News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

Couch

Started by Listener, January 19, 2006, 11:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this before.

We have a couch currently in the garage.  We'd meant to put it in the basement, but even after installing a larger basement-to-garage doorway, it's still too big.  We have nowhere in the house to put it.  It's a dark-blue sleeper sofa with two large accent pillows.  It probably needs to be de-cat-hair-ified.  It's got four wooden feet so it's easy to slide across the carpet when you want to move it around a room.  Original cost was $900; we'd like to get at least $450 for it, but at this point getting it out of the garage would be even better.

If you would like to put in a serious offer, let me know and I'll try to take some pictures of it this weekend.  You must provide transportation from Marietta, GA, but then, it would be a good opportunity to meet my cats.  You know, if you like cats.

Jessie

You might get a better response on Craigslist, since none of us live in Atlanta.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Listener

Quote from: Jessie on January 19, 2006, 12:01:31 PM
You might get a better response on Craigslist, since none of us live in Atlanta.

Yeah, I know.  But I figured I'd take a shot.

Thing is, for craigslist, I need to actaully get off my ass and take the pictures.  And I'm lazy.

Jessie

It's pretty funny that it won't fit though.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

I would take it - but it would cost too much to ship and get cleaned.  Sorry.

Listener

Quote from: Jessie on January 19, 2006, 12:06:08 PM

Yeah, it seems funny... except that we paid the door installer an extra hundred bucks to widen the hole so it would fit (and we bought a slightly-larger door as well).

*grumble*

I was perfectly happy leaving it upstairs in the living room, but my wife (correctly) complained that it made the room too cluttered.  Plus, she wants to get the organ from her parents' house and put it in the living room, and there'd really be no room if the couch was there.

DownSouth

That must be a big organ.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Quote from: DownSouth on January 19, 2006, 12:19:56 PM
That must be a big organ.
It's probably the large intestine.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Listener on January 19, 2006, 12:13:39 PM

Yeah, it seems funny... except that we paid the door installer an extra hundred bucks to widen the hole so it would fit (and we bought a slightly-larger door as well).

*grumble*

I was perfectly happy leaving it upstairs in the living room, but my wife (correctly) complained that it made the room too cluttered.  Plus, she wants to get the organ from her parents' house and put it in the living room, and there'd really be no room if the couch was there.

What you should've done is put the couch down after the guy ripped the old door out and did the demo, but before he framed in for the new door.  You'd just be stuck with it down there forever.  Or until you were okay with cutting it up.

Listener

Quote from: Bennyhana on January 19, 2006, 12:56:44 PM
Quote from: Listener on January 19, 2006, 12:13:39 PM

*grumble*

What you should've done is put the couch down after the guy ripped the old door out and did the demo, but before he framed in for the new door.  You'd just be stuck with it down there forever.  Or until you were okay with cutting it up.

Yeah, I should've.  But I measured, and told the guy we MUST have (I think it was) 36 inches of clearance.  I dunno.  We got a discount so it wasn't all bad.

dazie

Is your real name Dirk Gently?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

Listener

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 19, 2006, 03:23:46 PM
Quote from: dazie on January 19, 2006, 02:34:29 PM
Haha!

I get the reference (DG'sHDA) but I don't know why.  Help.

dazie

Quote from: Listener on January 19, 2006, 03:38:30 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 19, 2006, 03:23:46 PM
Quote from: dazie on January 19, 2006, 02:34:29 PM
Haha!

I get the reference (DG'sHDA) but I don't know why.  Help.

There's a couch stuck in the stairwell.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?