News:

9/7/05- 6 months! How the heck did we miss that date?? And you didn't even remember to get me a gift!

Main Menu

The Notebook

Started by Jessie, March 25, 2005, 11:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

I just watched thiis.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I read the book and liked it a lot, despite the fact that it was a love story and a girly kind of book, and I'm not usually too in to that kind of thing.

The movie was ok, but I am certainly in no mood for a love story.

I knew what was going to happen, too, so that probably took away from it.  It was ok, though.

Until the end.  I hate movies with stupid endings.  I won't give it away, but I don't remember the book ending the way the movie did.

Meh.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ignom

They either fell in love or someone died.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

nishi

Quote from: ignom on March 25, 2005, 11:23:58 PM
They either fell in love or someone died.

yes. you can see that in less than one second of the preview.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

noel

Jessie,  I have read the book as well...as a matter of fact...it's one of my favorite books.  I went to see a special screening of the movie when it came out...and I thought the book ended differently as well.  But I think it's a matter of who is reading it and what they believe happened. 

I remember being really upset when I saw the movie and saying that's not what happens!   :'(

eo000

I remember my wife renting this movie and being very glad i had another t.v. in my basement.

ursus

I was just wondering...

nishi

as far as i've been able to discern, "the notebook" is the purest form of "chik flik" known to man. it's purity is powerful enough that, if used correctly, could possibly destroy the world.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Jessie

Quote from: nishi on April 08, 2005, 11:44:40 AM
as far as i've been able to discern, "the notebook" is the purest form of "chik flik" known to man. it's purity is powerful enough that, if used correctly, could possibly destroy the world.

I don't like sappy romance novels, but I really enjoyed the book (this was several years ago, so maybe I'd hate it now).  I think part of the reason for that may be that it deals with Alzheimers, which my grandma had.  I don't know.

The movie was very meh for me, ESPECIALLY the ending.  My sister in law and Tyler's girlfriend have both watched it like 97 times though, and swear it is the best movie ever.

Of course, when we went to see Closer, I was the only one that liked it.  It is the anti-chick flick.

The dude in The Notebook was pretty hot, though.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.