News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

Ohh yeah!

Started by ReBurn, September 13, 2005, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

I don't know what I'm supposed to be reading there.  The link goes to an ad and then to a page with tons of stuff.

nishi

i assume he's talking about the old skool games being released by taiko....

<<Several companies still around from the days of the stand-up arcades, most notably Midway and Namco, have packaged titles from their past library into single-disc time machines, bringing yesterday's games to today's consoles.

Taito joined the trend, by announcing Taito Legends for the PlayStation 2, PC, and Xbox, which it will publish in Europe. However, Sega today came to the rescue of nostalgic Americans by revealing that it would publish the title in North and South America.

Taito created one of the all-time great quarter-guzzlers in 1978's Space Invaders. That game, along with 28 others, will be playable in its original arcade format. Among the other highlights in Taito Legends are 1986's Bubble Bobble, featuring the bubble-blowing dragons Bub and Bob, and 1987's Operation Wolf, a Rambo-esque shooter that featured a light gun.

Taito Legends has not yet been rated by the ESRB and will be available for $19.99. A list of all 29 games is below.

•Battle Shark
•Bubble Bobble
•Colony 7
•Continental Circus
•Electric Yo-Yo
•Elevator Action
•Exzisus
•Gladiator
•Great Swordsman
•Jungle Hunt
•New Zealand Story
•Ninja Kids
•Operation Thunderbolt
•Operation Wolf
•Phoenix
•Plotting
•Plump Pop
•Rainbow Islands
•Rastan
•Return of the Invaders
•Space Gun
•Space Invaders
•Space Invaders part II
•Super Qix
•Thunderfox
•Tokio
•Tube It
•Volfied
•Zoo Keeper >>

there was a game called "plump pop"??? that sounds like an extreme internet fetish site that most of us would not be brave enough to click the link to.... meh.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: nishi on September 13, 2005, 09:08:30 PM
i assume he's talking about the old skool games being released by taiko....

<<Several companies still around from the days of the stand-up arcades, most notably Midway and Namco, have packaged titles from their past library into single-disc time machines, bringing yesterday's games to today's consoles.

Taito joined the trend, by announcing Taito Legends for the PlayStation 2, PC, and Xbox, which it will publish in Europe. However, Sega today came to the rescue of nostalgic Americans by revealing that it would publish the title in North and South America.

Taito created one of the all-time great quarter-guzzlers in 1978's Space Invaders. That game, along with 28 others, will be playable in its original arcade format. Among the other highlights in Taito Legends are 1986's Bubble Bobble, featuring the bubble-blowing dragons Bub and Bob, and 1987's Operation Wolf, a Rambo-esque shooter that featured a light gun.

Taito Legends has not yet been rated by the ESRB and will be available for $19.99. A list of all 29 games is below.

•Battle Shark
•Bubble Bobble
•Colony 7
•Continental Circus
•Electric Yo-Yo
•Elevator Action
•Exzisus
•Gladiator
•Great Swordsman
•Jungle Hunt
•New Zealand Story
•Ninja Kids
•Operation Thunderbolt
•Operation Wolf
•Phoenix
•Plotting
•Plump Pop
•Rainbow Islands
•Rastan
•Return of the Invaders
•Space Gun
•Space Invaders
•Space Invaders part II
•Super Qix
•Thunderfox
•Tokio
•Tube It
•Volfied
•Zoo Keeper >>

there was a game called "plump pop"??? that sounds like an extreme internet fetish site that most of us would not be brave enough to click the link to.... meh.

:blah:
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Gamplayerx

Oh.  I only recognize like 2 titles from that list.

I really need to call Grumpus's dad and see if he wants to donate any stand up game things to the auctions.

ignom

My dad used to have a business where he rented out arcade games to arcades. He even owned an arcade at one point, but it wasn't the kind where kids hung out playing Galaga all day. It was the kind where the local low-lifes congregated at night and got drunk and played pool and pinball and video poker in the thick haze of cigarette smoke.

He did have a table Pac Man that he told me I could have but then sold it.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Gamplayerx

Grumpus's dad has a couple of arcades.  But he mostly just puts his games/juke boxes/pool tables/sticker machines in other people's businesses.

He does have a Ms. Pacman in his basement.  And a Centipede.  And a juke box.  And a bunch of pinball machines.  And that shooting gallery game.  And a player piano.  He also usually swaps out some other game.

But he also has some warehouses full of games.  Like I said, I should call him.

ReBurn

I want arcade games so bad!  But I don't have anywhere to put them.  One day when I move to a place where I can have a basement you better watch out.  I'm going to have arcade games and a Rockola jukebox.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

BigDun

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 13, 2005, 09:52:05 PM
Grumpus's dad has a couple of arcades.  But he mostly just puts his games/juke boxes/pool tables/sticker machines in other people's businesses.

He does have a Ms. Pacman in his basement.  And a Centipede.  And a juke box.  And a bunch of pinball machines.  And that shooting gallery game.  And a player piano.  He also usually swaps out some other game.

Does he have a William's Defender or Stargate he would let go cheap? I'll be in the area with a large van in a week.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ignom

Quote from: BigDun on September 13, 2005, 11:20:37 PM

Does he have a William's Defender or Stargate he would let go cheap? I'll be in the area with a large van in a week.

Can you pick me up a table top Pac Man or Galaga and drop it off on your way back? That is if he has one and Gamp says ok. Maybe I should ask her first.

ignom

Gamp, if Grumpus's father has an extra table top Pac Man or Galaga can Big Dun load it up and bring it to me?

(Pretend I posted this message before that one to Big Dun.)

Mr. Ubiquity

call or date?
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Gamplayerx

Call.  Why would I date my husband's 70 year old father?

DownSouth

I'll take a Golden Tee.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 14, 2005, 08:28:56 AM
Call.  Why would I date my husband's 70 year old father?

i really cant answer that for you. 

Beefy

Jessie

Ooooh Yeaaahhh

Oh bomp bomp.

Chicka chickhaaaaaa.

Do you know that song?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on September 14, 2005, 09:18:53 AM
Ooooh Yeaaahhh

Oh bomp bomp.

Chicka chickhaaaaaa.

Do you know that song?
Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

I mean, it's not who wrote the song - but it always reminds me of it.

Mr. Ubiquity

Ooooh Yeaaahhh

Oh bomp bomp.

Chicka chickhaaaaaa.

Do you know that song?

Farris Bueller's day off   Thats the most i know.

nishi

Quote from: ignom on September 13, 2005, 09:27:13 PM
He did have a table Pac Man that he told me I could have but then sold it.

your dad and my dad had a lot in common.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Mr. Ubiquity

Beefy

Quote from: AliceLiddell on September 14, 2005, 09:19:51 AM
Ooooh Yeaaahhh

Oh bomp bomp.

Chicka chickhaaaaaa.

Do you know that song?
Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

I mean, it's not who wrote the song - but it always reminds me of it.

Yello

BigDun

So Gamp, what's the word on everyone's video games?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on September 14, 2005, 09:53:18 AM
So Gamp, what's the word on everyone's video games?
I'm thinking it's a no go.

BigDun