a camera phone.  She's so dark, the lighting has to be just right.

The other night, the scab fell off of her zombie eye, and it drained some.  This is good news, because now she can close it again, and seems much more comfortable.  I'm pretty sure the sight's mostly gone from her "good" eye now, though. 

I think she can tell if you wave your hand in front of her and stuff, because she notices the change in the light, but she can't see if you wiggle your finger, or something small, in front of her face.

This picture kind of shows how small she is.

Jessie

She looks kind of pitiful, but she seems pretty content now.  She woke me up at 5:30 this morning attacking my face and licking my lips. 

She sleeps all night with me every night.  She's super sweet and I kind of love her.

So has anyone had a blind pet before?  I'm having a hard time litter training her.  She doesn't go anywhere else (that I know of), but she holds it (I think) til I put her in the litter box.  I guess she just can't find it.  I wonder if this'll get better as she gets bigger.

Oh, and Butters is so jealous that her fat ass keeps using the litter box I've made for Stevie.  It's just a plastic bowl, about 9" in diameter, but she squeezes her giant self in there to pee, just to prove she can, I guess.  It's pretty funny to watch.

Jessie

When I checked her out at lunch, I could almost swear the growth on her eye is shrinking.  Maybe she'll get lucky and just be blind, but keep her eyes.

What a weird thing to hope for...

VikingJuice

Maybe try a bell system of some kind.  If you could install an electronic chime of some kind that goes off every few minutes or so, you could train the cat to follow the sound and put it near her litter box.  Just a thought.  For you and for any other human, I"m sure it'll be annoying but it should help the cat according to Pavlov's research.

Jessie

Hrm...That's an interesting though.  I don't know.

Alice

There's a new kind of litter, though fairly expensive, that supposedly fixes any cat that isn't litter trained.  Something about the smell of it.  I can't find it for the life of me in my email though.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on July 27, 2007, 02:48:46 PM
There's a new kind of litter, though fairly expensive, that supposedly fixes any cat that isn't litter trained.  Something about the smell of it.  I can't find it for the life of me in my email though.

YOu have kitty litter in your email?  Man, you are committed to pets.