News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Ghost Rider revealed

Started by Beefy, December 21, 2005, 06:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

Nice. By the same guy that did Darebevil and Elektra.

However, it does take true talent to make Jennifer Garner look not-hot (in Elektra)
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: swolt on December 21, 2005, 09:40:12 AM

However, it does take true talent to make Jennifer Garner look not-hot (in Elektra)

so your general consensus is thats shes hot?   her strong but feminine jawline doesnt bother ya?
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

What an awful film that was.

Mr. Ubiquity

imi still waiting for them to do Death: the high cost of living.  
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 21, 2005, 09:52:36 AM

Be glad they haven't.  You know they'd screw it up.

swolt

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 21, 2005, 09:51:04 AM

so your general consensus is thats shes hot?   her strong but feminine jawline doesnt bother ya?

my general consensus with myself is that she is hot, strong jawline or no. I bet she can take a mean right hook and still be standing.
That's why she is hooking up with Ben!

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on December 21, 2005, 09:53:58 AM

probably, but i head if they did, faruza balk was supposed to play death..  ohhhhhh......

ignom

That trailer doesn't tell me anything about the movie except that Nick Cage is in it.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 21, 2005, 10:01:20 AM
Quote from: Beefy on December 21, 2005, 09:53:58 AM

probably, but i HEARD if they did, faruza balk was supposed to play death..  ohhhhhh......

Beefy

Quote from: ignom on December 21, 2005, 10:02:21 AM
That trailer doesn't tell me anything about the movie except that Nick Cage is in it.

It's not an actual trailer.  Just the reveal of what the CGI head will look like.

It doesn't matter what the story is, anyway.

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on December 21, 2005, 09:59:10 AM

my general consensus with myself is that she is hot, strong jawline or no. I bet she can take a mean right hook and still be standing.
You know that you're a badass when you can come to a consensus with yourself!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on December 21, 2005, 10:06:34 AM
Quote from: swolt on December 21, 2005, 09:59:10 AM

You know that you're a badass when you can come to a consensus with yourself!

try dumb ass in my case, what u mean??

Gamplayerx

I have no idea what Ghost Rider is.  Is this another geeky comic book made into a movie?

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 21, 2005, 10:12:54 AM
I have no idea what Ghost Rider is.  Is this another geeky comic book made into a movie?

if u have to ask, you will never know.

yes it is.

ReBurn

Ghost Rider was never my thing.  I would prefer Marvel put the effort into the next X-men movie.  That, and a good Fantastic Four movie.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on December 21, 2005, 10:29:10 AM
Ghost Rider was never my thing.  I would prefer Marvel put the effort into the next X-men movie.  That, and a good Fantastic Four movie.

I would say do Gen 13, but then you coudl say  Teen Titans in the same breath.

ReBurn

I wouldn't say Teen Titans.  Because Teen Titans sucks.

Beefy

They recently announced the FF sequel, complete with all four leads AND the director of the first film.  So don't get your hopes up.

Maybe they'll do Iron Man one day.

I know they have an Ultimates animated movie coming out straight to DVD.

Mr. Ubiquity

Iron man would be pretty cool.   and have Black Sabbath intro his first flight too.....  the bass in the beginning.> ROCK ON.

meredith

oh man another decent comic made into a crap movie.  at least nick cage is hot.

iron man is one i'd like to see.

Jessie

Quote from: hattmoward on December 21, 2005, 11:51:11 AM
oh man another decent comic made into a crap movie.  at least nick cage is hot.

iron man is one i'd like to see.

He is hot, but not in any traditional sense.  It's the voice, I think.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on December 21, 2005, 12:10:32 PM
He is hot, but not in any traditional sense.

Well, his head is on fire.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on December 21, 2005, 10:43:21 AM

They recently announced the FF sequel, complete with all four leads AND the director of the first film.  So don't get your hopes up.

Maybe they'll do Iron Man one day.

I know they have an Ultimates animated movie coming out straight to DVD.
Fantastic Four was too much like the first X-Men movie for me.  Too much character development and not enough super-hero action.  In my opinion the whole bridge sequence went on too long and took up time that could have been used for better action.

Iron Man would be cool.

swolt

I want to see a Nightwing movie.

and Iron Man with Kevin Spacey.

pumpkineye

uhh

its not even funny in a sad way

Gamplayerx

I saw a trailer on tv.  It looks very dumb.  But there's lots of fire, and fire's always good. 

VikingJuice

Bishamonten

All in all, I dig it.  It's actually fucking -hard- to mess up Ghost Rider, because, frankly, it has no story.  It's a comic that you pick up because the art is good not because Johnny Blaze is a well written character.  It fits for the guy who is did Daredevil and Elektra because his weakest part was a shitty story over what could have been a really great story. 

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 27, 2006, 01:02:02 PM
All in all, I dig it.  It's actually fucking -hard- to mess up Ghost Rider, because, frankly, it has no story.  It's a comic that you pick up because the art is good not because Johnny Blaze is a well written character.  It fits for the guy who is did Daredevil and Elektra because his weakest part was a shitty story over what could have been a really great story. 

its not hard to make someone stupid look retarded.  It worked for Bushie Jr.

Beefy

Say what you will about how stupid the film looks, a 45 million dollar opening in February for a non-kids movie is nothing to sneeze at.

ReBurn

dazie

We're showing it on two screens and had sell outs all weekend.  However, when people left I heard a lot of "eh.  It was ok"
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

I really just want to see Nicholas Cage catch fire.

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on February 20, 2007, 09:54:34 AM
I really just want to see Nicholas Cage catch fire.

Sadly, it's only CG.

Beefy

Finally watching it tonight.  We'll see.

ReBurn

Let me know what you think. I have ten bucks off something at Best Buy that I might put toward it.

Beefy

Not the worst movie ever, but not very good either.  I think Bish was right in that it isn't the character that makes Johnny Blaze interesting, it's the spectacle.  And while there is some of that in the film, there's also waaaaay too much character.  The whole Blackheart thing is never as interesting as they make it out to be (Wes Bentley does not a good heavy make).  And the dramatic timing seems to be off in a lot of the big scenes; I kept getting the feeling like I knew how I was supposed to be reacting to something but the timing was off and it just wasn't working.

Daredevil was a better film, on the whole.

Cage wasn't bad, all things considered.  He's kind of lampooning his role in Wild at Heart here, minus the Elvis accent.  His Blaze is pretty two dimensional, but I think that's appropriate.

Eva Mendes had a thankless role, but she was admittedly hot.  I presume that's why they hired her.

Peter Fonda phoned it in.

A rental, then, unless the extras are something special.