News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

Baseball Games

Started by kelbel, September 13, 2005, 03:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelbel

Anyone else going to a baseball game soon? I am going on the 22nd to see the Cubbies at the Brewers.
:)

ursus

Why would we spend money on the Royals?

I think we still have some T-Bones tix, you'ld have to ask Dazie.
I was just wondering...

Gamplayerx

We're going to the Orioles game on Friday.

cnamon

I guess we will make it to another Nationals game this month.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ursus on September 13, 2005, 04:46:22 AM

why spend money on ANY professional team?  Support the minor leagues or go to the high school games.   Atleast there, they play for the sport.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Alice

Quote from: kelbel on September 13, 2005, 03:08:06 AM
Anyone else going to a baseball game soon? I am going on the 22nd to see the Cubbies at the Brewers.
What did you do wrong to deserve that?

DownSouth

They moved our baseball team to Greenville because Columbia wouldn't build them a new stadium.

http://www.bomberball.com/

Pretty stupid since the team name comes from the Doo Little raiders training here for the Tokyo bombing.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

We have minor league baseball here.  You can get tickets for $5 for the cheap seats.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

DownSouth

Quote from: ReBurninator on September 13, 2005, 09:04:00 AM
We have minor league baseball here.  You can get tickets for $5 for the cheap seats.
What exactly is a Riverdog?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

Quote from: DownSouth on September 13, 2005, 09:08:51 AM
At least they aren't called the Rainbows anymore.

Mr. Ubiquity

better than being called the sperm gurgling guttersluts.

unless they are, then its ok.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Quote from: Marixis on September 13, 2005, 09:16:27 AM

I've never heard that name proposed for a minor league team.

Alice

Even then, you have to be PC.  The proper term now is esophagus enhanced and virginally challenged.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: AliceLiddell on September 13, 2005, 09:18:24 AM

Even then, you have to be PC.  The proper term now is esophagus enhanced and virginally challenged.

true, but i dont know how to be politically correct.  im incorrect in all regards.

Jessie

We have the Riverbats here.  They used to be the Redbirds.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

sugar_grrl

We used to have the Zephyers as a minor league team...the only game I went to of theirs they got beaten by the Mud Hens....now we have the Rockies.....I'm not sure what is worse....
Have you ever seen a llama kiss a llama on the llama?

kelbel

Quote from: Marixis on September 13, 2005, 08:09:03 AM
Quote from: ursus on September 13, 2005, 04:46:22 AM

why spend money on ANY professional team?  Support the minor leagues or go to the high school games.   Atleast there, they play for the sport.

I also go to the Rockford Riverhawks. http://www.rockfordriverhawks.com/

Currently their stadium is just under a mile from my house. They are moving to a new stadium next year so they will be a couple of miles. The Cubbies farm team used to be in that stadium about 4 years ago.
:)

cnamon

I went to the Nats vs. Cubs game on Saturday and yelled Loud Noises when it got quiet in our section to prove the point that you can scream anything at a game to get people riled up.

It worked. 

I was about 5 beers in at that point.

Jessie

Quote from: Dottie Lou on July 25, 2006, 01:02:10 PM
I went to the Nats vs. Cubs game on Saturday and yelled Loud Noises when it got quiet in our section to prove the point that you can scream anything at a game to get people riled up.

It worked. 

You should have heard the stuff I yelled Saturday night after I shared a fifth of rum (and about 1/4 of a second fifth) with this dude.  It was an interesting night.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: jessie on July 25, 2006, 01:12:24 PM

It worked. 

You should have heard the stuff I yelled Saturday night after I shared a fifth of rum (and about 1/4 of a second fifth) with this dude.  It was an interesting night.
Which dude?  How much is a fifth?  I'm so clueless.  I love going to baseball games.  This is an old thread.  Hi!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 25, 2006, 08:27:24 PM

It worked. 

Which dude?  How much is a fifth?  I'm so clueless.  I love going to baseball games.  This is an old thread.  Hi!
I meant how much is a fifth in liquid measures, not price.  Although you could answer the price question, too.  If you want.  I don't really care either way.  It's not like I'm going to buy any.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 25, 2006, 08:31:36 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 25, 2006, 08:27:24 PM

It worked. 

I meant how much is a fifth in liquid measures, not price.  Although you could answer the price question, too.  If you want.  I don't really care either way.  It's not like I'm going to buy any.
A fifth is a big bottle.  It cost like $15 of Tyler's money.  The dude was Nick, Tyler's friend, who apparently has a crush on me.  I can show you pictures of him, if you'd like.

Gamplayerx

DownSouth

swolt

Quote from: DownSouth on July 26, 2006, 08:21:29 AM
A fifth is 750ml.

wrong. a fifth is a bottle of happiness that helps daddy sleep at night
A clever man commits no minor blunders.