News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

Incubus

Started by WileE, April 18, 2006, 01:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WileE

I have really, really, really been into Incubus of late.  Before them, it was Kyuss.  I suppose they are similar in a few ways, most of which the way in which they throw traditional structure to the wind and really do some interesting things with their musics.

I go through phases like this, where I will get on a kick for a given band, and go back through my collection and just listen to all of it over and over.  When I do this, I am seldom disappointed because I always find a few gems that I never really listened to much the earlier times through. 

I had heard "Nice To Know You" on the radio (back when I listened to the radio alot) and bought the disk Morning View.  I had been into the hits from Incubus..."Pardon Me", "Stellar", etc... The ones that got airplay.  Well, the first time through Morning View was no different, I listened to "Nice To Know You", and "Wish You Were Here" (Man was I relieved to see this was not a cover of Pink Floyd...that would be sacriledge).  Well, back when I was still doing my online radio show, I started listening to some of my disks again, to get some different music to play, and I found "11a.m.", which I think may be my favorite track on Morning View.  It has great lyrics -- an interesting story, good melody, and great texture.  I think the texture of the music is what I like most about Incubus.  A nice, chunky rythum guitar that is just saturated to hell and back, great percussion, and a nice round bass line.  Add in a little scratch in the back, and the flowing lyrics, and it kicks ass.  Makes me miss my show.  :)

Of course, those of you who are not into music all that much will simply think me odd, which is cool...cause I am, at least for the rest of the year.   ;)    More ramblings to follow, so don't you go changin'.
Snakes on a mutha-f%$#in' plane!!!

"The Temple of Syrnix is havin' the bake sale of the year."

Jessie

I keep thinking you're VikingJuice.  I don't know why.

I love music.  I've never listened to Incubus much, but it came on my Pandora the other day and I liked it.  I may have to check them out more. 
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

meredith

11 a.m. is a good song on that album.  I also like Echo and Aqueous Transmission from that one.  For those without copies, I'm putting a post in Yay! (non-public) with links.

http://www.juntoonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=7616.0
oops this post linked to itself

Listener

I've never really been into Incubus.  It seems to much like "singers who are mad at their dad".  But I won't deny they have some talent.

Right now I'm into the single from Angels And Airwaves, and also Panic! At The Disco.

meredith

mad at their dad?  i don't think you've had a good sample.

i'm linking another track

Listener

Quote from: hattmoward on April 18, 2006, 11:23:10 AM

"Seems".

I dunno, I've listened to three or four of their songs (mostly the ones that get heavy airplay) and just wasn't blown out of the park or anything.

meredith

Quote from: Listener on April 18, 2006, 11:28:42 AM
Quote from: hattmoward on April 18, 2006, 11:23:10 AM

"Seems".

I dunno, I've listened to three or four of their songs (mostly the ones that get heavy airplay) and just wasn't blown out of the park or anything.

see the post linked above  :)