News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

Zodiac

Started by VikingJuice, March 03, 2007, 01:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Just got out of seeing it and I give it a strong A-.  The review that Beef had told me about was a little off target with its criticism.  It is anti-climactic to me but that's not till the very end of the film.  If you're familiar with the story, you'll know what I mean.

I was very impressed with the acting.  It was nice to see Downey on screen again.  He is very strong and melds into his role quite nicely.  Though by virtue of the story, he is phased out of the movie about half way through.  Gillenhaal was excellent as usual. Ruffalo was probably the best character in the film.  Svengy was odd, she could have had more to work with but they didn't give it to her, yet she wasn't just window dressing either.

There were some very intense scenes that had nothing to do with the murders but in the unravelling of the story.  And the warnings I'd heard about the gore were vastly overstated.  Braveheart was far more gruesome in that regard.

Tons of cameos and small non-cameo parts throughout.

I'd recommend this at full price.

eo000

now go see black snake moan before noon tomorrow and give me the review. :D

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on March 03, 2007, 01:47:18 AM

I wanted to see both this weekend.

Stupid head cold.   >:(

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on March 03, 2007, 01:47:18 AM

Not so sure about that one.  Ricci in skimpy panties is intriguing but since she looks all skanked out on drugs or whatever, I'm less intrigued.  That and the plot looks really questionable.

eo000

saw zodiac last night.

it was good, i liked it