News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

Hostel

Started by Number 6, May 28, 2005, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number 6

January 6th.....i can't wait

Gamplayerx

Citizens demand more Bishness!

Beefy

Citizens demand Friday get here!

Jessie

Citizens demand a million dollars.

I sure hope this works.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on January 01, 2006, 09:40:03 PM

I sure hope this works.
But once you divide it up, you're probably better off getting a ride and going to work.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 01, 2006, 09:45:10 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 01, 2006, 09:40:03 PM

I sure hope this works.
But once you divide it up, you're probably better off getting a ride and going to work.
Good point.

Jessie

I just saw a commercial for this.  I have the feeling it would make me squirm more than Resevoir dogs, and that's a lot.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on January 02, 2006, 11:49:00 PM
I just saw a commercial for this.  I have the feeling it would make me squirm more than Resevoir dogs, and that's a lot.

This movie makes the torture scene in Reservoir Dogs look like an episode of Sesame Street.

The Miike cameo was at roughly the one hour mark.  It was the last thing I saw, for I walked out of the theater, unwilling to sit through the rest of the torture.

Granted, my anxiety levels are percolating today, so I'm not all that surprised.  But still, this was the first film I have ever willingly walked out of before it was finished.  I could barely stand to sit through the first torture scene, and knowing that what lied ahead was supposed to be even worse, I chose to leave.

I'll give it another shot next weekend.

After all these months of anticipation... walking around work this week repeating "Hostel" under my breath... I was the puss who walked out.  *sigh*

cnamon

I heard it was pretty hardcore.  I think if I am OK tomorrow afternoon, I will check it out.

Jessie

I'm taking Timothy to see it later tonight.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on January 07, 2006, 04:23:07 PM
I'm taking Timothy to see it later tonight.

He'll dig all of the Euroboobs.  There's plenty on display.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on January 07, 2006, 03:57:51 PM

This movie makes the torture scene in Reservoir Dogs look like an episode of Sesame Street.

The Miike cameo was at roughly the one hour mark.  It was the last thing I saw, for I walked out of the theater, unwilling to sit through the rest of the torture.

Granted, my anxiety levels are percolating today, so I'm not all that surprised.  But still, this was the first film I have ever willingly walked out of before it was finished.  I could barely stand to sit through the first torture scene, and knowing that what lied ahead was supposed to be even worse, I chose to leave.

After all these months of anticipation... walking around work this week repeating "Hostel" under my breath... I was the puss who walked out.  *sigh*

"I just don't understand people who would walk out on a movie." -- Takashi Miike

Way to be -that- guy, man...

Mr. Ubiquity

beef, in your honor, i will go see the movie all the way through for you.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

swolt

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 07, 2006, 10:28:28 PM

beef, in your honor, i will go see the movie all the way through for you.

as will I.

Junto needs to sell braclets that say "I saw hostel for beef". I'd buy one.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Infobahn

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Infobahn

meredith

this was a special movie.  there was no point...  a pure schadenfreude movie.  it made me a little uneasy.  if you get a chubby from gore or boobies, go see it, otherwise don't waste your time.  i saw some people squirming in the theater -- clearly trying to hide their chubbies.

there was no guessing in this movie, nothing unexpected.  seriously, it's only worth it if you want to see some blood and guts.

p.s.: i suck at movie reviews. i never remember anything, just the way i felt overall.

Number 6

really?

i saw two people leave and it was before the major torture scenes...i think they were slightly offended by the sex

personally i felt the torture was a bit lacking....and very laughable at times....but then i was the only person in the entire theater laughing.....

i skipped out of the theater and pondered watching it again....it is the best film i have seen in theaters that did not start at midnight.....great elements of sex, torture, horror and revenge

couple little small fun facts.....when they are at the whorehouse the song 'Massacre' by the dwarves is playing....a bit of forshadowing.....also something that truely made me smile was the fact that when the two main characters finaly bed down with their lovely roommates at the Hostel the song playing is a kind of techno remix of he seduction song from The Wicker Man....a nice ode to a classic film.....there is also a nice ode to the film Sucide Club

there were children there....and i don't mean teenagers....but a family that brought what i would say were 10 to 12 year olds....this i thought was impressive

out of ten i would give this film a 9

i am sure that the dvd will be unrated....as i felt that the torture scenes were cut.....so i am looking forward to that....but i am postitive that i will see this again as soon as possible

and if you are a single guy and can handle the imperfection called women....this is a great date film :)

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Number 6 on January 08, 2006, 03:51:07 PM

really?

i saw two people leave and it was before the major torture scenes...i think they were slightly offended by the sex

personally i felt the torture was a bit lacking....and very laughable at times....but then i was the only person in the entire theater laughing.....

i skipped out of the theater and pondered watching it again....it is the best film i have seen in theaters that did not start at midnight.....great elements of sex, torture, horror and revenge

couple little small fun facts.....when they are at the whorehouse the song 'Massacre' by the dwarves is playing....a bit of forshadowing.....also something that truely made me smile was the fact that when the two main characters finaly bed down with their lovely roommates at the Hostel the song playing is a kind of techno remix of he seduction song from The Wicker Man....a nice ode to a classic film.....there is also a nice ode to the film Sucide Club

there were children there....and i don't mean teenagers....but a family that brought what i would say were 10 to 12 year olds....this i thought was impressive

out of ten i would give this film a 9

i am sure that the dvd will be unrated....as i felt that the torture scenes were cut.....so i am looking forward to that....but i am postitive that i will see this again as soon as possible

and if you are a single guy and can handle the imperfection called women....this is a great date film :)

HAH!!!  your review just gave me a chubbie. 

The only movie that really made me go " ohhh wow, ouch" was "Passion of the Christ" only because its possible that was exactly what happened to a icon that many people believe in.

other than that, im all up for a gore movie that gives 4 chubbies.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Number 6

thank you

i skipped out of the christ film also

Beefy

really?

Try watching one of these things while having an anxiety attack.  It brings back horror to the horror movies.

ReBurn

I think I'm going to see it at lunchtime tomorrow.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on January 08, 2006, 04:29:52 PM
really?

Try watching one of these things while having an anxiety attack.  It brings back horror to the horror movies.

lucky... you have all the fun

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on January 08, 2006, 04:29:52 PM
really?

lucky... you have all the fun