News:

3/7/05 Board opens.

Main Menu

gloat

Started by dazie, December 25, 2005, 11:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

The kids got me wooden knitting needles for Christmas.  (one from each kid.  ??)

I am in knitter's heaven.  If I'd known how nice they felt to use I'd have gotten pairs years ago.  Now I have to go spend a fortune to replace all my craptacular acrylic and aluminum ones with gorgeous wooden ones.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Quote from: ReBurn on December 25, 2005, 11:59:16 PM
You got a goat?

No- I'm knitting a goat.  Pay attention.

ReBurn

Jessie

I thought recently that I'd like to try knitting.  Then I remembered that I don't have time, and I never finish anything I start, anyw
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on December 26, 2005, 01:33:40 AM
I thought recently that I'd like to try knitting.  Then I remembered that I don't have time, and I never finish anything I start, anyw

It's kind of relaxing- I wouldn't go so far as to say "fun" but I like it.  You can do it while watching TV... 

BigDun

My wife knits constantly and I'm always amazed at how few projects she finishes.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on December 26, 2005, 11:17:35 AM

It's kind of relaxing- I wouldn't go so far as to say "fun" but I like it.  You can do it while watching TV... 
That's when she is on the internet.  Sheesh!

dazie

Quote from: ReBurn on December 26, 2005, 11:49:40 AM

I knit when I'm on the internet too...

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on December 26, 2005, 11:54:15 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on December 26, 2005, 11:49:40 AM

I knit when I'm on the internet too...
Did you make yourself a mouse cozy?  Those would probably be really popular.

sapphirehart

I'm glad you got a set of wooden knitting needles.  Haven't you been wanting a set for a while?

dazie

Quote from: sapphirehart on December 26, 2005, 08:43:32 PM
I'm glad you got a set of wooden knitting needles.  Haven't you been wanting a set for a while?

I have.  I found out today why each kid gave me one- it's a $20 pair of knitting needles!  Yikes!

Mr. Ubiquity

same with poppin the heads of chickens...  just like  dandylion. 
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

dazie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 27, 2005, 11:50:40 AM

mmm.  Chicken heads.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on December 27, 2005, 11:53:46 AM

mmm.  Chicken heads.
if you have a stick, you can suck on them like lollypops... or.. just have them in a bowl with soy milk.  WHOOOOOHHH!
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 27, 2005, 11:59:17 AM

mmm.  Chicken heads.
  if you have a stick, you can suck on them like lollypops... or.. just have them in a bowl with soy milk.  WHOOOOOHHH!
I worked in a heavily rural grocery store when I was a teenager and the old people in the country would buy the chicken heads and feet if we packaged them in trays.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on December 27, 2005, 12:00:16 PM

mmm.  Chicken heads.
I worked in a heavily rural grocery store when I was a teenager and the old people in the country would buy the chicken heads and feet if we packaged them in trays.

if you dried the heads out just right i suppose you could make a pea shooter.

dazie

mmm.  Chicken heads.

WTF did they use them for?  Broth?

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on December 27, 2005, 12:06:47 PM

mmm.  Chicken heads.

I know that they used the feet for stews, but I don't know what they used the heads for.  The entire summer of my 16th year was spent cutting up chickens to increase gross profit.  They came in plucked and gutted, and I got to do the rest.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on December 27, 2005, 12:11:06 PM

mmm.  Chicken heads.

I know that they used the feet for stews, but I don't know what they used the heads for.  The entire summer of my 16th year was spent cutting up chickens to increase gross profit.  They came in plucked and gutted, and I got to do the rest.
when i was growin up, less than 10, mom used to go to a friends house who owned a chicken farm and helped chop and pluck the chickens.    and no, that didnt make me veggie.   when i was 13 my firend and i BEGGED his dad to take us through the kill floor at ibp.. so we went start to finish from the stunnin to sawin the carcass in 1/2 to slide into the freezer..  Interesting, but nasty sh**

nishi

mmm.  Chicken heads.

well, not broth exactly, since that implies that you're adding something to it later. there's a lot of very nutritious stuff in there - the brain, the tongue, the bone marrow, and the combs. so, they probably cooked them down and then ate them as part of the soup. certainly plenty of people just eat the feet, whether they're in a stew or not. after a certain point, you can't really afford to not eat certain parts of animals.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: nishi on December 27, 2005, 01:42:44 PM

mmm.  Chicken heads.

well, not broth exactly, since that implies that you're adding something to it later. there's a lot of very nutritious stuff in there - the brain, the tongue, the bone marrow, and the combs. so, they probably cooked them down and then ate them as part of the soup. certainly plenty of people just eat the feet, whether they're in a stew or not. after a certain point, you can't really afford to not eat certain parts of animals.

frog legs
chicken feet
sweet breads
rocky mountain oysters

what a wonderful place we live..

id sure had to offer disability insurance to mother naturees children.

cnamon

My aunt had pigs feet, chicken feet, and shittlins for dinner on Christmas.  I stuck to turkey and mac and cheese.

Jessie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 27, 2005, 01:51:41 PM

mmm.  Chicken heads.

frog legs
chicken feet
sweet breads
rocky mountain oysters

Could someone decipher that last line for me?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Jessie on December 27, 2005, 03:43:51 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 27, 2005, 01:51:41 PM

mmm.  Chicken heads.

frog legs
chicken feet
sweet breads
rocky mountain oysters

Could someone decipher that last line for me?

had = hate