News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

Yay for piggies!

Started by Jessie, June 09, 2005, 11:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Thank you louisvillemojo.com!

I posted an ad and now I've found a woman trying to get rid of two female guinea pigs, mother and daughter, 6 and 9 months old, with cage, food dishes, water bottles, bed and igloos.

She's going to let me have them for $50. 

That's an INCREDIBLE deal.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Dry then Catch

are you having people over for dinner

DownSouth

Why does she want to get rid of them so bad?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

Quote from: DownSouth on June 09, 2005, 11:58:18 AM
Why does she want to get rid of them so bad?
Because they are evil.

Gamplayerx

I'll bet they're too noisy and bitey.

Jessie

Guinea pigs don't bite.

QuoteI am getting rid of them because I have two other male guinea pigs and I originally bought the girls for my younger sister, who has decided she will no longer take care of them and now my parents won't buy anything for them, so it has become my responsibility. I really don't have the time or money to take care of them.

cnamon

Quote from: Jessie on June 09, 2005, 12:12:05 PM

QuoteI am getting rid of them because they are evil and one tried to bite me in the box.

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on June 09, 2005, 12:14:10 PM

QuoteI am getting rid of them because they are evil and one tried to bite me in the box.

I like being bitten in the box, but I was trying to keep it quiet.

Gamplayerx

Guinea pigs don't bite.
Guinea pigs don't bite my Aunt Fanny!

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 09, 2005, 12:20:13 PM
Guinea pigs don't bite.
Guinea pigs don't bite my Aunt Fanny!

I'd say that one biting would be very rare.  They're exceptionally gentle and tame.

Hamsters on the other hand...

Gamplayerx

Maybe they grown 'em different in Kentucky. 

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Guinea pigs are very docile and rapidly become accustomed to gentle handling, in fact guinea pigs rarely bite. Aggression between females is uncommon and is more likely to occur between males in competition for a female in estrous. Guinea pigs are easily alarmed and will often "freeze" for extended periods (30 minutes) when startled. Group housed guinea pigs may stampede when startled which may result in injury to young guinea pigs, orthopedic injuries, and abortion in pregnant dams. Guinea pigs are considered crepuscular animals.

http://research.uiowa.edu/animal/?get=g_pig

ReBurn

I just imagined a guinea pig stampede.  It was quite humorous.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Jessie

Dry then Catch

let them play with your mom's real pig

ignom

I'm still considering getting a guinea pig or a hampster.

I would like to have a dog, but it would have to already be housebroken.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Jessie

Hamsters bite.

Guinea pigs don't.

Kittens don't need to be housebroken.

Shelters might have housebroken dogs.  You'd have to walk them and stuff though.

DownSouth

I adopted a house broken dog.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

nishi

Quote from: Jessie on June 09, 2005, 12:30:43 PM
The female members of Junto are very docile and rapidly become accustomed to gentle handling, in fact these women rarely bite. Aggression between females is uncommon and is more likely to occur between males in competition for a female in estrous. However, Junto females are easily alarmed and will often "freeze" for extended periods (30 minutes) when startled. Group housed Junto females may stampede when startled which may result in injury to anyone standing within 50 yards. Juntoers are considered crepuscular animals.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Jessie

Quote from: nishi on June 09, 2005, 02:31:58 PM
Quote from: Jessie on June 09, 2005, 12:30:43 PM
The female members of Junto are very docile and rapidly become accustomed to gentle handling, in fact these women rarely bite. Aggression between females is uncommon and is more likely to occur between males in competition for a female in estrous. However, Junto females are easily alarmed and will often "freeze" for extended periods (30 minutes) when startled. Group housed Junto females may stampede when startled which may result in injury to anyone standing within 50 yards. Juntoers are considered crepuscular animals.

hahaha

Jessie

Or not...(keep in mind that I posted ads on two sites - louisville.craigslist.org and louisvillemojo.com)

Hi Jessie,

Well I'm starting to think we don't live in the same province because I have no clue where those places are, but if that's the case then there is small animal shipping and rather than paying the $50.00 you can just pay the shipping/handling and nothing else.  So what province do you live in?? Hopefully Ontario.

Sincerely,

Marlene

nishi

Quote from: Jessie on June 09, 2005, 07:19:19 PM
Or not...(keep in mind that I posted ads on two sites - louisville.craigslist.org and louisvillemojo.com)

Hi Jessie,

Well I'm starting to think we don't live in the same province because I have no clue where those places are, but if that's the case then there is small animal shipping and rather than paying the $50.00 you can just pay the shipping/handling and nothing else.  So what province do you live in?? Hopefully Ontario.

Sincerely,

Marlene

WHOA!! CANADIAN PIGS!!!
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Bennyhana

Is that how they get that special small, circulur bacon?

Jessie

Quote from: Bennyhana on June 09, 2005, 11:20:36 PM
Is that how they get that special small, circulur bacon?

hahaha

I wonder how much it would cost to import them.  Is that even legal?

Gamplayerx

The US has fairly strict regulations on transporting animals into the country - but maybe it doesn't apply to guinea pigs.

dazie

Quote from: nishi on June 09, 2005, 10:13:35 PM
Quote from: Jessie on June 09, 2005, 07:19:19 PM

Hi Jessie,

Sincerely,

Marlene

WHOA!! CANADIAN PIGS!!!

That made me laugh really loud.  It elicited a "pft" from the cube next to me.    :oink:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?