News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

Cloverfield

Started by eo000, July 09, 2007, 06:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Turned out to be a better film that I'd anticipated.  I really enjoyed it.  Lot's of intense action, good suspense, a little farcical here and there but not too bad.  Pays homage to a lot of films that have come before it.

Warning: if you are prone to motion sickness or epileptic seizures, proceed with caution. 

Worth a full price ticket

My movie rating scale should be noted:
Full price=very strong/entertaining film
Matinee=pretty good, minor issues
Wait for DVD=not that great, you'll feel like you've wasted money at the theatre
Wait for Cable=only watch if there's nothing else on your TV

ReBurn

I may sneak out of work for a couple of hours next week to see this.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on January 19, 2008, 09:47:43 PM
I may sneak out of work for a couple of hours next week to see this.

You need to.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

Wow.  That's taking pulling a Jessie to a whole new level.

I guess that's what I get for trying to use the show latest posts page instead of just going to the thread.

Beefy

Who knew Jessie was really the Cloverfield monster?

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on January 20, 2008, 10:08:19 AM
Who knew Jessie was really the Cloverfield monster?
* ReBurn raises his hand.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

eo000

Beefy

Beefy

$41 million opening weekend.  Guess the viral marketing worked.

Beefy

It only cost $25 mill.

Jessie

eo000

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on January 20, 2008, 06:42:51 PM
Quote from: Beefy on January 20, 2008, 03:48:57 PM
Quote from: eo000 on January 20, 2008, 03:25:51 PM
I enjoyed it.

Did you notice the satellite?  I didn't.
no. what satellite?

The last shot of them at Coney Island at the end of the film, with them facing the camera and the ocean behind them, part of a satellite falls into the water behind them.  I missed it but my little brother caught it.  Since been verified by others on TF.  Also, couldn't quite make out what the audio at the end was, but wikipedia earlier listed it as "it's still alive" backwards.

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on January 20, 2008, 06:50:09 PM
I enjoyed it.

no. what satellite?

The last shot of them at Coney Island at the end of the film, with them facing the camera and the ocean behind them, part of a satellite falls into the water behind them.  I missed it but my little brother caught it.  Since been verified by others on TF.  Also, couldn't quite make out what the audio at the end was, but wikipedia earlier listed it as "it's still alive" backwards.
I didn't notice that at all. It would have been cool to see, but i don't think seeing it again in the theater would be all that much fun.  I stayed through the credits, heard the audio, and had no idea what was said.

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on January 20, 2008, 06:55:34 PM
I enjoyed it.

no. what satellite?

I didn't notice that at all. It would have been cool to see, but i don't think seeing it again in the theater would be all that much fun.  I stayed through the credits, heard the audio, and had no idea what was said.

I may see it again, just because my attention was on the petrified 13 year old next to me for at least half the running time, which sucked me out of the movie more than once.

Beefy

http://www.celebridiot.com/2008/01/21/all-you-need-to-know-about-cloverfield-in-2-minutes/

Linked clip has the "satellite shot".  I don't see it.

Also, massive spoiler shots of the beastie so be warned if you haven't seen it.

Beefy

http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370 

Here's the whisper at the end after the credits, played backwards.

eo000

I read an article yesterday about possible sequals. One being someone else's home video events of the night. I think I'd dig that.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on January 20, 2008, 06:58:38 PM
Quote from: eo000 on January 20, 2008, 06:55:34 PM
I enjoyed it.

no. what satellite?

I may see it again, just because my attention was on the petrified 13 year old next to me for at least half the running time, which sucked me out of the movie more than once.

I'm pretty sure being sucked by a 13 year old is illegal, even in Texas.

meredith

i don't get motion sickness when i can feel my own sense of balance, but damn the shakycam shit was making me ill.

BigDun

Me and the wife went to see it. It was pretty intense.

I can't believe we stayed through what seemed like 15 minutes of credits for the closer.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Jessie

Quote from: BigDun on January 27, 2008, 04:32:29 PM
Me and the wife went to see it. It was pretty intense.

I can't believe we stayed through what seemed like 15 minutes of credits for the closer.
I agree completely.

Dry then Catch

WOW LATE 20S MANHATTANITES ARE SO COOL EVEN WHEN THEY GET EATEN

also, I liked how the Army had the Starship Troopers tactic of run up and shoot small arms in the face of a giant monster.  I don't think you need to be an expert to realize the military has precision cruise missiles that can be launched from hundreds of miles away. 

I also found it odd that the escape helicopter was flying along with the monster.  Why didn't they fly in the opposite direction? 

I liked the tension, and I understand a suspension of disbelief when watching a monster movie, but this was too much.