News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Should we pencil them in now...Pats/Cowboys SB 42

Started by VikingJuice, November 30, 2007, 12:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Finally, the Bears were playing like a team I could really root for today.

Thank god for Captain Neckbeard.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on December 31, 2007, 01:50:31 AM
Finally, the Bears were playing like a team I could really root for today.

Thank god for Captain Neckbeard.

Orton will be the starter next year unless they land someone like McNabb.  He gets so little respect for what he's managed.  I didn't like the guy in college but you can't argue with his success in the pros.

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on December 31, 2007, 01:52:13 AM
Orton will be the starter next year unless they land someone like McNabb.  He gets so little respect for what he's managed.  I didn't like the guy in college but you can't argue with his success in the pros.

Did you watch any of the Bears game?  Or see any highlights?  Our running back threw a touchdown.  It was awesome.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on December 31, 2007, 12:49:38 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on December 31, 2007, 01:52:13 AM

Did you watch any of the Bears game?  Or see any highlights?  Our running back threw a touchdown.  It was awesome.

I didn't see this week's game but I saw last week's shellacking of the Pack!  That poor Packer punter had just about the worst day a single player could have in the NFL and definitely the worst day I can recall for any punter ever!!  It became comical after a while.

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on December 31, 2007, 01:23:46 PM
I didn't see this week's game but I saw last week's shellacking of the Pack!  That poor Packer punter had just about the worst day a single player could have in the NFL and definitely the worst day I can recall for any punter ever!!  It became comical after a while.

This weeks game was really good.  The best they've played all year, IMO.  But mostly because our offense was actually doing something and we had a huge amount of possession time this week.

eo000

Quote from: Alice on December 31, 2007, 01:27:37 PM

This weeks game was really good.  The best they've played all year, IMO.  But mostly because our offense was actually doing something and we had a huge amount of possession time this week.

finally got a good running game. :P

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on December 31, 2007, 01:33:28 PM

:(

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on December 31, 2007, 01:33:28 PM

Yeah, the OTHER Adrian Peterson has been playing well the second half of the season.  He's put up some decent numbers.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Double yay!

I was really disappointed at the Colts losing.  I think they were our only shot at New England being beaten.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 14, 2008, 03:18:59 PM
Double yay!

I was really disappointed at the Colts losing.  I think they were our only shot at New England being beaten.

I think you're probably right.

By the way, in case anyone likes totally random trivia, the conference finals will be exact rematches of week two.

I wanted the Cowboys to win because a Packer/Cowboy NFC championship is WAAAAY more compelling than a Giants/Packer championship.  The Giants just bore me to tears.

BigDun

Quote from: BigDun on December 09, 2007, 10:58:46 PM
I'm going with Patriots and Packers. And the Packers will pull out a miracle win.

I stand by my prediction.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Man, I'm glad I didn't get up and leave my folks' place when I thought the Pats had a lock.  What an awesome end to the game!

Pats looked sloppy tonight, and NY had shiat for an offense most of the time.

Belachek (sp?) was a douche for leaving the field before the clock ran out, even if he had already said his piece.

I bet Gisele has already broken up with Brady.

Commercials of the night: Wall-E versus the vacuum cleaner, the hot air balloons were a cute idea, the Clydesdale and the Dalmatian was really cute, but my vote ultimately has to go to the Doritos mousetrap commercial.  It genuinely surprised me, and had me literally guffawing when I realized what had happened.  Proof that these commercials don't need to cost a ton, just be fun.

Oh, and Welker should be MVP even if his team lost.  Eli certainly doesn't deserve it, and neither did Brady.

BigDun

I have to give the nod on the commercials to the Bridgestone ads.

There did seem to be a theme toward animals in the commercials this year.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

I liked that Doritos one, but I laughed the hardest at the baby making the e-trades then throwing up. 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

I'm now even more anxious for Iron Man to come out.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Quote from: ReBurn on February 03, 2008, 10:57:08 PM
I'm now even more anxious for Iron Man to come out.

I actually got shushed during that one.  SHUSHED.   >:(

But it does look pretty bitchin.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

I thought the Leatherheads trailer looked like a lot of fun.

I was surprised at how much they showed in the Iron Man trailer.  My parents' reaction - "Another Marvel movie?!"

VikingJuice

I guess that's why they play the game!!  The Giants D-Line was spectacular tonight!!  They harassed Brady all game long.  I've only seen one weak spot in Brady's game over the last several years and that is consistent pressure from the front 4 while covering with the other 7.  The Giants consistently had him hurrying and throwing out of his natural rhythm. 

I've had this theory developing for a while now but haven't discussed it too much.  I've noticed that when there is a Championship game with a point spread of over 10 points, the underdog has actually won a lot of those games.  I can think going all the way back to the NY Jets/Baltimore Colts in SBIII where the spread was something like 16 points and the Jets pulled a massive upset.  Also in the Rams/Pats SB in Jan 2002, the spread was 14 with the Rams heavily favored and the Pats pulled it.  This game was what...12.5 at kickoff?  And the Giants pulled the upset.  It seems that if the dog is less than 10 points, the outcome is typical with the fav winning but if the dog is 10 or more under, they seem to gain extra momentum somehow.

Oh, and I thought almost all the commercials were really WEAK!  Wal-E was cute, the horse/dog one was good and that was about it.

Man, what a huge disappointment for a team to go 18-0 and then blow it with just minutes to go in the final game.  Wow, Boston has got to be pissed right now.

Bennyhana

Quote from: VikingJuice on February 03, 2008, 11:41:54 PM
I guess that's why they play the game!!  The Giants D-Line was spectacular tonight!!  They harassed Brady all game long.  I've only seen one weak spot in Brady's game over the last several years and that is consistent pressure from the front 4 while covering with the other 7.  The Giants consistently had him hurrying and throwing out of his natural rhythm. 

I've had this theory developing for a while now but haven't discussed it too much.  I've noticed that when there is a Championship game with a point spread of over 10 points, the underdog has actually won a lot of those games.  I can think going all the way back to the NY Jets/Baltimore Colts in SBIII where the spread was something like 16 points and the Jets pulled a massive upset.  Also in the Rams/Pats SB in Jan 2002, the spread was 14 with the Rams heavily favored and the Pats pulled it.  This game was what...12.5 at kickoff?  And the Giants pulled the upset.  It seems that if the dog is less than 10 points, the outcome is typical with the fav winning but if the dog is 10 or more under, they seem to gain extra momentum somehow.

Oh, and I thought almost all the commercials were really WEAK!  Wal-E was cute, the horse/dog one was good and that was about it.

Man, what a huge disappointment for a team to go 18-0 and then blow it with just minutes to go in the final game.  Wow, Boston has got to be pissed right now.

I agree with Beefy-Belichick was a total douche for starting the charge onto the field when the game was not over, then leaving the arena before they'd managed to clear it to run the play required by NFL rules.

I was totally impressed with NY's Defense.  They often seemed to be everywhere- blitzing and in coverage at the same time.  It was amazing to watch.  The entire defense, including the coordinator, should get MVP's.  Brady's ass had a lot of grass stains on it.

But....who wants to see robert downey jr. as a superhero?  Did I miss a meeting in which it was decided every movie from geek literature is fodder for worship?

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on February 04, 2008, 12:27:22 AM
Quote from: VikingJuice on February 03, 2008, 11:41:54 PM

I agree with Beefy-Belichick was a total douche for starting the charge onto the field when the game was not over, then leaving the arena before they'd managed to clear it to run the play required by NFL rules.

I was totally impressed with NY's Defense.  They often seemed to be everywhere- blitzing and in coverage at the same time.  It was amazing to watch.  The entire defense, including the coordinator, should get MVP's.  Brady's ass had a lot of grass stains on it.

But....who wants to see robert downey jr. as a superhero?  Did I miss a meeting in which it was decided every movie from geek literature is fodder for worship?

Who better than to play a substance abuser?

ReBurn

Right. I couldn't think of anyone better to play Tony Stark than Robert Downey, Jr. Except maybe Lindsay Lohan.

eo000

Quote from: ReBurn on February 04, 2008, 07:07:57 AM
Right. I couldn't think of anyone better to play Tony Stark than Robert Downey, Jr. Except maybe Lindsay Lohan.
The trailer before Cloverfield was awesome.

Beefy

Eli Manning did NOT deserve MVP.  The Giants defense worked way harder, and more successfully, than he did.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on February 04, 2008, 07:58:56 AM
Eli Manning did NOT deserve MVP.  The Giants defense worked way harder, and more successfully, than he did.
Apparently he won it for that final drive. But I agree with you. It took him pretty much the whole game to muster up what he found in the last two and a half minutes.