News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

BEEstung opening

Started by beestung7, June 06, 2005, 06:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Quote from: dc on June 11, 2005, 03:51:51 PM
I've been given a camera that contains a picture of the grand opening featuring Nate, Hollie and a bunch of squirrels in a guy suit.   I will post it later when I can get it off the camera and resized.

Yay!

eo000

let me get this straight. there is a bunch of squirrels in one big grey suit?

Gamplayerx

Make with the pictures already!  Sheesh!

beestung7, I hope you had a wonderful opening and that you enjoy success unparalled.  And that dc figures out how to post pictures.

dc

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 11, 2005, 07:42:42 PM

beestung7, I hope you had a wonderful opening and that you enjoy success unparalled.  And that dc figures out how to post pictures.

Give me a chance to get done with work!  And then I'll need some time to touch up the picture and make sure there are no squirrel tails visible....

Where's Nate?  I bet he went to commune with the "sons of the soil" at the York Expo Center.  They were having "The World's Biggest Yard Sale" there today, and he seemed awfully interested in it.....

Jessie

Quote from: dc on June 11, 2005, 08:21:36 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 11, 2005, 07:42:42 PM

Give me a chance to get done with work!  And then I'll need some time to touch up the picture and make sure there are no squirrel tails visible....

Where's Nate?  I bet he went to commune with the "sons of the soil" at the York Expo Center.  They were having "The World's Biggest Yard Sale" there today, and he seemed awfully interested in it.....

I would think that his experience with The World's Most Awesome Flea Market would have traumatized him enough to keep him from going to the world's most awesome or biggest anything where they sell used crap.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

nishi

i cannot believe we're still waiting on this photo. have the squirrels lost their technical touch, or what?
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

dc

The Storefront

The Studio

The Shop

L to R: Squirrels masquerading as a person, Nate, Hollie

nishi

i must say that the squirrels aren't doing a very great job..... that hardly even seems lifelike!
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

dc

Well, you can't blame them....  It was about 400 degrees there.  Plus, wearing the suit made it hotter.

nishi

look - one of them is even starting to fall out of the costume, right there over your right ankle....
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nallen

It was pretty amusing getting out to the York area.   Not nearly as dorky as Gamp makes it sound.   I drove back through Lancaster county, and saw a bunch of Amish guys plowing fields and stuff.  But then I got back and the dsl modem is having issues, well, the combination of the router and the dsl modem is causing issues, and that's what I have been doing all evening.  What fun!

The store really looks great, and there were a lot fo people who showed up.  I'm going to turn out a few things to put in it as well I think.  Some dragonflies, and maple trees sound good.  I will have to figure out how to make honeybees just on general principle.
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

dc

Quote from: nallen on June 12, 2005, 12:28:36 AM
It was pretty amusing getting out to the York area.   Not nearly as dorky as Gamp makes it sound.   I drove back through Lancaster county, and saw a bunch of Amish guys plowing fields and stuff.  But then I got back and the dsl modem is having issues, well, the combination of the router and the dsl modem is causing issues, and that's what I have been doing all evening.  What fun!

The store really looks great, and there were a lot fo people who showed up.  I'm going to turn out a few things to put in it as well I think.  Some dragonflies, and maple trees sound good.  I will have to figure out how to make honeybees just on general principle.

Well, what did you buy at the World's Greatest Yardsale?

beestung7

now that it's all said and done, i have to say the squirrels were just a bit distracting ( stealing food and running up one poor womans skirt) but dc you did a great job touching up the pictures. I wouldn't have even noticed if nishi hadn't mentioned it.

and i got some "fresh meat" out of the visit since nallen is promising to bring me pretty things...which i will hold him to ...i can't believe you dissed the Yardsale for the amish farmers. I bet they didn';'t offer you overpriced greasy food and garbage they pulled out of their attics?

thanks again guys :)

if you think you're bulletproof, you're right
because you've weathered all my slings and arrows well
if you think i'm paranoid, that's fine
cause i've got evidence on my side

Infobahn

I fell madly in love with a girl from York PA when I was at Arizona State University.

Damn she was hot.

nallen

Quote from: dc on June 12, 2005, 12:33:37 AM

I didn't see the yardsale actually.  I did drive past the "Dutch Wonderland" which evoked some interesting imagery in my twisted mind.   Also, it seems the biggest commerial draw of Lancaster County is the Amish, a group of people who are turned their backs on materialism.  Irony?
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

dc

Quote from: nallen on June 12, 2005, 09:18:17 AM
Quote from: dc on June 12, 2005, 12:33:37 AM

I didn't see the yardsale actually.  I did drive past the "Dutch Wonderland" which evoked some interesting imagery in my twisted mind.   Also, it seems the biggest commerial draw of Lancaster County is the Amish, a group of people who are turned their backs on materialism.  Irony?

Actually, the "turning their backs on materialism" is a really good tourist draw.  That's why the power lines into the houses are underground for those that don't completely follow it.  They're well aware of the tourists, and it's amazing how many Amish businesses there are in the area.  I think many in Lancaster County have devolved more into living historians than devout Amish.

Gamplayerx

The shop is so cute!

dc, I think you need to bargain with the squirrels to give you some arms. 

DownSouth

Very nice place.  I hope you do really well.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 12, 2005, 09:26:36 AM
The shop is so cute!

dc, I think you need to bargain with the squirrels to give you some arms. 

He left them in Nishi's closet, remember?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

dazie

Alice

Gamplayerx

Damn.  Didn't take very long for someone to comment on that, huh?

dazie