News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

The Playoffs`

Started by WileE, April 12, 2006, 11:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WileE

It is almost time for the Hockey Playoffs.

You may all dance with joy and glee.  :)
Snakes on a mutha-f%$#in' plane!!!

"The Temple of Syrnix is havin' the bake sale of the year."

eo000

and here i thought they were just going to give the cup to the wings and let everyone else get a headstart on vacation.

WileE

Nope...I am thinking San Jose as the dark horse.

Listener

I'm kind of glad to see the Thrashers not make it.  That means less work for me.  (I have to put all sporting events into our database, and playoff series are a bitch because you never know if there's going to be a 4th or 5th game or not, and it sucks to watch sports you don't care for -- in my case, baseball, but with hockey the principle's the same.)

WileE

Quote from: Listener on April 18, 2006, 11:33:21 AM
I'm kind of glad to see the Thrashers not make it.  That means less work for me.  (I have to put all sporting events into our database, and playoff series are a bitch because you never know if there's going to be a 4th or 5th game or not, and it sucks to watch sports you don't care for -- in my case, baseball, but with hockey the principle's the same.)

There is always a fourth game in Hockey Playoffs (it is a race to four).  I hope this helps you embrace and enjoy the greatest sport in the world.   :D

nishi

Quote from: WileE on April 18, 2006, 06:47:43 PM

There is always a fourth game in Hockey Playoffs (it is a race to four).  I hope this helps you embrace and enjoy the greatest sport in the world.   :D

i believe we are pretty much the only hockey fans here on junto. eo keeps up with it, but i can't remember his level of enthusiasm.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

no! i take that back! alice loves hockey!
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Alice

Quote from: nishi on April 19, 2006, 01:11:38 AM
no! i take that back! alice loves hockey!
I like hockey.

I love the Redwings.  :D

Jessie

Does the ` make it French or something?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Listener

Quote from: nishi on April 19, 2006, 01:07:21 AM

i believe we are pretty much the only hockey fans here on junto. eo keeps up with it, but i can't remember his level of enthusiasm.

And Snizwilk, I think.

cnamon

Quote from: Listener on April 19, 2006, 11:13:31 AM

And Snizwilk, I think.
I like it...but I haven't kept up with it.  I will go to more games next year, though.

WileE

Quote from: Jessie on April 19, 2006, 09:31:35 AM

No, that is called "fat finger going for the tab button and missing, but user not seeing the error".

;D

Alice

Quote from: WileE on April 19, 2006, 11:36:24 AM
Quote from: Jessie on April 19, 2006, 09:31:35 AM

No, that is called "fat finger going for the tab button and missing, but user not seeing the error".

;D
Will you outline your finger on MSPaint so we can see how fat it is?

WileE

One index finger, sans artistic talent.

[attachment deleted by admin]

nishi

Quote from: Listener on April 19, 2006, 11:13:31 AM

And Snizwilk, I think.

indeed. sniz IS hockey.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

WileE

The playoffs are going to be good as hell this year.  I think they will be better than 03-04 even.

I shall count the days untill the playoffs begin. 

1 day.

snizwilk

Go Edmonton!  Beat the Wings.. so far so good!

obligatory.. Go Stars!

snizwilk

looking like overtime... edmonton will give the wings a run.  Unfortunately, I'm sure the Av's will give us a run too. 

snizwilk

tampa bay got spanked.. as expected.

snizwilk

goddamn OLN... I can't watch the damn edmonton/detroit game thanks to their gayness with Dish Network.  Crap.

snizwilk

can't wait until 2:00 CDT tomorrow.. oh man there is nothing better than a playoff game. 

snizwilk

woohoo.. man I'm glad we don't have the Oilers in the first round this year.  2OT coming up.. go Canada!

Alice

Wow.  The Blackhawks didn't totally suck it up this season.

snizwilk

Quote from: Alice on April 22, 2006, 12:33:51 AM

Yes they did.

Alice

Quote from: snizwilk on April 22, 2006, 09:21:14 AM
Quote from: Alice on April 22, 2006, 12:33:51 AM

Yes they did.
I'm comparing to the last couple of years... not to other teams.  :)  As far as the Blackhawks go, they didn't suck nearly as much as normal.

snizwilk

Stars played like assclowns.  No hope of a Cup if they keep that shit up. 

WileE

Because they are assclowns.

GO BUFFALO!!!

WileE

And Edmonton takes out Detroit.  Talk about upset.

nishi

now that the wings are out, i can focus my attentions on martin brodeur and the devils, thereby totally demoralizing sniz.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

snizwilk

Turco sucks balls.  Too bad he has a no trade clause.

WileE

Holy crap, what a night for hockey.  'Canes beat the Devils, and the Sharks took down the Oilers.  Both great one goal (one in OT) games.  Freeking cool. The 'Canes/Devils game featured two goals in the final 20 seconds of the game. 

WOO HOO!!!