News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

Should we pencil them in now...Pats/Cowboys SB 42

Started by VikingJuice, November 30, 2007, 12:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Someone on TF just made an interesting point:

A few years back everyone got all self-righteous and aghast when the world was subjected to some of Janet Jackson's nipple due to having no delay in place, but there seems to be no issue with a commercial of a big guy attaching jumped cables to his moobs and dancing around. 

eo000

Quote from: ReBurn on February 04, 2008, 08:37:30 AM
Quote from: Beefy on February 04, 2008, 07:58:56 AM
Eli Manning did NOT deserve MVP.  The Giants defense worked way harder, and more successfully, than he did.
Apparently he won it for that final drive. But I agree with you. It took him pretty much the whole game to muster up what he found in the last two and a half minutes.
this, along with the touchdown pass to Burress, were enough to make him the stand out performer.

The defense was the reason they won the game, but who could you give the mvp to? Tuck was the only one with more than one sack, and Butler had ten tackles, but that's about right for a strong safety.

ReBurn

I saw that commercial. I didn't make the connection, though. The guy on TF has a point. Maybe if Janet Jackson had attached jumper cables to her boobs and started to dance around the outcome would have been different. Apparently she was just doing it wrong.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on February 04, 2008, 09:13:35 AM
I saw that commercial. I didn't make the connection, though. The guy on TF has a point. Maybe if Janet Jackson had attached jumper cables to her boobs and started to dance around the outcome would have been different. Apparently she was just doing it wrong.

It's just an odd inconsistency of standards.

My mother last night complained about how violent the commercials were.  I had to remind her she was watching a football game.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on February 04, 2008, 10:10:47 AM

My mother last night complained about how violent the commercials were.  I had to remind her she was watching a football game.
She was probably talking about that grasshopper that was eaten by the lizards dancing to Thriller, wasn't she?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on February 04, 2008, 10:14:02 AM

She was probably talking about that grasshopper that was eaten by the lizards dancing to Thriller, wasn't she?

No, the Terminator ads mostly. 

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurn on February 04, 2008, 10:14:02 AM

That commercial was incomprehensible. 

dazie

Quote from: ReBurn on February 03, 2008, 10:57:08 PM
I'm now even more anxious for Iron Man to come out.

So's the guy at Time magazine:

Quote from: JAMES PONIEWOZIK
I'm not sure how much of this high-octane trailer has been in theaters already, but not having seen any of the footage, this trailer made me want to take a pill that will make me sleep a long dreamless sleep until May 2, then wake up and go to the theater immediately. So yeah, I'd say it did the job.

Grade: A
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?