News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Poltergeist Clown

Started by Gamplayerx, July 20, 2005, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Does anyone have Poltergeist on DVD that could take a screenshot of that scary clown?  Grumpus wants to do a photoshop for this thread http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1580841 (sorry, TF only until the 22nd), and that's the only idea I can come up with, but I can't find a good clown.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 20, 2005, 06:18:38 PM
Does anyone have Poltergeist on DVD that could take a screenshot of that scary clown?  Grumpus wants to do a photoshop for this thread http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1580841 (sorry, TF only until the 22nd), and that's the only idea I can come up with, but I can't find a good clown.

I always hated that clown.  He scared the shit out of me when I was a kid!!  Sorry, I'm no help on the DVD.  Check with Beef, I think he has it.

Gamplayerx

BEEFY!  Log on to the internets and help me out here!

Beefy

Yeah I have it.  Which shot?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on July 20, 2005, 07:05:03 PM
Yeah I have it.  Which shot?
Whichever one would be easiest to insert in the photoshop thread I linked.  Like, coming out from under the bed.

Beefy

Gamplayerx

BigDun

Be sure to post it here so we can all be creeped out.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

It's not working on my home PC for some reason.  When I pause the film and do a print screen, the screen just ends up black.

Let me take it into work tomorrow and see what I can do.  I'm not sure it'll be any better than what I found with Google:

Gamplayerx

:(  Thanks for trying. 

I was hoping for the clown alone.

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 20, 2005, 07:30:36 PM
:(  Thanks for trying. 

I was hoping for the clown alone.

There are no shots of the evil version of the clown without the boy in them.  There is a shot of the pre-evil clown by itself sitting on a chair.

Gamplayerx

That'd work.  Grumpus could just put it on top of the bed like it's waiting for her.

BigDun

Quote from: Beefy on July 20, 2005, 07:29:40 PM
It's not working on my home PC for some reason.  When I pause the film and do a print screen, the screen just ends up black.

Let me take it into work tomorrow and see what I can do.  I'm not sure it'll be any better than what I found with Google:

DVD player software on the PC uses the video overlay function of the graphics card. The window is really black as far as Windows is concerned. Most DVD software includes a Capture Screen fucntion that will grab the print screen.

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on July 20, 2005, 07:33:07 PM
Quote from: Beefy on July 20, 2005, 07:29:40 PM

DVD player software on the PC uses the video overlay function of the graphics card. The window is really black as far as Windows is concerned. Most DVD software includes a Capture Screen fucntion that will grab the print screen.

Duh.  Of course you're right.  I didn't see a still grab functionality, but I'll look.

Beefy

Perhaps he can have it sit behind the bed?

Gamplayerx

Awesome.  Thanks!  I'll see what he can do with it.

Photoshop still mystifies me.

Beefy

If that doesn't work, he can always take the little girl and Photoshop her into the inside of NASA's Vomit Comet during microgravity simulation.

http://images.google.com/images?q=vomit+comet&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

BigDun

This is a great way to learn PhotoShop. I learned on a trip to Ireland but she travels all over the world.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on July 20, 2005, 07:42:00 PM
If that doesn't work, he can always take the little girl and Photoshop her into the inside of NASA's Vomit Comet during microgravity simulation.

http://images.google.com/images?q=vomit+comet&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images
That's not a bad idea!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on July 20, 2005, 07:44:03 PM
This is a great way to learn PhotoShop. I learned on a trip to Ireland but she travels all over the world.
I'm not sure I can get to Washington State or Greece for her next workshops.

eo000

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 20, 2005, 07:47:00 PM
Quote from: BigDun on July 20, 2005, 07:44:03 PM
I'm not sure I can get to Washington State or Greece for her next workshops.

if you get to the one in washington, there's a farm you should check out.

Gamplayerx

I am not having sex with a horse!

eo000

they have other animals.  :-X

Gamplayerx

Just mark me down for anti-beastiality.  I like my internal organs.

BigDun

We like your internal organs too.

Jessie

I didn't realize that Poltergeist was a humanity or a fine art.

Ya learn somethin' new every day.

That bastard scared the crap out of me.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Anything with Craig T. Nelson in it is high art.  Take Action Jackson or Coach for example.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurninator on July 21, 2005, 08:07:29 AM
Anything with Craig T. Nelson in it is high art.

Damn right.

++

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurninator on July 21, 2005, 08:07:29 AM
Anything with Craig T. Nelson in it is high art.  Take Action Jackson or Coach for example.

Don't forget that fabulous hunk of crap movie where he battles the shark/man/creature thing on land.  I call it the Land Shark movie.

Alice

Be nice to Craig.  :(  My grandfather knew him and liked him a lot.

Beefy

I wasn't bullshittin'.  Craig is the man.  The Incredibles is the most recent evidence of this.