Vampire movies

Started by eo000, December 03, 2008, 08:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

Quote from: Jessie on December 03, 2008, 01:57:08 PM
Quote from: eo000 on December 03, 2008, 01:40:55 PM
Quote from: Alice on December 03, 2008, 01:38:20 PM
Quote from: eo000 on December 03, 2008, 08:39:28 AM
oh, and if any of you know a way to get my hands on let the right one in, let me know. i really want to see that.

Is that the foreign one with the kids?  If so, let me know if anyone lets you know.
yeah, the swedish one catchr just linked to.
That looks fantastic.  Alice, let me know if erik lets you know that someone let him know.  thanks.

http://movie25.com/let-the-right-one-in-2008_2169.html

i'm not sure if the links work, but maybe.

eo000

wow, it does. now i need to get home and watch it!

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on December 03, 2008, 02:44:05 PM
oh, and if any of you know a way to get my hands on let the right one in, let me know. i really want to see that.

Is that the foreign one with the kids?  If so, let me know if anyone lets you know.
That looks fantastic.  Alice, let me know if erik lets you know that someone let him know.  thanks.

http://movie25.com/let-the-right-one-in-2008_2169.html

i'm not sure if the links work, but maybe.

Holy crap, dude!  You rock!

Dry then Catch

I'M GOING TO PAY TO FULL PRICE THEREBY SUPPORTING THE FOREIGN-INDIE movie scene.

In actuality, I bet the Swedish govt helped fund a lot of it. 

eo000

i liked it. it was good.

an american remake would be interesting.

Gamplayerx

Cassidy is making me read Twilight.  Except I haven't started it yet.  Also, she has way too many book borrowing rules.  I think I'm going to try and find the most dog-eared beat-up copy of this book to give back to her.

eo000

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 05, 2008, 12:27:14 PM
Cassidy is making me read Twilight.  Except I haven't started it yet.  Also, she has way too many book borrowing rules.  I think I'm going to try and find the most dog-eared beat-up copy of this book to give back to her.
isn't she a mini person?

Jessie

That would be funny.  Mean, but funny.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: eo000 on December 05, 2008, 12:36:08 PM
isn't she a mini person?
No. Cassidy's an amazonian person who likes mini persons.

Molly is a mini person. And she lent her copy of Twilight to Kerry.  And it is way dog-eared and beat-up.  I think I'll make a switch.

VikingJuice

Lost Boys
30 Days of Night
From Dusk Till Dawn

The one that scared me most as a kid was Salem's Lot-the original (not on the list above).  I got totally freaked from the vamp kid scratching on his brother's window.  I slept with a night light for at least 5 years after that.

Doesn't hold up when you watch it as an adult.

Jessie

Carroll got it and we watched it last night.  It was really good. 

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on March 23, 2009, 08:24:42 PM

Carroll got it and we watched it last night.  It was really good. 

this movie ruled, not at all what I was expecting.  The relationship was so touching, yet so ominous.  how did you feel about the removed genitalia.  Apparently the book answers a lot of questions, but the movie is supposed to be a separate beast.

Beefy

haven't watched it yet.  thanks.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on March 23, 2009, 09:04:54 PM
Do you have it?  Do you want it?

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on March 23, 2009, 09:19:21 PM

Yeah, it's here, I've just been battling a nasty head cold and have been in a bad mood, so I've been waiting until things are sunnier.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Beefy on March 24, 2009, 06:07:41 AM
Quote from: Jessie on March 23, 2009, 09:19:21 PM

Yeah, it's here, I've just been battling a nasty head cold and have been in a bad mood, so I've been waiting until things are sunnier.

actually i think this would be the perfect movie in that mood

Jessie

Yeah, it's not exactly sunny. 

And Catchr, to answer your smallified question -[spoiler] I asked Carroll if he thought there was a scar where the genitals should be because I couldn't tell, it was so fast.  I'm not sure WHAT to think of it.[/spoiler]

I loved the movie though, and the casting was great, except the old guy reminded me of Thurston Howell and it was distracting.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on March 24, 2009, 01:55:03 PM

And Catchr, to answer your smallified question -[spoiler] I asked Carroll if he thought there was a scar where the genitals should be because I couldn't tell, it was so fast.  I'm not sure WHAT to think of it.[/spoiler]

I loved the movie though, and the casting was great, except the old guy reminded me of Thurston Howell and it was distracting.

[spoiler] apparently according to the book, its actually a castrated boy.  but it doesnt matter much because he/she has been a pre-pubescent vampire for centuries.  of course this rule doesn't apply to the movie.  we have no idea if they shriveled from atrophy, is a vampire thing or perhaps was some female castration.  i mean she did say "I am not a boy" an awful lot but that was totally left up to interpretation.  the scary part is how warm and touching it was.  i could really see the appeal of hanging out with a 12 year old Swedish transgendered vampire. [/spoiler]

Jessie

Quote from: This Bears Repeating on March 24, 2009, 03:34:50 PM

[spoiler] apparently according to the book, its actually a castrated boy.  but it doesnt matter much because he/she has been a pre-pubescent vampire for centuries.  of course this rule doesn't apply to the movie.  we have no idea if they shriveled from atrophy, is a vampire thing or perhaps was some female castration.  i mean she did say "I am not a boy" an awful lot but that was totally left up to interpretation.  the scary part is how warm and touching it was.  i could really see the appeal of hanging out with a 12 year old Swedish transgendered vampire. [/spoiler]
Hrm.  Interesting.  I really want to read the book.  Do you know if it's been translated?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on March 24, 2009, 03:39:42 PM
Quote from: This Bears Repeating on March 24, 2009, 03:34:50 PM

Hrm.  Interesting.  I really want to read the book.  Do you know if it's been translated?

if you don't feel like reading it here is a review comparing the two.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/let-the-right-one-in,25503/

The book looks interesting, but I am not compelled to read it.  It just seems to wallow more in the lurid details and backstory.  I'm happy with the minimalism and general theme being kept in the movie. 

[spoiler] the main diff being it seems that Oskar, Ellie, her "dad" and all involved are more reprehensible and less likable in general [/spoiler]