News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

Grindhouse

Started by eo000, February 23, 2007, 03:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on April 30, 2007, 09:04:58 PM
I liked Planet Terror way more.  It was just fun, and didn't try to be anything but.

Death Proof had great action, but not enough of it.  There was too much set up for the first group of girls.  I loved Zoe, though.

Death Proof was more a real grindhouse flick.  And the hood stunt scenes were more exciting than anything in Planet Terror.

Dry then Catch

Jessie

How did they get Fergie to look so freakin hot and not just freakish like usual?

Also, Rose McGowen was super hot, too.

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on April 30, 2007, 09:32:16 PM
How did they get Fergie to look so freakin hot and not just freakish like usual?

Also, Rose McGowen was super hot, too.

It was nighttime. Everyone looks better in the dark.

Jessie

Gamplayerx

I just watched Planet Terror - didn't realize when I started it that it was part of Grindhouse.  So, I'm about to start Death Proof.  I usually don't like Rose McGowen, but damn she was hot in Planet Terror.

Gamplayerx

Beefy

I still say Death Proof was better than Planet Terror.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on March 24, 2008, 06:45:40 AM
I think they were so different, it's hard to judge it that way.  Planet Terror was so much fun, but Death Proof was kickass.  Well, Death Proof was kickass except for all the talk talk talk talk talk.

Jessie

Quote from: Jessie on March 24, 2008, 07:41:24 AM
Quote from: Beefy on March 24, 2008, 06:45:40 AM
I think they were so different, it's hard to judge it that way.  Planet Terror was so much fun, but Death Proof was kickass.  Well, Death Proof was kickass except for all the talk talk talk talk talk.
Hmm I guess I did judge them together before though.

Egg on my face!

swolt

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 24, 2008, 06:06:10 AM
Death Proof, meh.

I felt the same. If they cut all the useless talk out it would have been an awesome 45 minute movie. I got too bored before the car chase at the end.

Planet Terror, on the other hand, is one of my all time favorites.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

swolt

Now that I think about it I might not have a fair opinion of Death Proof because I was distracted by Beefy slowly running popped kernels across his lips before placing them gently in his mouth. Beefy doesn't eat popcorn so much as make love to it.

VikingJuice

Quote from: swolt on March 24, 2008, 08:01:17 AM
Now that I think about it I might not have a fair opinion of Death Proof because I was distracted by Beefy slowly running popped kernels across his lips before placing them gently in his mouth. Beefy doesn't eat popcorn so much as make love to it.

<<snicker>>

I know what you mean.

eo000

This could be the best thing to come from all this.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11773

QuoteDanny Trejo Updates 'Machete'
Sunday, March 30, 2008

By: MrDisgusting

We ran into Danny Trejo at this past weekend's HorrorHound Weekend in Indiana where the popular genre actor told Bloody-Disgusting that Robert Rodriguez is still working on getting Machete off the ground and that he hopes the director will be ready when he finishes another project he is currently working on. He also confirms that Rodriguez will in fact direct the film, and not just produce it. In addition, Trejo breaks the news that Dimension Films is looking to turn MACHETE into a trilogy! Watch for more on this as it develops. After being betrayed by the organization who hired him, an ex-Federale (Trejo) launches a brutal rampage of revenge against his former boss.

Beefy

Also, Starz HD has been showing Grindhouse in its original theatrical cut, trailers and all.

Gamplayerx

Also, they have all the extras from the dvds on demand.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on April 17, 2010, 01:55:16 PM
Hey Swolt...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2721&p=.htm

hell yeah! That's the day before sara's birthday, I'll take her to see it