News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

Not particularly impressed

Started by WileE, September 10, 2006, 09:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WileE

With the Indy offense.  They are painfully one-dimensional.  While I have little doubt they are going to come around, this almost hurts to watch. 
Snakes on a mutha-f%$#in' plane!!!

"The Temple of Syrnix is havin' the bake sale of the year."

swolt

you watching the Manning Bowl too?
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Infobahn

BigDun

Best match I have seen today. And Indy is trying to get a running game going on this drive.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

WileE

Yeah, they are doing ok, I suppose.  If Indy had a running game, they would be frightening.  Watching 2.5 quarters of Payton throwing into the nickel makes the fantasy GM in me cringe.  :)

It's not bad football...it's bad fantasy football.

Infobahn

Quote from: WileE on September 10, 2006, 10:05:38 PM
It's not bad football...it's bad fantasy football.

I am playing the CEO of my company.  I have Peyton, he has Eli...

I am winning right now.  He was undefeated last year.

WileE

I think I am getting the win this week thanks to the grace of God and alot of luck.  :)  I think I will have the lowest winning score, which does not bode well for the following weeks.

Infobahn

What I think is REALLY interesting is that ESPN is advertising MNF on NBC...

WileE

Ain't that a bitch!!!!!   I thought I was going to hang on for a point or two win. 

Time for a season of sucktitude.

Alice

I am totally impressed with the Bears performance!

WileE

Quote from: Alice on September 10, 2006, 10:48:54 PM

I didn't get to watch that one, just the highlights.  The Fox guys never answered the question of whether the Bears were that good, or GB was that bad....

any insight??

Alice

Quote from: WileE on September 10, 2006, 10:54:00 PM
Quote from: Alice on September 10, 2006, 10:48:54 PM

I didn't get to watch that one, just the highlights.  The Fox guys never answered the question of whether the Bears were that good, or GB was that bad....

any insight??
It was a little bit of both.  Favre wasn't passing as well as he normally does but Grossman was passing like Favre normally does.  Some tight, fast throws. 

I think they said that GB hasn't been shut out since 91?  I could be wrong - not really sure where to look that up.

WileE

While I am no big football fan, I know that for quite some time GB was a very strong team.  When I saw the highlights, I figured either the team is falling apart, or Chicago is going to upset alot of teams this year.

Infobahn

Quote from: Alice on September 10, 2006, 10:56:52 PM
I think they said that GB hasn't been shut out since 91?  I could be wrong - not really sure where to look that up.
Correct.  Shannon Sharpe was on the team, and confirmed it on TV today.

Alice

Quote from: WileE on September 10, 2006, 11:00:41 PM
While I am no big football fan, I know that for quite some time GB was a very strong team.  When I saw the highlights, I figured either the team is falling apart, or Chicago is going to upset alot of teams this year.
Well Grossman was supposed to be this amazing QB and he kept getting injured in pre-season.  So we've all been kind of waiting to see what he can do.  He sucked in pre-season this year, but was on point today.

I'm really hoping Chicago is going to cause an upset.

Alice

Quote from: Infobahn on September 10, 2006, 11:01:55 PM
Quote from: Alice on September 10, 2006, 10:56:52 PM
Correct.  Shannon Sharpe was on the team, and confirmed it on TV today.
Thanks!  I wasn't sure if I heard it right - cuz that's a long time to go without a shutout.