News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Mr. Bungle.

Started by Youphoric, May 14, 2005, 12:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youphoric

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

;D

Alice

One of the marks I have to see if a person gets to go in the "supercool" section of my brain, is if they know and like Mr. Bungle.

Welcome to the supercool section of my brain.

Youphoric

I'm honored!

I'm buying one of their albums today, if Best Buy carries them.

Alice

Quote from: Youphoric on May 14, 2005, 01:23:55 PM
I'm honored!

I'm buying one of their albums today, if Best Buy carries them.

They most certainly do.

I recommend California.  It's my favorite so far.

Beefy

Disco Volante was made more to challenge listeners and to drive away the Frat types who picked up the first album just because Mike Patton was in the band.

I know of at least two people who to this day won't listen to the first album because the circus music motiff freaks them out too much.

Jessie

Who are they?

Would I like them?

I know who Mike Patton is, but that wouldn't necessarily attract me to a band.

However, my grandma's maiden name is Patton, so we might be related.  It's rumored that we're related to George.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: jessie on May 14, 2005, 07:58:22 PM
Who are they?

Would I like them?

They were the band that Faith No More stole Mike Patton from.  Patton only agreed to the move if Warners would produce Bungle's first disk.

First album - mix of ska, circus music, and metal.  Lyrics about dead dogs, fucking, John Travolta, etc.

2nd album - as offputting as possible.  Extremely hard to describe.  Only two songs resemble normal rock/pop songs, and one of those goes off the deep end.  Lots of screaming and foreign languages and experimenting and a platypus.

Third album - The musical genre hop album.  They get bored, so they like to try new things.  No two songs on the album sound the same.  It opens with a vaguely Beach Boys-esque tune, launches into a sci-fi swing gallop, offers their first ballad, and then things get really interesting.

No fourth album.  Stupid band members got too jealous of Patton's fame and fortune and made the working environment too difficult.  Bastards.

Youphoric

The best buy DOES NOT CARRY them anymore!!!!

ARG!