News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Stevie Wonder

Started by Jessie, July 18, 2007, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Monday night I rescued a kitten from the street.  I was just going to get her out of the street since she was so small, but then I noticed that both her eyes were fused shut with infection.  I brought her in and didn't realize how young she was at the time (I was in the middle of a crisis that was keeping me from focusing on much of anything).  I realized later, when she wasn't eating the food I'd moistened for her, that she's probably only 3 weeks old, if that.

My mom came over and made up some half and half with egg concoction that seems to have really perked her up.  She's playing just like any kitten would, except that she's blind right now.  Her eyes are still a mess, but after cleanng her up, and cleaning out the gunk every couple of hours, they seem to be getting better.  I'm going to try to get her stronger and treat her here for a couple more days then take her to the vet if need be.  I have a lot of shit going on right now that keeps me from doing much else, so she's kind of in hiatus.  She seems pretty happy though, and she thinks I'm her mother. 

I was going to try and take her somewhere, but the only place that would take her was the pound, and they said if I brought her there sick, they'd put her to sleep.  So now I have to nurse her back to health, and feed her with a dropper and get her strong so...I can keep her because there's no effing way I'll be able to get rid of her after this.

I'm only allowed one cat or dog so I hope to god they don't find out.  I don't know how/why they would, though.

You can see in the picture that her eye is still swollen.  I think she might be blind, but I'm not sure.  Poor kitty.  She's so sweet.

[attachment deleted by admin]
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Oh, poor baby.  I hope you continue to call her Stevie.  I think that's an adorable name for a girl cat.

VikingJuice

I have a real soft spot for baby cats and baby dogs.  They are so unbelievably cute sometimes and your little one is no exception.  How adorable!  Do you need any financial assistance taking care of her while she's ill?

Jessie

Stevie is Tyler's friend Nick's daughter's name.  That's a lot of possession in that sentence. 

I think I'll call her Wonder.  Or Stevie.  I dunno.  I just thought it was funny.

I tried to convince myself at first that I'd get rid of her, but I don't know if I can now...

Jessie

Quote from: VikingJuice on July 18, 2007, 09:22:16 PM
I have a real soft spot for baby cats and baby dogs.  They are so unbelievably cute sometimes and your little one is no exception.  How adorable!  Do you need any financial assistance taking care of her while she's ill?
I honestly don't know.  I know a place where I can have her seen for $25 but I don't know what it'll cost from there.  I think she needs antibiotics, but she seems really healthy otherwise.  She was playing and purring and running around earlier.  It's interesting watching a blind cat play. 

I've kept her quarantined from Butters for the time being, and I think she is thoroughly pissed at me for it.

dots

Awww!
I like Stevie Wonder.  Great name.

You should post video of her playing.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

Alice

You could call her Fortuna, the goddess of fate.  She's represented as blind a lot.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on July 18, 2007, 09:25:18 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on July 18, 2007, 09:22:16 PM
I honestly don't know.  I know a place where I can have her seen for $25 but I don't know what it'll cost from there.  I think she needs antibiotics, but she seems really healthy otherwise.  She was playing and purring and running around earlier.  It's interesting watching a blind cat play. 

I've kept her quarantined from Butters for the time being, and I think she is thoroughly pissed at me for it.

Let me know.

I remember back in HS my sweetheart at the time had 2 baby kittens and the white one, Gandolf, ran around all crazy like.  Her back legs always worked about twice as fast as her front ones and she wouldn literally spin-out like a car on the hard wood floors.  She'd take off running full speed and the butt would start coming around the side until the front legs lost traction and splat she'd go sliding like a frisbee for 2 or three feet.  It was so funny.

Alice

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on July 18, 2007, 09:27:45 PM
You could call her Fortuna, the goddess of fate.  She's represented as blind a lot.
You sound like Carroll.  His kittens are named Matti and Tyr.  They're gods of some sort, I guess.

Gamplayerx

I wish I could remember what the stuff was called that I had to put in Ping's eyes when we first got her.  It was a gel - available at PetSmart/PetCo, etc.  Just go to some pet store and ask for a gel for eye infections.  I don't know that it'll be the cureall, but it probably can't hurt.

She looks to be a bit older than 3 weeks to me.  Oh!  While you're at the pet store, get a tube of goo - I think it's marked for finicky eaters or something.  Basicallly, just tasty calories in a nasty looking brown paste.

Jessie

That picture makes her look bigger than she is.  Her head is probably the size of a golf ball, maybe smaller.  I'll check for that stuff at the pet store, Gamp, thanks.  She seems to be doing pretty well with whatever old farm shit my mom whipped up, but some extra calories couldn't hurt.

Jessie

After doing some research, I've determined that she has the Feline Herpes virus.  I called the vet, and they said it'll cost between $15 and $30 to treat her.  She seems totally healthy other than that, so it'll just be a matter of getting rid of fleas and ear mites, and later vaccinations, and then she'll be totally healthy.

dazie

Heh.  Jessie's pussy's got teh herps.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on July 19, 2007, 09:57:23 AM
Heh.  Jessie's pussy's got teh herps.
You act like this is news.

Dry then Catch

so how many animals away are you from being a cat lady with a rotten cooch?

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on July 19, 2007, 11:58:30 AM
so how many animals away are you from being a cat lady with a rotten cooch?

I'm just gonna paste what I told Carroll here:

Cat's fine.  She's got a respiratory infection (or virus, maybe herpes), bacterial eye infection and is otherwise ok.  She got wormed, some frontline rubbed on her (she's too young for the drops) and antibiotics and eye drops.  Total cost - $39
She's a girl, and he estimates her to be 5 weeks old (she's a small 5 weeks, probably from being a little malnourished).  She should be able to eat moist food, but the congestion has probably hindered that.
Oh, and she should get her sight back.
5-7 days and she should be fine.

Gamplayerx

You make a very fine cat lady, Jessie.  :)

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 19, 2007, 12:52:44 PM
Why thanks!

If Carroll and I ever combine households, we'll start off with four cats and two guinea pigs.

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on July 19, 2007, 12:59:05 PM
Why thanks!

If Carroll and I ever combine households, we'll start off with four cats and two guinea pigs.
And a freakin' sweet TV...
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on July 19, 2007, 01:40:59 PM
Quote from: Jessie on July 19, 2007, 12:59:05 PM
Why thanks!

And a freakin' sweet TV...
Yes, that too.

DownSouth

My parents were up to 5 dogs.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

JJ

It'd be better if her name was Stevie Nicks.

You could get her adorable little kitty cocaine balls to bat around.

Jessie

Poor kitten has a rough life.  I was at my friend's house wtih family and friends dealing with my catastrophe of a life, and I took her with me so I could feed her and give her meds.  They have a german shephard that someone let in, and decided to play with her.

I tackled that fucking dog and got her in a head lock before I even knew what I was doing.  Stevie Wonder is fine, other than being scared and having some gunk and blood knocked out of her swollen eye.

What a fucking week.

JJ

Jessie takes down the bitch in the headlock...

Man, I'd pay money to see that kind of event.

Jessie

Quote from: JJ on July 20, 2007, 10:10:45 AM
Jessie takes down the bitch in the headlock...

Man, I'd pay money to see that kind of event.
I heard it was really funny to see, and my brother said, "I guess we know who the bigger bitch is."

Jessie

I think we're attached.

Ignore how rough I look.

Jessie

She started out under my blanket, snuggled in my armpit, and ended on my chest. 

She slept snuggled up against my chest, under my blankets last night, and at naptime tonight.  She's so sweet.  Butters still hates her.

Her eyes look so much better already.  She does have eyeballs after all!  They're not runny any more, but still swollen and gray.  She's not sneezing much at all now, either.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on July 20, 2007, 06:11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/wDZFf0pm0SE
I love that song so much.

I wonder if she likes sleeping near my chest because she can hear my heartbeat.  Poor motherless baby.

Jessie

With a remote, for perspective.  Hooray for drinking milk from a bowl, rather than a dropper!  Progress!

Alice

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on July 20, 2007, 06:36:51 PM
With a remote, for perspective.  Hooray for drinking milk from a bowl, rather than a dropper!  Progress!

This is going to come out completely wrong.  She looked bigger sitting on your chest.

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on July 20, 2007, 07:58:28 PM

This is going to come out completely wrong.  She looked bigger sitting on your chest.

hahahaha I'm not surprised.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on July 20, 2007, 08:05:30 PM
Quote from: dazie on July 20, 2007, 07:58:28 PM

hahahaha I'm not surprised.

;)   :-*

Gamplayerx

She looks like she's going to be sleek and sinewy. I bet she'll be an awesome cat.

Pong, who is now sleek and sinewy, slept on me as a kitten, now he stops by to say hi and then he's off and running at full speed until he wears himself out.  And crashes in one of the cat beds.

Jessie

I'm taking her back to the vet today.

The swelling of the tissue around her eyes is better, but her really bad eye has this like, growth on the eyeball.  It looks like a cataract with pus behind it.  Well, it did, until she fell off the chair and popped it.  Now it's all deformed and dried up looking.  She can't shut her eye over it :( 

I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a one eyed cat, and the one eye that works is still all gray and cloudy looking.  She can definitely see a little bit, though.

My poor little kitty :(

Jessie

Well, looks like I'm gonna have Stevie "The One Eyed" Wonder.  Not for a couple more months though.  Whenever we spay her, the eye has to go, too.  Until then, she's just going to be really really weird looking.  I'll try and get a picture of the eye so you can see what I mean.

The vet only charged me $10 and gave me free eye cream today, so that was good.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

You can kinda see how her eye is growing out of her head here.

dazie

Wow.  Zombie cat.

:zombie:  :cat:

Jessie

What you can't tell is that that zombie eye is sticking out about 1/4 inch or so.  It's so freaky looking.  I guess I'd better get used to it, because it's going to be that way for a while.

Alice

Oh, you can tell it's sticking out.  Poor thing.

Jessie

Man, this cat is hard to take pictures of with a camera phone.  She's so dark, the lighting has to be just right.

The other night, the scab fell off of her zombie eye, and it drained some.  This is good news, because now she can close it again, and seems much more comfortable.  I'm pretty sure the sight's mostly gone from her "good" eye now, though. 

I think she can tell if you wave your hand in front of her and stuff, because she notices the change in the light, but she can't see if you wiggle your finger, or something small, in front of her face.

This picture kind of shows how small she is.

Jessie

She looks kind of pitiful, but she seems pretty content now.  She woke me up at 5:30 this morning attacking my face and licking my lips. 

She sleeps all night with me every night.  She's super sweet and I kind of love her.

So has anyone had a blind pet before?  I'm having a hard time litter training her.  She doesn't go anywhere else (that I know of), but she holds it (I think) til I put her in the litter box.  I guess she just can't find it.  I wonder if this'll get better as she gets bigger.

Oh, and Butters is so jealous that her fat ass keeps using the litter box I've made for Stevie.  It's just a plastic bowl, about 9" in diameter, but she squeezes her giant self in there to pee, just to prove she can, I guess.  It's pretty funny to watch.

Jessie

When I checked her out at lunch, I could almost swear the growth on her eye is shrinking.  Maybe she'll get lucky and just be blind, but keep her eyes.

What a weird thing to hope for...

VikingJuice

Maybe try a bell system of some kind.  If you could install an electronic chime of some kind that goes off every few minutes or so, you could train the cat to follow the sound and put it near her litter box.  Just a thought.  For you and for any other human, I"m sure it'll be annoying but it should help the cat according to Pavlov's research.

Jessie

Hrm...That's an interesting though.  I don't know.

Alice

There's a new kind of litter, though fairly expensive, that supposedly fixes any cat that isn't litter trained.  Something about the smell of it.  I can't find it for the life of me in my email though.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on July 27, 2007, 02:48:46 PM
There's a new kind of litter, though fairly expensive, that supposedly fixes any cat that isn't litter trained.  Something about the smell of it.  I can't find it for the life of me in my email though.

YOu have kitty litter in your email?  Man, you are committed to pets.

BigDun

Quote from: Mc Lovin' (VJ) on July 27, 2007, 03:23:04 PM
Quote from: Alice on July 27, 2007, 02:48:46 PM

YOu have kitty litter in your email?  Man, you are committed to pets.

And she doesn't even have a cat.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Maybe you're thinking of Cat Attract.  But it's not brand new and only slightly more expensive. 

Jessie

Finally, a picture where you can see what she looks like.

Gamplayerx

Man, those eyes are NASTY!

Jessie

The left eye is just cloudy.  The right one looks a LOT better than when it was all scabby.  She's super cute if you can see past the eyes.  I've gotten totally used to them at this point, and just think she's adorable.

It was a lot worse when they were all slimy and she still wanted to rub her face on mine.  And when she was all sneezy but wanted to snuggle under my chin.

Some people think I should have her put to sleep.  There's no way.  She's perfectly fine except for her eyes.  Why should that be a death sentence?  Bah.  I love her!

Gamplayerx

They still look slimy.

I do love little fuzzy black kittens, though.  :)

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on July 27, 2007, 06:08:25 PM

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on July 27, 2007, 07:01:52 PM
Quote from: Jessie on July 27, 2007, 06:08:25 PM

I don't get what the dog with the golf club has to do with Jessie's gooey eyed cat.

Alice

Dog???  With a golf club????  Are you mad woman???

That's Nicodemus!!!

Gamplayerx

Um, okay.  If you say so.

Jessie

How sweet is this?

This cat has saved my sanity.  I may have already said this, but if I were a religious person, I'd think her a gift from God.

dazie

She looks like that kitten in the old railroad ads.

Jessie

I have no idea what you're talking about.

dazie

The Chessie System rail line.

Jessie

Timothy got some good pictures of her today.

Gamplayerx

I really think she's going to be sleek and shiny.  The more pictures you post of her, the more I'm reminded of my two black kitties.  Both of whom - once they shed the fuzzy kitten fur - became so sleek and shiny. 

Except, of course, for the fact that Pong is still tearing out his sleek and shiny fur.  Stupid Pong.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on July 31, 2007, 07:36:18 PM
Timothy got some good pictures of her today.

For a zombie cat, she's awfully cute.  Keep her chained to the PS2 in the basement!!

Jessie

Here you go Dottie.  This is a short clip of her attacking me while I was trying to read.  I think she's about twice as big as she was when I got her.

dazie

ReBurn

When you sleep she's going to go for the jugular.

Alice

Quote from: ReBurn on August 09, 2007, 10:17:53 AM
When you sleep she's going to go for the jugular.
Unless Jessie has her jugular labeled in braille, I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

Jessie

hahah!

She's seeing a lot better now, but she's definitely not a fully sighted cat. 

She attacks my face just about every morning.  She gets around the house well enough now that I throw her off the bed guilt free when she won't leave me alone.

ReBurn

She doesn't need to see. Cats can smell death.

VikingJuice

dazie

Quote from: ReBurn on August 09, 2007, 10:24:02 AM
She doesn't need to see. Cats can smell death.

That explains quite a bit.  I dreamed last night that dc was an animagus, and he was a cat.

It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me at the time, because he's very allergic to cats, but that whole "can smell death" thing seems to be right up his alley.

Jessie

Poor Stevie.  One day off antibiotics and her eye is swelling up again.  I have to pick up round three of the antibiotics today.  I guess she's just going to have to stay on them constantly til she's old enough to have the eye removed.  It's sad, because she does really well as long as she keeps the medicine in her system.  I wish the medicine would just wipe out the infection, already.

Beefy

At the very least, this thread keeps putting good music in my head.

Alice

Stevie Wonder is coming to Chicago.  I wish that A) I could afford tickets B) Could find someone to go with me.

Jessie

If you figure out A) I'll be your B)

Alice

Holy crap.  Superstitious just came on the radio.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on August 15, 2007, 09:45:52 AM
Stevie Wonder is coming to Chicago.  I wish that A) I could afford tickets B) Could find someone to go with me.

If you can't find B) then there is something seriously wrong with either your city or your peer group.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on August 15, 2007, 09:48:16 AM
Quote from: Alice on August 15, 2007, 09:45:52 AM

If you can't find B) then there is something seriously wrong with either your city or your peer group.
My peer group.

I know by best friend would go with me in a *heartbeat*, but he's not exactly in IL anymore.

Jessie

I have a free roundtrip Southwest ticket just waiting to be used.

Just sayin'.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on August 15, 2007, 09:52:10 AM
I have a free roundtrip Southwest ticket just waiting to be used.

Just sayin'.

Well if you can figure out how to get us each $70ish for a ticket, come on down.  I could pick you up from the airport on the way to the concert and drop you off the next morning on my way to work in the morning.

Wait, why are you not using that to see Carrooll?

Jessie

They don't fly anywhere near him, or I'd have used it long ago.

You need to win the tickets on the radio or something!

Alice

Well that's lame.  Man, I should have paid you for your ticket when we went to VA. 

Jessie

Yeah.  That would have worked.  Didn't even think about it, though.

Alice

And by 'we', I mean 'me'.  I just felt like being royalty for a minute.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on August 15, 2007, 10:21:41 AM
Well that's lame.  Man, I should have paid you for your ticket when we went to VA. 
You went to VA together?  ;)

Jessie

We just came home from the vet.  Stevie's eye can't wait.  She's having surgery Monday morning.  :(  I guess it's good news, really, because she'll feel a lot better.

The growth on her eye has ruptured through the eyeball or something, which has caused it to be way worse, and it's no longer responding to the antibiotics.  They gave me some anti-inflammatory eye drops that he said they normally wouldn't use on an ulcerated eye, but that hers is so bad that it won't matter.

I hope that this is the end of her suffering.  She's had a rough life to only be 8 or 9 weeks old. 

dazie

Gross.  I hope it works!

Jessie

I guess an eyeball that isn't there can't swell up any more.  I hope she's not too little for the anesthesia :(  I'm worried.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

I dropped her off just a little bit ago.  I almost cried, but held it together.  Poor baby.  I hope she does ok.

Jessie

She made it through surgery.  She's still asleep from the anesthesia, but she's ok.

DownSouth

Is she a cone kitty now?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on August 20, 2007, 12:42:11 PM
She made it through surgery.  She's still asleep from the anesthesia, but she's ok.
Glad to hear it!

Jessie

When I talked to the vet on Friday, he said that she'll feel so much better that she probably won't need a cone or anything.  He said that cats are so uncomfortable that they feel relief, not pain, after this surgery.

Alice

dazie

Excellent.

Get her an eyepatch.  She can be a pirate!

dots

You're an asshole and I hate you.

Jessie

Anyone want to catsit tomorrow?  I can't pick her up til in the morning, then I"m going to have to leave her to come to work :(

Jessie

I was a little nervous about picking Stevie up this morning and just dumping her at home, so she's at work with me til lunch.  She's obviously feeling just fine.  She won't hold still long enough for me to get a picture of her face, so here's her chasing my stress ball around my office.

dazie

She looks like she feels fine!

Jessie

I brought her in and opened a can of food and she started screaming like she'd never been fed before.  She ate half the can (that's about twice what she normally eats) and then burped.  Loudly.  I don't think I've ever really heard a kitten burp before.

dazie

Gamplayerx

She looks quite peppy.

Jessie

She's very peppy.  And talky.  And hungry.  And less attacking, more playful.  I think she feels a lot better.

Jessie

She finally fell asleep on my lap, now that it's almost time to go home.

Alice

Beefy

Looks like something out of a horror film.  I'm glad she's better, though.

BigDun

If you had waited until late October, Timothy could have taken him out as a prop for a zombie costume.

Jessie

What an amazing transformation!

Her appetite since surgery has doubled, she's started eating dry food between meals (she wouldn't touch it before), and has started jumping down from furniture.

She had been climbing down off the furniture backwards, like a person on a ladder.  I thought it was because she couldn't see/didn't have depth perception, but apparently jumping around must have hurt.

She's a lot more affectionate now, like she was when she was smaller.  I think her pain was a lot worse in the last week or so, because she wasn't cuddly at all, and her playing was more aggressive.  Now she plays, but is more playful, less mean.

She's a super sweet kitten and I'm so glad she feels better.  Who'd have thought that having an eye out would make you feel GOOD?

Gamplayerx

Jessie

Aww she's so grown up.

Jessie

Man, this is one weird looking picture.  What the hell is going on with her mouth?

She's a strange cat.  She looks 100% dumb here.  I wish it were a little clearer.  Stupid phone.

dazie

She looks like she has lips.

DownSouth

Jessie

I think that is her tongue on the top and the inside of the bottom of her mouth on the bottom.  She was cleaning herself.

Alice

She looks like she's in blackface.  Racist cat.

VikingJuice

Jessie

Stevie's been in this mouth before.  Poor Stevie.

Gamplayerx

Gah!  What the hell is that?  And what's that nastiness on its tongue??

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 08, 2007, 09:58:06 PM
Gah!  What the hell is that?  And what's that nastiness on its tongue??
And who the hell is wearing that tie-dye??

Jessie

That is Cinnamon, the shepherd mix who tried to chew up Stevie three days after I found her.

That spot on her mix is likely an indication that she has some Chow in her.

That picture was taken in a fifteen year old girl's bedroom.  I think that's a blanket, not clothing.

Jessie

To be fair, she's a really sweet dog.  Im pretty sure they were playing with her when they took that picture.  She's not aggressive at all, to my knowledge.  She wasn't trying to hurt Stevie when she grabbed her, she just wanted to play.  If she wanted to hurt her, she'd have been a goner.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on September 08, 2007, 10:04:49 PM
To be fair, she's a really sweet dog.  Im pretty sure they were playing with her when they took that picture.  She's not aggressive at all, to my knowledge.  She wasn't trying to hurt Stevie when she grabbed her, she just wanted to play.  If she wanted to hurt her, she'd have been a goner.

I don't care what you say, you're not swaying me.  Dem dogs is ebil.

Jessie

Look how big she's getting!

Gamplayerx

I've got a black kitty sitting behind me right now, too!  And I look like hell, too!  We're so sympatico!!

Jessie

Gamplayerx

Actually, I really do look like crap.  Whereas you just don't look very animated.

Jessie

I was holding still because every time I moved, she was attacking my head.

DownSouth

I'm slowly learning the layout of your apt.  Reinforced door.

Crowbar-check

Jessie

Look at how big and strong (and yes gamp, sleek and slinky) she's getting!

ReBurn

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on October 01, 2007, 11:04:11 PM
So how's the eyeball?
One's long gone, and the other is a little scarred up, but functional.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on October 02, 2007, 07:33:23 AM
So how's the eyeball?
Like my friend Matt's balls.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on October 02, 2007, 08:35:07 AM
Quote from: Jessie on October 02, 2007, 07:33:23 AM
So how's the eyeball?
Like my friend Matt's balls.

Hopefully he didn't get it in a cat fight!

PS.  Stevie looks huge!!  And it such a short time too.

Jessie

Stevie, with no zombie eyes!

This shows a pretty good view of the missing eye.

Watching tv and guarding (half of) the halloween candy.

Look how shiny and healthy she is now!

And so she doesn't feel left out, here's Butters.

Oh and ignore the pine shavings on the floor.  Guinea pigs are messy pets and I haven't vacuumed today.

Gamplayerx

Wow.  She's huge.  And looks really healthy, except for that missing eye.  You did a really good job, Jessie.

Jessie

Thanks.  I lubs her.  I'm pretty sure it's unhealthy just how much I love her.

Gamplayerx

I'm currently not so much liking my black cat.  A bit torn between worried and pissed since he keeps throwing up on the new carpet.  He's thrown up 3 times today.  I can't figure out why, although I can state without equivocation that it's really icky.

Jessie

That's considered normal behavior around here.

Icky and annoying, indeed.

Gamplayerx

Okay, it's now more than icky. 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 04, 2007, 09:04:18 PM
I'm currently not so much liking my black cat.  A bit torn between worried and pissed since he keeps throwing up on the new carpet.  He's thrown up 3 times today.  I can't figure out why, although I can state without equivocation that it's really icky.

Sensitive stomach?  I've heard of lots of cats having that problem because of the high prevalence of inbreeding within cat populations.

Jessie

If Butters eats anything beyond her regular dry food or Pounce treats, it's a total pukefest around here.  Add in any stress, and it's just out of control.  The vet says that it's just normal for her and not to worry about it.

If Ping (or is it Pong?) is not normally pukey, and it keeps up, I'd be a little concerned, I think.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: The Dude(VJ) on November 04, 2007, 09:18:54 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 04, 2007, 09:04:18 PM

Sensitive stomach?  I've heard of lots of cats having that problem because of the high prevalence of inbreeding within cat populations.
It's Pong - he's not normally pukey.  He's over 3 years old.  Whatever is making him puke, it's not inbreeding.

Jessie

Wow, they're three already?  That's crazy.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on November 04, 2007, 09:57:06 PM
Wow, they're three already?  That's crazy.
I know - isn't it??  The time, it flies.

Jessie

Carroll says that this one should be captioned.

Gamplayerx

"Go ahead.  Just try it, Squinty."

Vet can't figure out what's wrong with Pong.  He's lost almost a pound - and not all just in fur.  ;)  She couldn't find any fleas or mites on him, but he could be eating them, but she doesn't think so since Ping has had no problems.  So, she thinks he may have a skin allergy or a food allergy.  $200 later, he got a shot, new food and frontline (just in case they're really sneaky mites).  Since then, he's not thrown up.  But I don't know which of the three things have helped.  And Ping doesn't like the new food. 

dazie

Gamplayerx

The new food?  It's Prescription Diet z/d low allergen.  The old food was the Purina Cat Chow Naturals and Friskies poultry pouch thingies.

dazie

Heh.  Thank you for your support.  It's folks like you who keep me employed.  :)

(Hill's Pet is my company's biggest client)

Jessie

I'm glad he's feeling better.

BigDun

Quote from: Jessie on November 11, 2007, 06:58:03 PM
Carroll says that this one should be captioned.

I is n ur papr box...

makin beleev it is a time macheens.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on November 11, 2007, 07:46:12 PM
Heh.  Thank you for your support.  It's folks like you who keep me employed.  :)

(Hill's Pet is my company's biggest client)
It was totally the advertising that swayed me!  ;)

Jessie

I have a weird cat.  She climbs the towels on the towel rack and just hangs out up there.

It took quite a few falls before she mastered it.  That was FUN to watch.

Also, she likes to beat up on Butters.

DownSouth

Who doesnt like to beat off with butter?  Omelette's done!

Jessie

I'm having fun taking pictures with my new camera.  95% of them are pictures of my cats.  I left work since I couldn't stop being stupid and weepy, so I've been entertaining myself.  Now you get to share in that.

Picture 1:  Finally a picture that shows the color of Stevie's eye without the glare from the scarring.  Also, you can see her face instead of just a blur because she's so dark.

Picture 2:  Bitchslap!

Picture 3:  I just like this one.

Jessie

Oops, picture one was incorrect.

Jessie

For the first time in forever I actually got a picture that shows the real color of her eye!  See, it doesn't really glow.

Dry then Catch

its eye still grosses me out and i have a dog with a damaged eye

Jessie

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on July 21, 2008, 06:02:20 PM

still grossed out.

still have a dog with an eye that requires daily meds

on a side note, I ran over a desert toad while parking.

Jessie

I like this picture, because if you didn't know any better, you might think she's normal.

pumpkineye

Quote from: Jessie on November 09, 2008, 06:36:36 PM
I like this picture, because if you didn't know any better, you might think she's normal.

catchr will still find a way to be grossed out

Dry then Catch

Quote from: pumpkineye on November 10, 2008, 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: Jessie on November 09, 2008, 06:36:36 PM

catchr will still find a way to be grossed out

the next picture needs to be a heard turn to reveal and eaten out eye with a worm coming out

Jessie

It's only fitting that I add the end to her story where it all began. 

My house is so quiet today.

From that to this:

Goodbye, my pretty girl. 

dazie

Jessie

Don't really know.  She started breathing hard Monday night.  Took her to the vet Tuesday evening, we figured she had a respiratory infection.  Got her a shot of antibiotics and oral antibiotics to take home.  3am Wednesday, she was collapsed on the floor, foaming at the mouth, gasping for breath.  Middle of the night visit to my vet (I love my vets.  I must send them a card), and he tells me her lungs are full of fluid, but everything else looks ok on xray.  Temp of 98.  He thinks she has cancer, and probably won't make it through the night.  He kept her there for a few hours, gave her a big steriods shot and more antibiotics, waiting for the lab people to get there at 730.  Her blood work came back kind of wonky, but not directly showing anything that meant anything.  He called me and told me he was shocked she was alive when he got there, so we were hopeful that further antibiotics and steroids would bring her out of it.  Unfortunately, it didn't.  She spent the rest of the week struggling for breath, only minimally eating and drinking (sometimes I had to dropper feed her water and KMR). 

Took her back to the vet Saturday, and he said she was barely getting any air (it seemed like she was breathing easier, but she was really just breathing small shallow breaths), her temp was down to 97, and that there was no hope.  I had them put her to sleep, and she died in my arms about 9:45 Saturday morning. 

dazie

That sucks.  I'm really sorry.

Jessie

Thanks.  I'm pretty soundly fucking devastated, to tell you the truth.

dazie

It sucks to lose someone you're not ready to let go of yet. I hope those around you offer comfort, even if they don't understand.

dc

Sorry to hear that, Jessie.  They're never around as long as they deserve to be.

Gamplayerx

I'm so very sorry.  I know how heartbreaking this is.

Jessie

swolt

I'm so sorry to hear that. I doubt there are many pets that were as loved as she was. And I'm sure she knew it.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

I think you're right on both parts :).  She had a really good life.