News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

Sin City Sequels

Started by Bishamonten, April 28, 2005, 10:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

JoBlo has brought some exciting news this morning as I woke up. News about sequels for Sin City.

Now for the news that I'm sure most people will agree is absolutely great. Robert Rodriguez will be shooting back to back sequels for SIN CITY 2 and 3 starting February of next year for a release presumably summer of 2007.

As for Sin City, well I haven't seen it but the comments on this site alone are enough to show that it's a stylish and cool story and well deserving of more. In fact it needs more, a couple comments I've seen have been around the fact that there is so much to tell about these characters and there just wasn't enough time in the first movie. Is this good news? Are you up for a trilogy, or should the movie be left as is, Matrix anyone?

from The Movie Blog

BigDun

I picked up the one of the original graphic novels in a local bookshop over the weekend and it read like the movies storyboard. The movie was so faithful to the original artwork and dialog it was scary. Assuming he follows suite in number 2 and 3, I have no worries.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Bishamonten

Quote from: BigDun on April 28, 2005, 10:34:42 AM
I picked up the one of the original graphic novels in a local bookshop over the weekend and it read like the movies storyboard. The movie was so faithful to the original artwork and dialog it was scary. Assuming he follows suite in number 2 and 3, I have no worries.
Nor do I.  Apparently he was going to film "To Hell and Back" with Johnny Depp as the main character - which fits perfectly in my opinion. 

Beefy

My main concern is too much.  Sin City offers up a huge heaping helping of sex and violence and style.  Tons of it.  I'm a big of fan of sex and violence, but I think there is a point of pushing that button so much that you become desensitized to it.  Then where does that leave you?  Pulp storylines that are fun but don't have any real depth.

I think if he does it he needs to bring something new to the table.  For starters, no rehiring Alba or Murphy.  Or Madsen.

Dry then Catch

you know i would kill every single one of you to get a chance at Alba, but she was one flat character point to an otherwise interesting movie. 

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 28, 2005, 12:00:59 PM
you know i would kill every single one of you to get a chance at Alba

Duly noted.

Alice

Bishamonten

Awesome.  Hopefully they cast Clive Owen again.

Dry then Catch

how will they outdo the first one?  The only way to go is full close up vaginal penetration

Gamplayerx

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 23, 2005, 08:42:00 AM
Quote from: Beefy on April 28, 2005, 10:39:27 AM
Or Madsen.

But I'm in love with Michael Madsen.  :(

I didn't know you even knew Creepy_Monkey. 

Beefy

Michael Madsen was one of the worst parts of that film.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on May 23, 2005, 01:18:35 PM
Michael Madsen was one of the worst parts of that film.

But one of the best parts of being alive.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 23, 2005, 12:58:26 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 23, 2005, 08:42:00 AM
Quote from: Beefy on April 28, 2005, 10:39:27 AM
Or Madsen.

But I'm in love with Michael Madsen.  :(

I didn't know you even knew Creepy_Monkey. 

watch out there may be poision waiting for you if you horn in on the C_M

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on May 23, 2005, 01:30:53 PM
watch out there may be poision waiting for you if you horn in on the C_M