News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Google really is mankinds savior

Started by swolt, June 07, 2006, 11:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

I haven't used OpenOffice in a long time.  I always thought it was a reallly good product, aside for the VM dependency.  But that was never reallly a problem that more RAM couldn't fix.  VBA is much improved in recent versions of Office, but the macros are still slower than they should be.  The tools for Office add-in in Visual Studio 2005 is much better.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Listener

Quote from: hatt on June 07, 2006, 10:59:27 PM
Quote from: Listener on June 07, 2006, 08:14:13 PM
Quote from: hatt on June 07, 2006, 02:28:21 PM
Quote from: swolt on June 07, 2006, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: hatt on June 07, 2006, 02:14:02 PM
i'd like it more if it weren't only hosted with google, what with the trusting them with your data and all.  (local data sources are also out of the picture.  does it allow linking between spreadsheets?)  but i can see this as handy for home and small business users.  they could have templates available for many common activities.

they just need to implement a complete AJAX-based office suite, and sell it on appliances like they do with the google search appliance.

I love it because it will compete with Excel. Now not everyone has to spend $300+ to get a decent spreadsheet

wuh?

http://www.openoffice.org/

it's at least as terrible to use as excel, possibly worse.  that would make any accountant's day.

NOTHING could be as toe-tappingly-tragic as OpenOffice.  It takes forever to load, the autocorrect feature is a monstrosity to configure, and .sxc files aren't compatible with ANYTHING.

you haven't touched it since release 2 at least.  (snip)

You're probably right about that.  The company installed 1.1 on all our work computers to save money by not giving us MS Office... but every time we send a machine back to the home office, they install MS Office on it anyway.  How peculiar.