News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

Indy 4

Started by Beefy, June 22, 2007, 07:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Shia was the lead actor in Transformers, and a tv show called Even Stevens.  He was in Disturbia, which I watched last weekend.  It was not as good as Rear Window.

He's kind of nerdy cute.

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 09, 2007, 09:47:43 PM
What or who is Shia?

That title sounds lame.

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

New title confirmed on the official site.

I thought the new title sounded a little silly as well, Gamp.

But then think about it:

Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Temple of Doom.

These only sound reasonable because we're used to them (and much older than we were when they were originally released).

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on September 10, 2007, 06:43:08 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 09, 2007, 09:47:43 PM
What or who is Shia?

That title sounds lame.

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

New title confirmed on the official site.

I thought the new title sounded a little silly as well, Gamp.

But then think about it:

Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Temple of Doom.

These only sound reasonable because we're used to them (and much older than we were when they were originally released).

What do you mean?

I think Indian Jones the Phantom Menace is a great title!!

VikingJuice

Okay, the interview video got me excited.  I hope this one is fun and not dumb.

Beefy

Jeepers, it's like being a kid again.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

VikingJuice

He's pretty damned cool for an old dude.  That poster is kind of exciting in that 'I'm 12 and can't wait for summer' sort of way.

Very Kewl!!

Beefy

It's being yanked off of Websites faster than you can keep up with, but I got it, dammit.  I won't post it directly, but I will provide a tinypic link to it.  Either way, HUGE HUGE spoiler for the film.  You've been warned.

Behold, the Skull

dazie

Interesting structure.   

grace

evil and spooky.....

Bennyhana

Well I can't see the movie now.  I've seen one of the props.

VikingJuice

Beefy

The MPAA apparently had the American teaser censored, unlike the international trailer.  Apparently we're very gun sensitive.

Beefy

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35649

QuoteAnd, yes, the edits were done because there is an MPAA rule that no gun can be pointed directly at someone in the same frame in a trailer.

dazie

Just got around to watching the trailer.

I'm giddy.  Actually giddy.  I can't wait!

:gamp:

dazie

Yay for connections at the movie theaters!  Previews!

It was good.  I liked it.

I wouldn't recommend it for kids who are easily freaked out, Kate and I spent some time in the lobby.

Indy still kicks ass, but "Mutt" holds his own.

Beowulf was in it, still kind of sucky.  (the actor who voiced Beowulf I mean- not the character)

Cate Blanchett's acting chops are kind of wasted, but she looks like she had fun with the role, and it's pretty cool.

Einstein does NOT factor into it, sorry to burst that bubble.

Lots of subtle and not so subtle references to the previous movies, some of which made me laugh and clap.

The creep factor this time?  Not snakes, not scorpions, although there were both in the film.  This time it was "Big Damn Ants."  I nearly had to leave during that part. *shudders*

All in all a decent addition to the series.  Not on par with the first one, more like the 2nd.

VikingJuice

Polls are closed for me, results are in...meh.

It plays more along the lines of a boob-raider or National Treasure with SW quantity CG shots that looks too smooth, too well lit, not properly textured and not obeying normal laws of even movie physics.

Plot wise, it's okay.  Plays a little too fast in some parts that could have been more interesting.  They bring back a major character from the past and then don't use that character for much more than window dressing and to have an extra body in major scenes.  Aside from one scene, this character adds zilch to the film.

Blanchet was wasted, her accent was awful and her character was just dumb.  At least the German chick in part III was somewhat interesting as a bad guy.

LeBouf(however you spell his name) was okay and may get the keys to the franchise if this film doesn't kill it.

Ford looks REALLY old even for an old dude.

It's worth a look because of the franchise name but I wouldn't pay more than a matinee for a viewing.

dazie

Quote from: VikingJuice on May 23, 2008, 12:50:31 AM

Blanchet was wasted, her accent was awful and her character was just dumb.  At least the German chick in part III was somewhat interesting as a bad guy.

Yeah- she wasn't quite able to maintain the accent through the whole thing, which really surprised me, considering her usual abilities.

Jessie

VikingJuice

These guys are apparently serious but geez...it's not as if the KGB didn't do crazy stuff but even so, this movie is VERY light on the Soviet Cold War type persona.  I can't believe they are taking it so seriously given that it's fiction and weak fiction at that.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080523/film_nm/russia_indianajones_dc

Dry then Catch

SPOILER QUESTION

so like he could have just given Cate the skull from the beginning and the end result would have been the same? 

dazie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on May 28, 2008, 12:47:51 PM
SPOILER QUESTION

so like he could have just given Cate the skull from the beginning and the end result would have been the same? 

Yes.  But then we wouldn't have seen the swordfight.

Dry then Catch

we wouldnt have seen those awful gophers either

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on May 28, 2008, 12:47:51 PM
SPOILER QUESTION

I haven't seen it yet, but this is one of the consistent complaints I keep hearing about the film - there's no real narrative flow, scenes are there but have no worth because the plot is moved along by character exposition.