News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

Accepting the inevitable...

Started by dazie, February 02, 2007, 04:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

So I went to talk with my advisor today.  70 of my credits from Penn State transferred to KU, and if I were still aiming for a French, Technical Writing & Translation degree I'd be set.

But I'm not.  :)

I'm going to head toward a history degree.  It feels comfortable, and I have an interest in it.

The big drag is I have to take two math classes.  My math credits didn't transfer.  UGH.  I didn't like college algebra 20 years ago, why do they think I'll do any better now??
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

DownSouth

You can program games into those TI calculators.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

BigDun

I loved algebra. It is still one of the most useful skills I learned in school. You would be surprised how often solving an equation to figure out the value of X comes in handy.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

My boss accuses me of having absolutely no left brain whatsoever.  :)

I know it'll be easier this time around, but ugh.  I don't really want to take math again.

Gamplayerx

I also loved algebra.

KU will also probably make you take other stupid classes that you've either taken before or have no real need to take.  Maryland made me take their lab science and their upper level writing class and their international diversity class.

dazie

OH- I have to take a lab science too.  My "rocks for jocks" geology class doesn't count as a lab science at KU.

SUCKS.

DownSouth

Since you are interested in history I'll just tell you Latin American history was my favorite class ever.  Very interesting.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on February 02, 2007, 04:41:33 PM
Since you are interested in history I'll just tell you Phillipino Ladyboy history was my favorite class ever.  Very interesting.

CHRIST, WE KNOW ALREADY

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on February 02, 2007, 05:37:46 PM
Quote from: DownSouth on February 02, 2007, 04:41:33 PM
Since you are interested in history I'll just tell you Phillipino Ladyboy history was my favorite class ever.  Very interesting.

CHRIST, WE KNOW ALREADY
that DS. what a card. just can't get enough of those ladyboys.