News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

website Re-design!

Started by nallen, April 17, 2005, 12:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. SM Holocaust

Quote from: nallen on April 18, 2005, 09:52:44 PM
ok, I changed the menu again, what do you think now?  It's a pull down menu this time.  I tried playing with flash tonight, but it doesn't appear  that it will do a simple menu, unless the whole site is done in Flash.  For the time being it looks ok, but if I go to add another gallery this style could be a problem.  Thoughts?

I think it looks good the way it is. It doesn't overwhelm the subject of the site- which is your art. I wish more people did simple sites like this.

Gamplayerx

The gallery menu is now on top of the leaf in the middle and goes behind the main frame so half of the flowers link is behind it and there's no animals llink.  At least in IE.

nallen

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 19, 2005, 06:27:25 AM
The gallery menu is now on top of the leaf in the middle and goes behind the main frame so half of the flowers link is behind it and there's no animals llink.  At least in IE.

It's an IE issue, it displays fine on all teh other browsers.   I'll have to add a table tonight to fix teh relative positions of the buttons.  Damn IE.  Yesterday it wasn't displaying the menu at all.
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

Youphoric

I like it, Nall!  (With the obvious exception of the quasi-freaky)

One thing, not sure if it's intended but when I click on the Trees I see a 1 pixel grey border on a few of the images.

Gamplayerx

Looking at it now with Firefox - last tree in the gallery still 404s.  And the last leaf in the gallery goes to maple leaves instead of necklaces.  And why do you have two links for Tea's spi**r in the gallery? 

nallen

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 19, 2005, 06:32:38 PM
Looking at it now with Firefox - last tree in the gallery still 404s.  And the last leaf in the gallery goes to maple leaves instead of necklaces.  And why do you have two links for Tea's spi**r in the gallery? 

Let me look in to it. 

nallen

geesh I swear I fixed those. working on it now.  Thanks for pointing it out.

nallen

Quote from: Mr. SM Holocaust on April 18, 2005, 09:57:47 PM
Quote from: nallen on April 18, 2005, 09:52:44 PM
ok, I changed the menu again, what do you think now?  It's a pull down menu this time.  I tried playing with flash tonight, but it doesn't appear  that it will do a simple menu, unless the whole site is done in Flash.  For the time being it looks ok, but if I go to add another gallery this style could be a problem.  Thoughts?

I think it looks good the way it is. It doesn't overwhelm the subject of the site- which is your art. I wish more people did simple sites like this.

I'm trying to keep it that way, just struggling with the technical stuff,  I want the pictures to be really simple to get to.  I'd like this pull done menu to work a bit better with the frames.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: nallen on April 19, 2005, 06:57:56 PM
geesh I swear I fixed those. working on it now.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Anytime!