News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Stevie Wonder

Started by Jessie, July 18, 2007, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

"Go ahead.  Just try it, Squinty."

Vet can't figure out what's wrong with Pong.  He's lost almost a pound - and not all just in fur.  ;)  She couldn't find any fleas or mites on him, but he could be eating them, but she doesn't think so since Ping has had no problems.  So, she thinks he may have a skin allergy or a food allergy.  $200 later, he got a shot, new food and frontline (just in case they're really sneaky mites).  Since then, he's not thrown up.  But I don't know which of the three things have helped.  And Ping doesn't like the new food. 

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

The new food?  It's Prescription Diet z/d low allergen.  The old food was the Purina Cat Chow Naturals and Friskies poultry pouch thingies.

dazie

Heh.  Thank you for your support.  It's folks like you who keep me employed.  :)

(Hill's Pet is my company's biggest client)

Jessie

I'm glad he's feeling better.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

BigDun

Quote from: Jessie on November 11, 2007, 06:58:03 PM
Carroll says that this one should be captioned.

I is n ur papr box...

makin beleev it is a time macheens.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on November 11, 2007, 07:46:12 PM
Heh.  Thank you for your support.  It's folks like you who keep me employed.  :)

(Hill's Pet is my company's biggest client)
It was totally the advertising that swayed me!  ;)

Jessie

I have a weird cat.  She climbs the towels on the towel rack and just hangs out up there.

It took quite a few falls before she mastered it.  That was FUN to watch.

Also, she likes to beat up on Butters.

DownSouth

Who doesnt like to beat off with butter?  Omelette's done!
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

I'm having fun taking pictures with my new camera.  95% of them are pictures of my cats.  I left work since I couldn't stop being stupid and weepy, so I've been entertaining myself.  Now you get to share in that.

Picture 1:  Finally a picture that shows the color of Stevie's eye without the glare from the scarring.  Also, you can see her face instead of just a blur because she's so dark.

Picture 2:  Bitchslap!

Picture 3:  I just like this one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jessie

Oops, picture one was incorrect.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jessie

For the first time in forever I actually got a picture that shows the real color of her eye!  See, it doesn't really glow.

Dry then Catch

its eye still grosses me out and i have a dog with a damaged eye

Jessie

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on July 21, 2008, 06:02:20 PM

still grossed out.

still have a dog with an eye that requires daily meds

on a side note, I ran over a desert toad while parking.

Jessie

I like this picture, because if you didn't know any better, you might think she's normal.

pumpkineye

Quote from: Jessie on November 09, 2008, 06:36:36 PM
I like this picture, because if you didn't know any better, you might think she's normal.

catchr will still find a way to be grossed out

Dry then Catch

Quote from: pumpkineye on November 10, 2008, 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: Jessie on November 09, 2008, 06:36:36 PM

catchr will still find a way to be grossed out

the next picture needs to be a heard turn to reveal and eaten out eye with a worm coming out

Jessie

It's only fitting that I add the end to her story where it all began. 

My house is so quiet today.

From that to this:

Goodbye, my pretty girl. 

dazie

Jessie

Don't really know.  She started breathing hard Monday night.  Took her to the vet Tuesday evening, we figured she had a respiratory infection.  Got her a shot of antibiotics and oral antibiotics to take home.  3am Wednesday, she was collapsed on the floor, foaming at the mouth, gasping for breath.  Middle of the night visit to my vet (I love my vets.  I must send them a card), and he tells me her lungs are full of fluid, but everything else looks ok on xray.  Temp of 98.  He thinks she has cancer, and probably won't make it through the night.  He kept her there for a few hours, gave her a big steriods shot and more antibiotics, waiting for the lab people to get there at 730.  Her blood work came back kind of wonky, but not directly showing anything that meant anything.  He called me and told me he was shocked she was alive when he got there, so we were hopeful that further antibiotics and steroids would bring her out of it.  Unfortunately, it didn't.  She spent the rest of the week struggling for breath, only minimally eating and drinking (sometimes I had to dropper feed her water and KMR). 

Took her back to the vet Saturday, and he said she was barely getting any air (it seemed like she was breathing easier, but she was really just breathing small shallow breaths), her temp was down to 97, and that there was no hope.  I had them put her to sleep, and she died in my arms about 9:45 Saturday morning. 

dazie

That sucks.  I'm really sorry.

Jessie

Thanks.  I'm pretty soundly fucking devastated, to tell you the truth.

dazie

It sucks to lose someone you're not ready to let go of yet. I hope those around you offer comfort, even if they don't understand.

dc

Sorry to hear that, Jessie.  They're never around as long as they deserve to be.