Brett Favvverr, er Farvvver, or Fa-ver-uh

Started by VikingJuice, March 04, 2008, 09:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Is officially retiring today.  I used to like the guy, but at some point, I think he turned into an ass.  It will definitely be interesting where Green Bay goes from here.  They do have a QB on the roster who's been groomed for the job but still, the last time GB started a season without Favre was 1991 and Don Majikowski was quickly losing his "Majik" from the year before.  And prior to that, GB was terrible for much of a quarter century going back to Lombardi.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3277034&sportCat=nfl

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

BigDun

I wanted him to go out with a Super Bowl win, but regardless, it's time for him to retire.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

eo000

Quote from: VikingJuice on March 04, 2008, 09:10:02 PM
Is officially retiring today.  I used to like the guy, but at some point, I think he turned into an ass.  It will definitely be interesting where Green Bay goes from here.  They do have a QB on the roster who's been groomed for the job but still, the last time GB started a season without Favre was 1991 and Don Majikowski was quickly losing his "Majik" from the year before.  And prior to that, GB was terrible for much of a quarter century going back to Lombardi.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3277034&sportCat=nfl
I agree about him becoming an ass. When they drafted Rogers, he couldn't be less diplomatic about showing the new guy the ropes. He said something along the lines of I'm not here to coach, and it's not my responsibilty to teach anyone anything. I'm paid to be the Packers Quarterback.

DownSouth

Quote from: eo000 on March 05, 2008, 07:20:05 AM

I agree about him becoming an ass. When they drafted Rogers, he couldn't be less diplomatic about showing the new guy the ropes. He said something along the lines of I'm not here to coach, and it's not my responsibilty to teach anyone anything. I'm paid to be the Packers Quarterback.
He needs to take a few lessons from Major League 3.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bennyhana

Brett Farvrverve is a magnificent bastard.  He wasn't hired to coach, or to be a diplomat.  He was hired because of his laser-rocket arm.  He's not a cerebral player.  He'll never be a coach; thinking about the game and analyzing everything is not how he rolls.  He doesn't pick defenses apart, he blasts through them.  I am very, very glad that the Bears won't have to play against him anymore.  He was the bane of the Bears
existence for the better part of my life.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on March 05, 2008, 08:55:22 AM
He was the bane of the Bears

I just heard that during Favre's career, we went through 21 starting QBs.  :-\

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on March 05, 2008, 08:57:20 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on March 05, 2008, 08:55:22 AM
He was the bane of the Bears

I just heard that during Favre's career, we went through 21 starting QBs.  :-\

Probably half of which started the better part of a season.  Why can't the Bears seem to choose wisely in the draft?  Cade McNown and Rex Grossman were both supposed to be really good, and they both were not.  Rex, at least, had half a good year last year. 

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on March 05, 2008, 10:47:51 AM
Rex, at least, had half a good year last year. 

Mostly because of Bernard Berrian.  They worked well together.  I'm not sure how he's going to do without Btwice this year.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on March 05, 2008, 07:20:05 AM

Thank You!!!  That's the exact situation that first turned me against him.  He came across like a total asswhipe.  Sure, it may not be his job to coach the new guy but have some class, have some diginity, and have some fucking brains.  If Favre coaches the guy up, and just possibly Favre could have been hurt for part of a season, the replacement would have had a better chance of keeping the team afloat while Favre healed and came back to make a playoff run.  It ended up not working like that because he was an iron-man but still, it's awfully shortsighted of him to act in that manner.

Then the constant am I staying am I going drama...I'm glad he's gone.  It should be a person of greater class than him to own all the Marino records.