News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

Observations upon a bike ride threw on of our Historical parks

Started by nallen, July 04, 2005, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nallen

As some of you know, I live within a short bike ride of Valley Forge, but I have never actually gone in to the real park.  instead I have stayed on the trails across the river.

It was the 4th of July, so I decided today would be a fine day to go cruising too the otherside of ther river.  Here are some observations, made without further comment:

The huts they stayed in are small, and without windows.

There are many memorials, all seem to say the same thing.

The Washington Memorial Chapel is a working Episcopalian Church. 

If you are a cute jogging girl you wear a white shirt with red shorts. 

If you are not so cute you wear pastel colors.

If you are a large hispainic family Valley forge is the place to go for the 4th.

Likewise if you are a German tourist.

The self-guided audio is available in both english and german.  yes, german.  Not other languages.

The canons are reproductions. 

The wider bike path with the double yellow line down th middle, isn't a bike path at all.

Drivers in PA have minimal respect for sharing the road with bikes.

That's all I recall for now...perhaps more later.
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

Beefy

I was sound man for a short film shot in Valley Forge back in 1993.

That's all I remember.

Um, there were trees.

dazie

Noel and Number 6 are descendants of Mad Anthony Wayne, for whom there is a street named in Valley Forge.

Valley Forge was the last battlefield DC and I visited.  We're way behind in our schedule.  *lol*
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

BigDun

My mother is a Daughter of the American Revolution (DAR for short) which means she can trace a lineage of mother/daughters back to the American Revolution. Since she had no daughters, the lineage stops with her.

On a side note: Nallen, did you get the bike mount kit for the interior of your Element? If so, how well does it work?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ReBurn

Quote from: BigDun on July 05, 2005, 12:11:07 AM
My mother is a Daughter of the American Revolution (DAR for short) which means she can trace a lineage of mother/daughters back to the American Revolution. Since she had no daughters, the lineage stops with her.

On a side note: Nallen, did you get the bike mount kit for the interior of your Element? If so, how well does it work?

Dar?

[attachment deleted by admin]
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

nallen

Quote from: BigDun on July 05, 2005, 12:11:07 AM

Actually no I did not get it, I can fit my bike in back just fine, so i figured i didn't need it.  I may re-figure later though.
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

SockmonkeyHolocaust