News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

Not bad

Started by dazie, February 26, 2007, 02:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

http://www.tasteofthai.com/quickmeals.cfm

I just had the red curry noodles quick meals lunch.  It'll never replace the local Thai restaurant, but it isn't bad.  Next on my list is the coconut one.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

JJ

Big fan of thai food here. Unfortunately, almost every prepackaged pseudo-thai and non-thai-restaurant "thai" food I've had has been abominably shitty.

I've never seen their packaged noodles, but I've seen various bastardized sauces under that name in such fine outlets as Safeway.

Gamplayerx

I've had something very similar to that that was also not bad. 

Beefy

I love stuff like that, just not with coconut.   :-X

dazie

I figured I'd try it.  Normally I'm not a huge fan either, but it's what Ursus brought home from the store.  *lol*

dazie

Update- so far, the only decent one IS the red curry.  The pad thai is ok, but kind of meh.

So I went and got real red curry today- with long beans, tofu and rice.  *swoon*

BigDun

I'll have to keep my eyes open for those for my wife. The good thing about Thai food is that it is mostly vegetarian.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

Quote from: BigDun on April 02, 2007, 02:14:04 PM
I'll have to keep my eyes open for those for my wife. The good thing about Thai food is that it is mostly vegetarian.

I can see adding tofu or veggies or something to these, but at work I don't have the luxury, and if I had that kind of time, I'd just go get some REAL thai.

Dry then Catch

did i ever tell how to make cheap thai peanut sauce?  its like the only decent foodstuff I can conjure myself

JJ

Today I had the curry chicken on vermicelli noodles with 2 spring rolls at the Little Star today. We went there on Thursday and they messed our orders up and it kind of sucked, but today it was all tasty. They make really tasty spring roll dipping sauce, their rolls are awesome. Then you dump the leftover sauce-and-chilies goo on the noodle bowl and mix it up with the sprouts. I could eat that stuff almost every day.