News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

Warhammer

Started by Jessie, June 07, 2007, 09:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bennyhana

Isn't that the one with the little dolls?

Dry then Catch

its the miniature game but I know little of it.  What is carroll getting you into?

awesome, thats a level of nerdiness I haven't quite reached yet.  I'd say its between indie and mainstream.

for reference

indie vs. mainstream

Eve-Online vs. World of Warcraft

Battletech vs.  D&D

Zach Braff's playlist vs. Ashton Kutcher's playlist

Sonic Vs. McDonalds

and the analogy goes.. 
Warhammer vs. all that vampire RPG shit?

I don't know

Jessie

He is interested more in the painting of the figurines than the playing, I think.  I dunno.  Yes, he's a total nerd.

I <3 nerds, though, so it all works out.

BigDun

I used to have a large collection of AD&D lead miniatures that I painted when I was a teen. I suppose I still do, but I think they all got thrown in a bag and would be all chipped at this point.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

The FAQ reads like a less dynamic version of WoW.

Jessie

Quote from: BigDun on June 08, 2007, 07:45:33 AM
I used to have a large collection of AD&D lead miniatures that I painted when I was a teen. I suppose I still do, but I think they all got thrown in a bag and would be all chipped at this point.

What's AD&D?

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on June 08, 2007, 07:48:00 AM
Quote from: BigDun on June 08, 2007, 07:45:33 AM

What's AD&D?
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

BTW - Warhammer goes way beyond "dork" status.

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on June 08, 2007, 01:11:26 AM
its the miniature game but I know little of it.  What is carroll getting you into?

awesome, thats a level of nerdiness I haven't quite reached yet.  I'd say its between indie and mainstream.

for reference

indie vs. mainstream

Battletech vs.  D&D

Sonic Vs. McDonalds

and the analogy goes.. 

I don't know
Carroll says he thinks a good analogy would be Warhammer vs. Risk.

Alice

A good example would be mom's basement vs. living above mom's garage.

Jessie

Dry then Catch

these dorkily accusations are being levied by people who get damp over Firefly and met over an internet discussion forum.  This should show you the level of warhammer

Dry then Catch

are you going larping next weekend

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on June 08, 2007, 12:06:41 PM
these dorkily accusations are being levied by people who get damp over Firefly and met over an internet discussion forum.  This should show you the level of warhammer
That is frightening.

Dry then Catch

actually i read more and it does sound kinda cool but extremely convoluted.  i don't get the whole miniatures aspect, perhaps BD can explain it.  isn't it just like playing with toys

anyway there is going to be a warhammer mmo soon, so maybe you can RP a Chaos Space Marine like you always wanted

Beefy

Lightning bolt!  Lightning bolt!

BigDun

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on June 08, 2007, 12:32:00 PM
actually i read more and it does sound kinda cool but extremely convoluted.  i don't get the whole miniatures aspect, perhaps BD can explain it.  isn't it just like playing with toys

anyway there is going to be a warhammer mmo soon, so maybe you can RP a Chaos Space Marine like you always wanted

The lead figurines allow you to visualize the scenarios that are otherwise just described. It's hard to decide the next action if all you have is a description that there are 3 orcs attacking from the north, two from the door on the southeast, etc, etc. Put a few lead figures down as representations and you can decide that the ones on the north are too far away to worry about if you can clear a path through the ones blocking the door.

The painting part is just because lead figurines are pretty boring to look at. And it's fun.

Jessie

Quote from: BigDun on June 08, 2007, 02:22:46 PM

The lead figurines allow you to visualize the scenarios that are otherwise just described. It's hard to decide the next action if all you have is a description that there are 3 orcs attacking from the north, two from the door on the southeast, etc, etc. Put a few lead figures down as representations and you can decide that the ones on the north are too far away to worry about if you can clear a path through the ones blocking the door.

The painting part is just because lead figurines are pretty boring to look at. And it's fun.
So have you ever played Warhammer or just AD&D?

BigDun

Quote from: Jessie on June 08, 2007, 02:25:17 PM
Quote from: BigDun on June 08, 2007, 02:22:46 PM

So have you ever played Warhammer or just AD&D?
Only AD&D. And I haven't played that in over 20 years.

dazie

I used to LOVE painting the figurines.  More than I liked playing the game.

My plan had been to make a chess set- elves vs dark elves. 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: dazie on June 08, 2007, 03:21:03 PM

lol thats so girly

dazie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on June 08, 2007, 04:10:07 PM
Quote from: dazie on June 08, 2007, 03:21:03 PM

lol thats so girly

Yeah.  I get that way sometimes.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bishamonten

for reference

indie vs. mainstream

Battletech vs.  D&D

Sonic Vs. McDonalds

and the analogy goes.. 

I don't know

Zach Braff was never voted the Pope of Indie.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Bishamonten on June 09, 2007, 07:24:56 PM

for reference

indie vs. mainstream

Battletech vs.  D&D

Sonic Vs. McDonalds

and the analogy goes.. 

I don't know

Zach Braff was never voted the Pope of Indie.

hey didnt the shins change your life?