News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Where the Wild Things Are

Started by Beefy, June 25, 2007, 06:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

I went to high school with Spike Jonze.  I loved Where the Wild Things Are.

Beefy

ReBurn

Looks like a sordid tale of masochism to me.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Hrm.  Don't remember that part in the book.

nishi

that looked stunning. and it skirted the "aw, the monster is sad about the robot thing" by mere nano-inches. but it did skirt it - it was there and it wasn't maudlin or too much.

if the rest of the movie looks and feels like that, i'm in.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Beefy

Quote from: nishi on February 17, 2008, 09:15:36 PM
that looked stunning. and it skirted the "aw, the monster is sad about the robot thing" by mere nano-inches. but it did skirt it - it was there and it wasn't maudlin or too much.

if the rest of the movie looks and feels like that, i'm in.

i'm with you.  i can't believe it looked as good as it did.  the exchange was a bit stilted, but the film is a year away.

nishi

this is the photo that gives me really high hopes for this:

"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Beefy

New photo set.  Some good ones.  Can't embed, and you have to sit through an ad first.  Sorry.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-03-22-wild-things-main_N.htm?csp=34

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 25, 2007, 07:56:00 AM
I went to high school with Spike Jonze.  I loved Where the Wild Things Are.
that's awesome, what was he like?

Gamplayerx

I didn't know him, my recollection is short skinny nerdy but not gross

dazie

I saw the preview for this when I went to see Harry Potter. 

It LOOKS like it might not suck.  Whether or not the PLOT sucks I have no idea.  But the look is good.

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on July 24, 2009, 11:46:13 AM
I saw the preview for this when I went to see Harry Potter. 

It LOOKS like it might not suck.  Whether or not the PLOT sucks I have no idea.  But the look is good.

I've seen it a few times in the theater.  Doesn't look terrible.

Gamplayerx

The trailers they're running on tv now look really good.

meredith

Yeah, I'd like to catch it.

Also, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  It's gotta be miserable in the plot department but I read the book back in the day so that's that.

dazie

Quote from: hatt on October 07, 2009, 10:30:53 AM

Also, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  It's gotta be miserable in the plot department but I read the book back in the day so that's that.

Every parent review I've seen of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has been good.  I don't know if it means good for kids and adults or just good for kids.

meredith

well i'm childlike in the head and in the pants so i'll be good either way

eo000

I'm taking Kayla and a few of her friends to see Fame on Friday. Hopefully there's a movie playing for me at the same time.

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on October 07, 2009, 10:50:30 AM

Every parent review I've seen of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has been good.  I don't know if it means good for kids and adults or just good for kids.
I took the kids to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It was a lot of fun. I thought the plot was good, but it wasn't like a Shrek where kids and adults find the same stuff funny, but for much different reasons. So mostly just for kids.

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on October 07, 2009, 11:08:42 AM
I'm taking Kayla and a few of her friends to see Fame on Friday. Hopefully there's a movie playing for me at the same time.
Hopefully. I bought a ticket to see Fame, but at the last minute I changed my mind and slipped in to see Final Destination. That movie was exactly what I expected it to be.

eo000

the invention of the lie or the bateman movie look funny. i'm hoping for one of those.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on October 07, 2009, 01:51:38 PM
the invention of the lie or the bateman movie look funny. i'm hoping for one of those.

Both are on my list with Zombieland.  I may do a triple header this weekend.  Beef, you free?

Beefy

Quote from: VikingJuice on October 07, 2009, 04:51:02 PM
Quote from: eo000 on October 07, 2009, 01:51:38 PM

Both are on my list with Zombieland.  I may do a triple header this weekend.  Beef, you free?

I may very well be.

dazie

Quote from: dazie on October 07, 2009, 10:50:30 AM

Saw it today and laughed hysterically through a good part of it.  I don't know that it was worth the $30 (3 tickets, 2 sodas) I paid to see it, but it's funny.

ReBurn

I considered seeing Where the Wild Things Are. But I opted for Law Abiding Citizens. It was good, but it wasn't great. I didn't think that Jamie Fox and the 300 guy had a good groove. But I liked the story and asplosions.

dazie

Which 300 guy?  Cuz there were like, I dunno- 246 of them.

ReBurn

meredith

there weren't 300?  i want my f@#$ing money back!

BigDun

Has anyone here actually seen Where the Wild Things Are yet? (eo, I'm looking at you)
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

BigDun

We went to see WTWTA tonight. Me and my wife were the only people in the theater.

It was beautiful and long, and the lead character (the kid) needs to either be medicated or put down.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

eo000

Kayla had no interest in seeing it, so I haven't, yet. I will for sure at least rent it when it comes out on dvd.

Jessie

We loved it.  The soundtrack was fantastic.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.