News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

Net nanny etc...

Started by dazie, June 05, 2006, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

My lovely teenager will be participating in a "virtual" summer school for the next few months, as he tanked some core classes this year.

Is there a program that will prevent only his profile from accessing adult websites?  We only have one Internet-capable computer, and he's already shown he can't resist the temptation to go a wanderin' online.

HOWEVER- both Ursus and I have been known to peruse adult sites too, and I want to still be able to do that.  If we install something to keep Tim from doing it on his profile, does it necessarily block the whole computer?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

I believe that you can password protect it so that you can go wherever you want if you know the password.

I think.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

meredith

but mom it's research!

most of them, even if it does apply to all users, allow for a password to bypass.  i haven't really touched such an app since windows xp became popular, so i've only seen it on systems where there is pretty much only one profile

swolt

who is your internet service provider? most of them now offer free parental controls. You should call them and ask what they offer.

you can also install it on just his profile and it won't affect the other users.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

dazie

I have SBC.  I don't know if I want them in my biz or not.

swolt

in that case go with Net Nanny. Cheapest place to get it is tigerdirect.com. I've installed it a few times. Easy to install and works very well.

eo000

don't do it. he's just going to find something else to wank to. this is the reason people end up with balloon fetishes and get the hots for farm animals.

dazie

Quote from: eo000 on June 05, 2006, 01:16:39 PM
don't do it. he's just going to find something else to wank to. this is the reason people end up with balloon fetishes and get the hots for farm animals.

Or cosplay.

eo000

Quote from: dazie on June 05, 2006, 01:18:09 PM
Quote from: eo000 on June 05, 2006, 01:16:39 PM

Or cosplay.
my fuckin' point exactly.

meredith

btw

Quote from: dazie on June 05, 2006, 12:37:04 PM
he's already shown he can't resist the temptation to go a wanderin' online.

story time!

Beefy

WHAT IS WRONG WITH BALLOONS?!

swolt

my friend once registered www.ballonfetish.com

they never put anything up and I'm not sure I want to know what they planned on putting there...

Jessie

Girls popping balloons with high heels, most likely.

Not that I know anything about that.

I was young and I needed the money.

STOP JUDGING ME!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

meredith

if balloon fetishes are wrong, then i don't wanna be right!

[attachment deleted by admin]

ReBurn

I've used some free ones in the past that worked pretty well.  Look on download.com for them.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!