News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

I think this is kind of dumb

Started by Beefy, May 10, 2007, 06:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Oh god.  Hatari and Auntie Mame would be NC-17!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

Gamplayerx

Want to hear another stupid thing?

Actually, don't bother to answer that, I'm going to tell you regardless of your response.

My step-brother bought me a $50 eBay gift certificate.  And sent it to an e-mail address that I don't have a Paypal account with.  So I tried to add that email address to my Paypal account, but it wouldn't let me - said I already had a Paypal account under that address.  I tried to log in under that address, but didn't know the password.  Asked for the password to be sent to me, but when I got the link, it said it couldn't let me reset the password and I would need to call.  After 45 minutes on the phone to a long-distance number (why didn't I call from my cell phone?  I don't know, I'm just an idiot), turns out that back in 2001, I started setting up a Paypal account with that address, but abandoned the endeavor halfway through.  So I couldn't get the password because I never entered any financial information and couldn't enter any financial information because I didn't have a password.  Unfortunately, Paypal couldn't just transfer the email address to my real Paypal account or just delete the ghost Paypal account.

Bottom line is that they refunded the gift certificate to my step-brother.  Odds on him sending me a new one?

The dumbest part of all of this is my phone call probably cost almost $50.

Alice