News:

3/7/05 Board opens.

Main Menu

Ghostbusters!

Started by Beefy, January 15, 2007, 09:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

I would love to play a game like that!  I might even buy a new PC just for that!

Yeah, I'm THAT geeky!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Alice

VikingJuice

If they could make a Ghostbusters game like Gears of War, I'd be stoked.  GOW is freakin' cool and I don't even have an XBox.

ReBurn

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on January 16, 2007, 04:20:54 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164211.html

Bittersweet.

If it gets made, they'll likely have to not use the likenesses of the original actors.  It would cost too much.  It would have to be new characters slogging it out.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on January 16, 2007, 04:30:33 PM

Bittersweet.

If it gets made, they'll likely have to not use the likenesses of the original actors.  It would cost too much.  It would have to be new characters slogging it out.

Bill Murray may still be expensive, but Dan Akroyd is doing cable commercials, and I haven't seen Harold Ramis or Ernie Hudson or...even Rick Moranis in anything lately.  How much could they cost?

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on January 16, 2007, 04:32:47 PM

Bittersweet.

Bill Murray may still be expensive, but Dan Akroyd is doing cable commercials, and I haven't seen Harold Ramis or Ernie Hudson or...even Rick Moranis in anything lately.  How much could they cost?

When doing something for this specific fictional property, arguably the high point of several of their careers, they can charge quite a bit.  One of the things that derailed the 3rd film was price of cast.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on January 16, 2007, 04:35:42 PM

Bittersweet.

When doing something for this specific fictional property, arguably the high point of several of their careers, they can charge quite a bit.  One of the things that derailed the 3rd film was price of cast.

I suppose you're right.  The other thing that derailed the 3rd film was the fact that the second one was almost completely without merit.

ReBurn

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on January 16, 2007, 04:38:45 PM

Bittersweet.

I suppose you're right.  The other thing that derailed the 3rd film was the fact that the second one was almost completely without merit.

The main thing that derailed the third film was Murray.  It was a package deal and he was being problematic.  He wanted to have a full paycheck for a much shorter screen time.  Also, he wanted to die and become a ghost in the film.  So then they tried to work around it having the old timers hand over to some newer Ghostbusters, but by that point Murray pulled out entirely.  Will Smith was once up to play a new Ghostbuster.  Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to get past all the legal crap and restart the franchise - there's definitely money to be made there.

Oh, and Peter MacNichol was awesome in Ghostbusters 2.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on January 16, 2007, 04:42:22 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on January 16, 2007, 04:38:45 PM

Bittersweet.

The main thing that derailed the third film was Murray.  It was a package deal and he was being problematic.  He wanted to have a full paycheck for a much shorter screen time.  Also, he wanted to die and become a ghost in the film.  So then they tried to work around it having the old timers hand over to some newer Ghostbusters, but by that point Murray pulled out entirely.  Will Smith was once up to play a new Ghostbuster.  Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to get past all the legal crap and restart the franchise - there's definitely money to be made there.

Oh, and Peter MacNichol was awesome in Ghostbusters 2.
Peter MacNichol was the only reason I said "Almost completely without merit" instead of "Completely without merit."

"Why am I drippings vit goo?"

BigDun

It's hard to believe that the kid who played the lead in the movie Dragonslayer grew up to be the geeky character on Ally McBeal, the foreign museum guy on GB II, and now the heavy politico on 24.

He does have range.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on January 16, 2007, 07:19:37 PM
It's hard to believe that the kid who played the lead in the movie Dragonslayer grew up to be the geeky character on Ally McBeal, the foreign museum guy on GB II, and now the heavy politico on 24.

He does have range.
And Stingo in Sophie's Choice.

BigDun

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 16, 2007, 07:22:39 PM

He does have range.

I never saw Sophie's Choice.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on January 16, 2007, 07:23:26 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 16, 2007, 07:22:39 PM

He does have range.

I never saw Sophie's Choice.
It's very good.  It's one of only 2 films that I really feel did the books they were based on justice.

Beefy

He is Viggo!  You are like the buzzing of flies to him!

VikingJuice

Oh Oscar, you poor baby, you're mother named you after a hotdog.