News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

Microsoft Update

Started by Jessie, November 08, 2005, 08:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Since when do you have to install a validation tool to run Microsoft Update?  WTF?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Since they started looking harder for people with pirated versions of Windows.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Yeah.  They are using it to prevent access to Windows Update if they find out that the copy of Windows you are running is invalid.  They won't prevent you from getting critical updates, but other bug fixes and updates to media player and stuff like that might stop working.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Randolph Scott on November 08, 2005, 09:09:02 AM
Yeah.  They are using it to prevent access to Windows Update if they find out that the copy of Windows you are running is invalid.  They won't prevent you from getting critical updates, but other bug fixes and updates to media player and stuff like that might stop working.

in other words, the microsoft winjunk software they installed for your * convienance* doesnt need updated.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 08, 2005, 11:06:33 AM

in other words, the microsoft winjunk software they installed for your * convienance* doesnt need updated.
Or, the microsoft winjunk you didn't pay for isn't going to get updated anymore and the free ride is over.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Randolph Scott on November 08, 2005, 11:07:45 AM

Or, the microsoft winjunk you didn't pay for isn't going to get updated anymore and the free ride is over.

that too, but for most people if they are on a free ride for xp, they probably dont use most of the winjunk software and use working 3rd party software, which is also probably under the free ride installation policy.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 08, 2005, 11:09:03 AM

that too, but for most people if they are on a free ride for xp, they probably dont use most of the winjunk software and use working 3rd party software, which is also probably under the free ride installation policy.
Third party software is what the mailicious software removal tool is all about.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Randolph Scott on November 08, 2005, 11:10:03 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 08, 2005, 11:09:03 AM

Third party software is what the mailicious software removal tool is all about.

of course.   anything that isnt owned or created by Micro$oft is considered malicious..