News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Stevie Wonder

Started by Jessie, July 18, 2007, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Monday night I rescued a kitten from the street.  I was just going to get her out of the street since she was so small, but then I noticed that both her eyes were fused shut with infection.  I brought her in and didn't realize how young she was at the time (I was in the middle of a crisis that was keeping me from focusing on much of anything).  I realized later, when she wasn't eating the food I'd moistened for her, that she's probably only 3 weeks old, if that.

My mom came over and made up some half and half with egg concoction that seems to have really perked her up.  She's playing just like any kitten would, except that she's blind right now.  Her eyes are still a mess, but after cleanng her up, and cleaning out the gunk every couple of hours, they seem to be getting better.  I'm going to try to get her stronger and treat her here for a couple more days then take her to the vet if need be.  I have a lot of shit going on right now that keeps me from doing much else, so she's kind of in hiatus.  She seems pretty happy though, and she thinks I'm her mother. 

I was going to try and take her somewhere, but the only place that would take her was the pound, and they said if I brought her there sick, they'd put her to sleep.  So now I have to nurse her back to health, and feed her with a dropper and get her strong so...I can keep her because there's no effing way I'll be able to get rid of her after this.

I'm only allowed one cat or dog so I hope to god they don't find out.  I don't know how/why they would, though.

You can see in the picture that her eye is still swollen.  I think she might be blind, but I'm not sure.  Poor kitty.  She's so sweet.

[attachment deleted by admin]
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Oh, poor baby.  I hope you continue to call her Stevie.  I think that's an adorable name for a girl cat.

VikingJuice

I have a real soft spot for baby cats and baby dogs.  They are so unbelievably cute sometimes and your little one is no exception.  How adorable!  Do you need any financial assistance taking care of her while she's ill?

Jessie

Stevie is Tyler's friend Nick's daughter's name.  That's a lot of possession in that sentence. 

I think I'll call her Wonder.  Or Stevie.  I dunno.  I just thought it was funny.

I tried to convince myself at first that I'd get rid of her, but I don't know if I can now...

Jessie

Quote from: VikingJuice on July 18, 2007, 09:22:16 PM
I have a real soft spot for baby cats and baby dogs.  They are so unbelievably cute sometimes and your little one is no exception.  How adorable!  Do you need any financial assistance taking care of her while she's ill?
I honestly don't know.  I know a place where I can have her seen for $25 but I don't know what it'll cost from there.  I think she needs antibiotics, but she seems really healthy otherwise.  She was playing and purring and running around earlier.  It's interesting watching a blind cat play. 

I've kept her quarantined from Butters for the time being, and I think she is thoroughly pissed at me for it.

dots

Awww!
I like Stevie Wonder.  Great name.

You should post video of her playing.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

Alice

You could call her Fortuna, the goddess of fate.  She's represented as blind a lot.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on July 18, 2007, 09:25:18 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on July 18, 2007, 09:22:16 PM
I honestly don't know.  I know a place where I can have her seen for $25 but I don't know what it'll cost from there.  I think she needs antibiotics, but she seems really healthy otherwise.  She was playing and purring and running around earlier.  It's interesting watching a blind cat play. 

I've kept her quarantined from Butters for the time being, and I think she is thoroughly pissed at me for it.

Let me know.

I remember back in HS my sweetheart at the time had 2 baby kittens and the white one, Gandolf, ran around all crazy like.  Her back legs always worked about twice as fast as her front ones and she wouldn literally spin-out like a car on the hard wood floors.  She'd take off running full speed and the butt would start coming around the side until the front legs lost traction and splat she'd go sliding like a frisbee for 2 or three feet.  It was so funny.

Alice

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on July 18, 2007, 09:27:45 PM
You could call her Fortuna, the goddess of fate.  She's represented as blind a lot.
You sound like Carroll.  His kittens are named Matti and Tyr.  They're gods of some sort, I guess.

Gamplayerx

I wish I could remember what the stuff was called that I had to put in Ping's eyes when we first got her.  It was a gel - available at PetSmart/PetCo, etc.  Just go to some pet store and ask for a gel for eye infections.  I don't know that it'll be the cureall, but it probably can't hurt.

She looks to be a bit older than 3 weeks to me.  Oh!  While you're at the pet store, get a tube of goo - I think it's marked for finicky eaters or something.  Basicallly, just tasty calories in a nasty looking brown paste.

Jessie

That picture makes her look bigger than she is.  Her head is probably the size of a golf ball, maybe smaller.  I'll check for that stuff at the pet store, Gamp, thanks.  She seems to be doing pretty well with whatever old farm shit my mom whipped up, but some extra calories couldn't hurt.

Jessie

After doing some research, I've determined that she has the Feline Herpes virus.  I called the vet, and they said it'll cost between $15 and $30 to treat her.  She seems totally healthy other than that, so it'll just be a matter of getting rid of fleas and ear mites, and later vaccinations, and then she'll be totally healthy.

dazie

Heh.  Jessie's pussy's got teh herps.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on July 19, 2007, 09:57:23 AM
Heh.  Jessie's pussy's got teh herps.
You act like this is news.

Dry then Catch

so how many animals away are you from being a cat lady with a rotten cooch?

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on July 19, 2007, 11:58:30 AM
so how many animals away are you from being a cat lady with a rotten cooch?

I'm just gonna paste what I told Carroll here:

Cat's fine.  She's got a respiratory infection (or virus, maybe herpes), bacterial eye infection and is otherwise ok.  She got wormed, some frontline rubbed on her (she's too young for the drops) and antibiotics and eye drops.  Total cost - $39
She's a girl, and he estimates her to be 5 weeks old (she's a small 5 weeks, probably from being a little malnourished).  She should be able to eat moist food, but the congestion has probably hindered that.
Oh, and she should get her sight back.
5-7 days and she should be fine.

Gamplayerx

You make a very fine cat lady, Jessie.  :)

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 19, 2007, 12:52:44 PM
Why thanks!

If Carroll and I ever combine households, we'll start off with four cats and two guinea pigs.

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on July 19, 2007, 12:59:05 PM
Why thanks!

If Carroll and I ever combine households, we'll start off with four cats and two guinea pigs.
And a freakin' sweet TV...
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on July 19, 2007, 01:40:59 PM
Quote from: Jessie on July 19, 2007, 12:59:05 PM
Why thanks!

And a freakin' sweet TV...
Yes, that too.

DownSouth

My parents were up to 5 dogs.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

JJ

It'd be better if her name was Stevie Nicks.

You could get her adorable little kitty cocaine balls to bat around.

Jessie

Poor kitten has a rough life.  I was at my friend's house wtih family and friends dealing with my catastrophe of a life, and I took her with me so I could feed her and give her meds.  They have a german shephard that someone let in, and decided to play with her.

I tackled that fucking dog and got her in a head lock before I even knew what I was doing.  Stevie Wonder is fine, other than being scared and having some gunk and blood knocked out of her swollen eye.

What a fucking week.

JJ

Jessie takes down the bitch in the headlock...

Man, I'd pay money to see that kind of event.